Manly players off contract 2016:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wrap up taufua lawrence symonds and leary, unfortunately i think this is killers last year. resign hynes, armstrong, goodall/lavaka, vave and pratt for cheap. If theres money left over resign starling. I've heard mateo got given the back door, but he played the other night so maybe not? mateo is pretty crucial to our team as he reduces pressure on walker and cherry.

Tafua-2Y
Lawrence-2Y
Starling-1Y-Looks a little out of sorts but should come good
Hynes-3Y
Symonds-2Y
Mateo-1Y-Impact is so good to have but only pay small money
Leary-2Y-Such a great bloke and is close to a FG call up
Vave-2Y-Showing promising signs and bends the line great impact
John-2Y-Good half cover

By the way Buhrer is actually off contract next year not this year

And who we should sign:

Tamou-3Y

Gillett-3Y-Only if Buhrer struggles

And a centre on a 3 year deal here are the options I see
-Curtis Scott
-Brenko Lee
-Dean Whare-Could get released with Penrith opting for young guns
-Chee Kam

And possibly go after another bench forward
-Greg Eastwood
-Tony Williams
-Issac Liu

And resign lavaka on a 2 year deal

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 15
Some handy player off contract at other clubs

FB – L Coote / Michael Gordon

W – Josh Mansour / A Don

W – David Mead / G Eden

C – Matt Gilett / Curtis Rona

C – Iosia Soliola / Lachlan Maranta

5/8 – Corey Norman / Anthony Milford

½ - Cooper Cronk / Moses Mbye

Lock – Corey Parker / Josh Jackson

2nd Row – Ethan Lowe / Matt Gilett

2nd Row – Sam Moa / Tariq Sims

Prop – James Tamou / D Klemmer

Hooker – N Peats / Mitch Rein

Prop - Nelson Asofa-Solomona / Jarord Wallace

Tafua-2Y
Lawrence-2Y
Starling-1Y-Looks a little out of sorts but should come good
Hynes-3Y
Symonds-2Y
Mateo-1Y-Impact is so good to have but only pay small money
Leary-2Y-Such a great bloke and is close to a FG call up
Vave-2Y-Showing promising signs and bends the line great impact
John-2Y-Good half cover

By the way Buhrer is actually off contract next year not this year

And who we should sign:

Tamou-3Y

Gillett-3Y-Only if Buhrer struggles

And a centre on a 3 year deal here are the options I see
-Curtis Scott
-Brenko Lee
-Dean Whare-Could get released with Penrith opting for young guns
-Chee Kam

And possibly go after another bench forward
-Greg Eastwood
-Tony Williams
-Issac Liu

And resign lavaka on a 2 year deal
I know your young and say some dumb stuff but Tony Williams? PUT.THE.PIPE.DOWN

Wouldn't mind picking up Rona if he is happy to play on the wing for cheap.
Jorge is one of my favourite Manly players but I don't know if I would resign him.

I would take Josh Jackson, James Tamou, and Justin O'Neil.

Josh Jackson is one of my favourite players...he is so tough and angry all the time. Tamou is obviously the big body we need in the middle and replacements for Killer don't come any better than O'Neil who is quickly developing into one of the games elite centres.

Rhys Armstrong, Luke Burgess, Fabian Goodall, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Nicholas Hynes, Isaac John, Dylan Kelly, Halauafu Lavaka, Brenton Lawrence, Blake Leary, Jamie Lyon, Feleti Mateo, Tim Moltzen, Hugh Pratt, Tony Satini, Josh Starling, Tom Symonds, Jorge Taufua, Siosaia Vave, Brayden Wiliame

Honestly not one player we desperately need to be rushing to re-sign

Burgess, Green, Hodges, Moltzen, Satini and Williame can all go

Goodall seems to jump between second row, wing and prop....doubt he will make it but he has the year to earn a contract

Lavaka the same, has the year but currently playing off the bench in reserves

Armstrong & Kelly I know little about

Hynes and Pratt look promising and and the right price worth locking up now, but worth seeing how they continue to develop over the next month

Taufua, Lawrence, Starling, Leary, Symonds are good players but all are subject to form, price and who we can get in

Mateo and his price can go

John is ok for depth..........reassess late in the year

Vave has played well the last few weeks, good on him, but he is playing at near his peak......other options could be better or could be offered a small deal late in the piece to go around again

Lyon.............legend, wants to go around again and I'd like to see it happen but have to wait another ten rounds before we get a picture of where he is at

We have a QUALITY centre in our under 20's Jesse Ramien. Hopefully he is ready to step up next year and possibly solve our centre issues.
I would love to be proven wrong but from what I have seen Ramien does not have genuine speed or the quality of young Tom Trbojevic to have an Impact in the NRL.
Some young players do well in the lower grades but the step up for them is beyond their ability .

You don't need Tamou and Gilette at their age for the money they will command. And we already have Myles as our learned veteran, plus BJ and Tapau etc.

My recommendation would be to aim younger - Klemmer and Lowe. A Pack with Myles and Klemmer, then Lowe, Tapau and Jake T as the back row - looks good to me...

I would love to be proven wrong but from what I have seen Ramien does not have genuine speed or the quality of young Tom Trbojevic to have an Impact in the NRL.
Some young players do well in the lower grades but the step up for them is beyond their ability .
Can we not make this about Williame ;)

I hear you Loobs but I have a lot of resistance to seeing grub Klemmer in the Maroon & White ... just can't get my brain to create the pictures

I hear you Loobs but I have a lot of resistance to seeing grub Klemmer in the Maroon & White ... just can't get my brain to create the pictures
We need a goog grub to rub salt into the opposition forwards
Ill take Klemmer any day

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4