Manly Presentation Night awards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
GLENN STEWART AND BRENT KITE WIN MAJOR AWARDS FOR 2008

10/10/2008 - By Zorba
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?newsid=4010

Manly's new Test forward Glenn Stewart capped off a magnificent week last night when he was named the Sea Eagles best and fairest player for the 2008 premiership winners.

Stewart was a popular winner at a sell out awards night at Miramare Gardens at Terrey Hills.

The ball playing back rower has collected a premiership ring, been chosen to represent Australia at the upcoming World Cup and then won his club's major award for the season.

"It has been a special season in my life with a special group of mates," Stewart told the crowd of 850 last night.

Grand final Clive Churchill Medal winner Brent Kite continued his success by collecting the prestigious Players Player award for the Sea Eagles.

The giant prop was delighted with the award from his team mates.

"They are my brothers - we go to battle with each other and there has been a special bond between us over the past few seasons. To win this in a season where we have been so successful means a lot," Kite said.

Cult figure winger David Williams was a runaway winner of the Rookie of the Year Award after scoring 14 tries in his debut season and winning World Cup selection.

Departing front rower Mark Bryant was named Clubman of the Year for his outstanding work in the community with schoolchildren and for his devotion to community service in general. His leadership in team issues was also a major contributor to his award as well as his form best career in the run in to the finals.

Bryant celebrated his 100th first grade game in emphatic fashion last Sunday.

Sea Eagles best and fairest:Glenn Stewart
Sea Eagles Players Player:Brent Kite
Sea Eagles Rookie of the Year: David Williams

Clubman of the Year:Mark Bryant

Other awards last night were:

Leading Point Scorer: Matt Orford (169)
Leading Try Scorer: Brett Stewart (22)
Toyota Cup Players Player: Kieran Foran
Toyota Cup Best and Fairest: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
NSW Cup Players Player: Jack Afamasaga
NSW Cup Best and Fairest: Phil Moorwood
Gordon Willoughby Medal: Matt Orford
Lifetime Achievement Award: Kerry Sibraa

Afamasaga and Morewood picked up the NSw cup awards.  No wonder we are going to the sunshine coast next year.

Sea Eagles best and fairest:Glenn Stewart
Sea Eagles Players Player:Brent Kite

Can't argue with that. For mine this was the 1-2 order of motm in the GF too.

I like how Williams got Rookie of the year, we only had him and Robson debut :)

Robson got his own special award - I'm too generous this week to say what that is. We know, he knows & the club knows. Hope he can turn it around.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
4 3 1 28 6
4 3 1 22 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4