"Manly push boundaries. Parramatta are disciplined"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
These are the words used by the Great Apologist Annesley to explain why Cummins didn't penalise the Eels once (their two penalties came via Big Brother) yet canned the Sea Eagles nine times.
What an insult to Des Hasler!
It infers Hasler doesn't coach his players to play within the rules. It can't be the players' fault; the majority of them have come from other clubs; some even from the disciplined Parramatta club. One, Keppie, is probably the least disciplined player we have. Gee, hasn't Hasler trained him in evil ways since he's arrived.

And as for the 'media' who are supposed to be quizzing him, where is the question: "But Cummins has a history with lopsided penalty counts against Manly,". (give examples) then ask: "Could there be bias?"
The Great Apologist did say they hadn't reviewed the match penalties yet, but would do so....
Then nothing.
What about asking him: "Will you be releasing these finding to the media or the Manly club?"

Those attending these NRL sessions are toadies. They are bootlickers employed by the NRL who would lose their job if they asked a difficult question.
Anyone know if people like me can go along to these lickspittle events?

I take Annersley’s pressers with a grain of salt due to the fact he’s either throwing a ref under the bus one week or then defending the indefensible the week after,but I tend to slightly agree with him in regards to what he says about Manly.Every week I’m screaming at the tv for players to get off the tackle quicker or get their hands off the ball in the ruck because I sense a penalty/6 again is around the corner.Manly have a long history of stretching the refs patience,goes all the way back to at least Fulton’s coaching days.In the glory days,they could afford to give away penalties due to the quality of the team and the way the game was played/officiated.But todays team isn’t good enough or in my opinion,fit/fast enough to get away with it.I tend to only worry about my own back yard,so I don’t care whether other teams are or aren’t getting penalised as much,I just want Manly to be a lot smarter in those situations.I’d rather the opposition get a quick play the ball than a leg up down field or a repeat set.

We should just put 3 guys in every tackle and then have the last in lightly pull the jumper of the guy he "stacked on" to give the illusion of making an effort, so on and so forth - its what the unpenalised clubs do. Then we need to have our second marker push the first marker left or right to let them know where they are going in defence - never be square at marker and create a 1.8 m perimeter from the play of the ball

The next piece of alchemy is to sprint out of the line every set without being offside to only allow 1.5m to 2.25m of advancement every set

These are the words used by the Great Apologist Annesley to explain why Cummins didn't penalise the Eels once (their two penalties came via Big Brother) yet canned the Sea Eagles nine times.
It infers Hasler doesn't coach his players to play within the rules. It can't be the players' fault; the majority of them have come from other clubs; some even from the disciplined Parramatta club. One, Keppie, is probably the least disciplined player we have. Gee, hasn't Hasler trained him in evil ways since he's arrived.

And as for the 'media' who are supposed to be quizzing him, where is the question: "But Cummins has a history with lopsided penalty counts against Manly,". (give examples) then ask: "Could there be bias?"
The Great Apologist did say they hadn't reviewed the match penalties yet, but would do so....
Then nothing.
What about asking him: "Will you be releasing these finding to the media or the Manly club?"

Those attending these NRL sessions are toadies. They are bootlickers employed by the NRL who would lose their job if they asked a difficult question.
In addition the fact that he put that in the media has now doubled down and allowed refs this week to penalise the living crap out of the team.

So predictable. I'm finding it hard to summon much enthusiasm for the game when I have such grave doubts about integrity. I used to watch 4-5 games a week, that went down to 1, and will likely go to 0. Club member for 13 years and don't think I'll renew - not fair to the club I love, I know, but not going to pay hand over fist to endure a product that just frustrates me.

Annesley has his own ref and bunker issues . I look at how we can be a more efficient team on the field from his comments
We can only progress with accountability and humility to accept the things we can be doing better .
Playing with more composure, self control and more discipline .

Then nothing.

The Eels weren't that disciplined when Nathan Brown was clearly offside when Moses grubbered through and Haumole grounded the ball, yet no penalty, what a surprise, again.

Every club pushes boundaries - including Manly. And Parramatta.

Suggesting that Parramatta do not push boundaries insults the intelligence of everyone, bar Eels supporters.

Unconscious bias and conscious bias both exist; Analsley's comments strongly suggest the latter, and he should be publicly censured by the NRL. Which of course won't happen, as they have their own set of biased agendas, both conscious and unconscious.

I'm sick of Manly being painted as some sort of plot-necessity pantomime villain that only exists in the NRL (according to some, especially certain media) purely to play the 'bad guy' or 'dark side' that their 'pride of the league' needs to be seen to overcome on a weekly basis.

A good versus evil narrative, a soap opera in colored clothes.......all we're missing now is a sitcom laugh track when a Manly player makes a mistake. Boos and hisses when Manly score. "Good for the game", they say. Rugby League's doing great when ____________ (insert the media / NRL's favourite darlings this year, usually Rooster, Bunnies, Eels, Broncos, Storm - now Panfers etc) are winning, they say.

Never Manly. Never, ever Manly.

Looks like we're back to the whole 'rub of the green' discussion again.

It does make me wonder if some players have been reluctant to sign with Manly in the past - or present, often knowing that it's harder to win at Manly - and they want to get winning bonuses, and advance their careers.

Am I suggesting that there may be an organized agenda against our club? Not really.
But I am suggesting that we've not been the 'favorites' with the game's hierarchy since the Super League days, and other clubs have have been periodically given a leg up.

The NRL (and Media, who run the NRL to an extent) do appear to want us - as a punching bag. Suits their narrative.

Like Jake we are refereed differently from some clubs because we have form.

And because we have form we are always bad and the others are always good.

Not my words but you can bet that’s what NRL HQ think !!

I think there is an agenda against Manly. Certainly from some. Other teams clearly use the same tactics and don't get pinged.
Refs control outcomes of the games too many times.
It seems they're trying to create a product where fans are highly entertained by freakish athletic stunts as opposed to a game of footy.
The statement about how, "Fans from every team would have enjoyed that play." is said too often by the commentary.

I think the weekly Annesley wrap just serves to enrage the league community even more. It’s set up in such a way as to position his opinion as gospel, when the reality is that it’s just another opinion, no more or less valid than anyone else’s.

There’s a huge conflict of interest. He will always save face unless it’s an indisputable blunder (a full blow catastrophe), at which point he will hang the referee out to dry. Otherwise, he is safe to just agree to reduce culpability.

He claims that the Tui tackle was a penalty. He didn’t hit Perham high. It was around the shoulders. However Perham dropped like a sack of ****, so Tui’s chest made contact with the head, but that was after the initial contact and is unavoidable due to the laws of physics. Tui is moving forward that quickly, whatever drops from under him is going be brushed by his upper body...it’s not high contact.

Ann E. Sley was always a clueless looking, indeed gormless (and potentially maggot-ridden)…c-nt.
And to make things even worse (if that's possible after Terry's accurate description!) he was a NSW Liberal politician..! :giggle:

So the bloke hasn't reviewed the game & he comes out with sweeping statements like Manly deserve it..
What a total ass lick... The Nrl truly suck big time.
Having just watched Annesley's review he has cherry picked angles & incidents to vindicate the refs. Not one decision was wrong or could be questioned. He totally ignored anything that couldn't be defended or misinterpreted by gobbledegook...

I see penalties at times are earned by teams more so who show urgency, as an example I often see Manly players not showing enough urgency to play the ball and in fact, look sluggish to get to feet and play it....I think recently Tui, Koula, Garrick and Tom have really lifted in this area and the frustrating thing, the refs have maybe blown 1 or 2 penalties to Manly where there could have been another 30....it's the consistent 1 sided decisions that seem to be awarded to the opposition and let's be real, there's some dumb penalties Keppie, Jake and Marty give away that are obvious and hard to bitch about, but why none back the other way, I mean it's a little coincidental these opposition sides who have their own problem players, who give away penalties for fun, suddenly become perfect when they play against Manly ?
Just 1 last rant....when we do get a penalty or 6 again call, it's always early in the tackle count, whereas the opposition like Eels Friday seem to get them tackle 5 or 6 at the most opportunist moments and critical times.
I love my footy, but must confess I love it a little less after games like Friday, not a fan of excuses and realise Manly are far from perfect in many factors including discipline, but I think it's fair to say the other 15 teams are far from perfect also, yet against Manly it's so 1 sided and when Manly are beaten by the better team which is basically any Top 4 side the past few years....I can wear it.
But to lose to the officials, is the most frustrating thing to cop and pretty over it, don't want favours, just a fair chop.

Having just watched Annesley's review he has cherry picked angles & incidents to vindicate the refs. Not one decision was wrong or could be questioned. He totally ignored anything that couldn't be defended or misinterpreted by gobbledegook...
that's right its carefully crafted spin ,only ask the questions you know the answer to and only show the angles that seemingly prove your point .Its media politics 101 and cynically delivered by this light weight lacky, NRL lick spittle ,PVL T-bagger and arse licker, and failed politician

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4