Manly push for WCC to be played in Middle East

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You would only considering taking it there if the dollars on offer was just too good to ignore, otherwise it should be a game for the fans and the Middle East isn't the best place to go on a bender celebrating.

Always happy to try some new head wear :p...

Desktop3.jpg

Brookie4eva said:
wombatgc said:
Always happy to try some new head wear :p...

Desktop3.jpg

Isn't he the Doggies version of Crusher that Des will be working with in 2013 :D :D :D
Yes mate i think you are right . This guy is currently the development and recruitng officer for the lebanise national team, and greenberg has been so impressed with him that he signed him in 2013 as Noel Cleal will remain with the Eagles .

ManlyBacker said:
ON THE day the NRL confirmed the annual World Club Challenge will be played in England next February, Manly chairman Scott Penn revealed his vision to take the game to the Middle East.

Read the full article
The problem i have of playing a game in the Middle East is , the penalty for a player stealing the ball in a tackle is that he gets his arm cut off .:p

Well seeing as thought Qatar bought the Soccer World Cup from Fifa (for an undisclosed amount) I can see why the NRL would think they can get rich out of them too. I'm sure the wives are pretty excited themselves.

Why don't we play it in Afghanistan? The winner can play the Talibin.

Sounds stupid, doest it?

About as stupid as Mr Penn's freeken idea, Manly will be the laughing stock of the media and other fans with this idea, like we need it...FFS.

We should not be going anywhere near the Middle East is the present climate ,GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRR, I want my team to come home in on piece after the WCC, not in body bags!!!!

Earnie the Eagle said:

Sounds stupid, doest it?

About as stupid as Mr Penn's freeken idea, Manly will be the laughing stock of the media and other fans with this idea, like we need it...FFS.

We should not be going anywhere near the Middle East is the present climate ,GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRR, I want my team to come home in on piece after the WCC, not in body bags!!!!

I really hope you aren't that delusional.

Earnie the Eagle said:

Sounds stupid, doest it?

Very ignorant comments. UAE and Dubai are probably one of the safest places on Earth. Their athourities do not cop any crap. Afghanistan is another story altogether but I understand your sarcasm.

If Manly make an extra $100k minimum out of it, what is the difference between Dubai and Leeds. We need to be looking at other avenues to make money for the club. UAE will never be strong League city. I am sure they hold a 7's rugby tournament that is very successful. But if it is enticing in regards to money for Manly, I say go for it.

Dubai has a lot of ex pats as well. I was offered a job over there years ago. Plenty of money and very very very safe. They have worked hard to make it a desirable and safe place

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2