Manly recruit Tony Williams could fill Steve Menzies vacancy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly recruit Tony Williams could fill Steve Menzies vacancy

| October 10, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24472560-5006066,00.html

PREMIERSHIP-winning Manly coach Des Hasler last night predicted new recruit Tony Williams could fill the sizeable vacancy left by the club's departing champion, Steve Menzies.

Hasler said Williams, a winger at Parramatta, could also play centre, back-rower or come off the bench next year - similar to Menzies.

Williams walked out on the Eels and could now become a sensation at Brookvale.

"He has that X-factor and has so much potential," Hasler said.

"Tony can off-load and will be a real impact player. I reckon he can turn a match.

"He has versatility. That will benefit the side."

Williams said he was ready and willing to replace new Bradford Bulls forward Menzies.

"It's a good opportunity for me, to play where I want to play," Williams said.

Former Norths centre Kelly Egan is favourite to become Manly's new assistant coach.

The current assistant, Dennis Moore, has returned home to become director of coaching with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, Manly's feeder club, who will play in the Queensland Cup next season.

Je certainly has the potential. The word is that he is lazy but I am sure a few runs up the Narrabeen sands by Des will sort that out. Personally I would like to see him move to the centres to replace Bell and he would be a handful to stop at speed.

Kelly Egan???????????????????

I thought we got rid of all those North Sydney losers

it sounds like he is too big for his shoes... Every article i have read seems to have the 'i'm too good for this' attitude from him, he is coming to the side that just won the premieship and he is saying that it is a good that he can play where he wants??>!!?!?!? sorry mate you will play hooker if des thinks its best for the team.

Can he tackle?

He's a worry in the lazy, Parra sooky style.  Anyway if he doesn't step up he won't last.  Confusion reins about this new feeder club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4