Manly relishing premiership snub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
IT seems to happen every NRL season - and Manly wouldn’t have it any other way.

Despite reaching last year’s grand final, the Sea Eagles are attracting very little interest among punters and media this season - a snub the club relishes.

Read More

IT seems to happen every NRL season - and Manly wouldn’t have it any other way.

Despite reaching last year’s grand final, the Sea Eagles are attracting very little interest among punters and media this season - a snub the club relishes.

Told Manly weren’t being discussed as premiership contenders by the media, fullback Brett Stewart said: “When have they ever?

“I enjoy it actually. They will probably write us off again this year and say we are too old and whatever.

“This team thrives on that stuff.’’

Five-eighth Kieran Foran added: “I don’t think we look into it too much anymore to be honest.

“We know the capabilities of this side. We know what we’ve got in terms of depth.

“We are pretty happy with where we are at the moment. We are hungry again.’’

Manly coach Geoff Toovey said his side had set our clear targets for season 2014.

“There is always pressure on those clubs that have performed the year before,’’ he said.

“We are no different. We have our targets set high and hopefully we can achieve those targets.

“There are a few nerves about the season but we are excited about it kicking off.’’

Manly has two players unavailable for Melbourne on Saturday night through injury - prop Jason King and winger Jorge Taufua.

Toovey said winger David Williams was in doubt but Williams said he would play.

“I should be right,’’ Williams said.

Dean Ritchie

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-relishing-premiership-snub-amoung-punters-and-media/story-fni3gnk1-1226844031731

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/03/snake_rubbishes_claims_of_ageing_roster_.html

Watch Snake flip off the Reporter when he is asked 'Is too old, insulting for you guys?' 0:44 :p

Too busy jerking each other off about how "THIS WILL BE THE YEAR FOR SOUTHS."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8