Manly Sea Eagles have approached Nathan Brown about an assistant coach’s role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
DEAN RITCHIE
The Daily Telegraph
October 21, 2014 12:00AM

SUPER League premiership-winning coach Nathan Brown has been sounded out by Manly.

Brown quit Saints just days before his side defeated Wigan in the English decider at Old Trafford last week.

The Daily Telegraph understands Manly has made a tentative approach about luring Brown to Brookvale as Geoff Toovey’s assistant.

Brown’s stocks rose considerably after St Helens’ title win in England.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-have-approached-nathan-brown-about-an-assistant-coachs-role/story-fni3gnk1-1227096472382

ManlyArmy said:
Oh great, now after the completion of next season, everyone will want a release to the Dragoooons.

Lol...but that's a valid thought.

We have had a habit of getting assistant coaches to further their careers so it would be a good gig for him.

As to how many players, cheer girls , ball boys he will take with him.....who knows !!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

After a season, he'll run off to another club for a head coach role, and will use our techniques to better another club, AGAIN.

Yeah best to use someone from within that is patient to stay the 5-10 years to learn under Tooves and the rest of the coaching staff to one day take over when Tooves decides to stand down.

Cliffy said:
Now I know our board does have major issues. We are talking to Nathan Brown about Coaching. Wow. Now I can.see.why.Willows job is safe. Bozo helppppppppppp.

Too right, who in their right mind would want to recruit the coach of the reigning ESL premiers to their coaching staff. Clearly he has NFI how to coach. Coaching in the ESL simply won't translate to success in the NRL, just ask Michael Maguire and Trent Robinson.

I think you may be right, our Board really do have major issues!!!!

Cliffy said:
Now I know our board does have major issues. We are talking to Nathan Brown about Coaching. Wow. Now I can.see.why.Willows job is safe. Bozo helppppppppppp.

I would agree with you if it was still 2003.

MadMarcus said:
Cliffy said:

Some of our players need a good slapping for their attitude this year...

Vyssini said:
MadMarcus said:
Cliffy said:

First job slap the board

Give him a go, some guys coach too early, and do a bad job coaching their former team mates. Now he's 40 odd he'd be better, no longer one of the boys.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Vyssini said:
MadMarcus said:
Cliffy said:

First job slap the board

And then slap watmnough

I think signing Nathan Brown would be a huge boost, even if it was for just one season. Every negative poster is basing their opinion on the Nathan Brown coaching St George. He is now a very very different coach who has matured and grown into a very astute coach.

A big yes from me.

You always want the best person available. He has a fair few years first grade experience.the ESL is becoming a good place to poach talent and he is up with that side of the globe. We would be lucky to get him IMO. And from all reports he is a good bloke. A big yes from me

Is Joey back next year? I got the impression that the entire assistant coaching ranks was up for renewal.

My gut feeling is yes, If Tooves wants him and they can work together then I'm in favour. Getting coaching staff is at best a year to year proposition. If we get one good year old of him then that is gold.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4