Manly Sea Eagles players and officials investigated over missing mobile phones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagles-players-and-officials-investigated-over-missing-mobile-phones-20141007-10rcjq.html

Seriously? WTF?

Aahhh the off season. 6 years ago really? Love how the story gets away from the phones and into all the disharmony at the club.

Oh you are ****ing kidding........

Surely ruining our season wasn't enough for you bastards?

There should be total media ban set up Manly next year. If only they could.

NYEagle

This seems a bit far fetched. Surely the Manly players and officials would have enough cash to just buy mobile phones. Are they that strapped for cash! And they wouldn't be dumb enough to knowingly accept stolen goods.

dowdz said:
Aahhh the off season. 6 years ago really? Love how the story gets away from the phones and into all the disharmony at the club.

Correct. What the hell does the last 3 paragraphs have to do with the supposed stolen mobile phones Proszenko? I'll tell you, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so why even bring it up? You are as bad as the News Ltd hacks and this type of story is something that I would have expected from them to drag the Manly brand through the mud first before the Fairfax press jumped on the bandwagon.

Surely, surely there is some hope that it might just centre around one official who may have alleged prior history with a fridge and who then, with a bit of luck, might end up in the big house, well away from the club.

C'mon, a kid can dream!!

So police have formed a task force to investigate a 100 missing phones?

The worst thing about this article is that is he actually says the club probably has nothing to do with it but it gets buried under so much crap that blink and you'll miss it.

We get this garbage and the Telecrap is spewing on about how Souths are now the model franchise. Give me a break. Their "35,000" members will all piss off as soon as their performance slips.

Haha wouldn't it be funny if it was a fat ex media manager a ex coach & a ex recruitment officer that accepted the phones and gave them out

Absolutely disgusting journalism. Manly people are only witnesses 'at this stage' - but let's quote all the NRL rules that can see people chucked out of the game if they've done something wrong. Let's talk about rumours about Manly strife.

Implies Manly folk have done something wrong. Could probably be sued for that effort.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Haha wouldn't it be funny if it was a fat ex media manager a ex coach & a ex recruitment officer that accepted the phones and gave them out

I blame Crazy John.

Complete speculation on my part, but it's likely that a small club sponsor provided the phones and they may not have known themselves that they were stolen.

This is a nuffie story intended to do nothing but throw more mud at our great club.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Surely, surely there is some hope that it might just centre around one official who may have alleged prior history with a fridge and who then, with a bit of luck, might end up in the big house, well away from the club.

C'mon, a kid can dream!!

My mail is you are bang on the money. He will be named in the next few days. He might be making a few cold calls right now?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6