Manly Sea Eagles soar thanks to strong club culture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair des did recruit 2 of the three players mentioned....as well as retain beaver

It has nothing to do with the current and previous coach, it's been Manly's culture for decades when we were labelled and hated as poachers for buying the best players. It started the "Manly versus the rest" and as a result the "under siege culture" began.

You either love Manly or hate them as this cannot be replicated by any other team. I don't think I can remember anyone who's not a Manly supporter say that their "2nd favourite team" is Manly.

Yeah, agreed. Manlys culture is a deep loyal culture that ingrains itself into players.

It is passed on down through the years. Just look at Fozs resigining.

While there is alot of players out there who bag on Manly, i think there would be quite a few who would love to be playing on the Maroon and White.

Brissie Kid said:
Sure give Hasler the credit as he deserves it, but this is only half the story Mr Ikin. The restoring of Manly's heart came via three men.

STEVE MENZIES.

BEN KENNEDY.

JAMIE LYON.

I would add
Brent Kite and Monaghan to that list.
Monas was the signing that gave us the direction to go from being also rans to finals contenders.

Des was smart enough to realise he wasn't the man to take us to the next step and purchased accordingly.

The Ox is sometimes unfairly maligned but don't discount his influence as well. Played injured quite a lot, as I understand it, and as tough as they come. (Yeah I know, the goal-line drop-outs, but I'm talking about culture!)

A lot of our culture I think comes from the greatest Sea Eagle Bob Fulton. Both Des and Toovs played most of their career under Bozo when he was coach, and you can see his influence on the way the side has played since Des and then Tooves were coaching the side.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Manly is way way bigger than Hasler.Arthurson,Stanton ,Bozo , Eadie,Randall,Krilich , Kennedy,Menzies were the influences in my lifetime to inspire my love for this club. I have never lived anywhere near Manly but I have loved this team for 40yrs. Hasler has come and gone and the club has not missed a beat. We were one game short of the GF last year despite what Hasler tried to destroy. The players play for Manly and rarely want to leave.I have no doubt Hasler would have torn this team apart if he could get his hands on our players once he became a dirty dog.Hasler was loyal to Brett Stewart but for what reason?Was it for his own benefit or the club's benefit to have us hated by all? we love and support Manly as do the players that's why Brett hung in last year until a agreement with the club was done rather than going to St George. Another thing that has me pissed is Hasler closing the door on re signing Beaver Menzies way to soon in his career. Our club could have had the player with the most NRL games ever.Maybe another potential immortal.

I'm unashamed to admit calling radio talkback at every opportunity in the Northern Eagles years to add to the negativity against the merger.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2