Manly Sea Eagles sprint coach Clayton Kearney the latest to quit the NRL premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BEWILDERED Manly players returned to training yesterday attempting to forget a horror seven weeks - but the bleeding just won't stop.

The Sea Eagles' successful sprint coach, Clayton Kearney, is the latest to quit the premiers and join former coach Des Hasler at Canterbury.It is another blow to the club still reeling from the defection of Hasler, Noel Cleal and Kelly Egan to the Belmore club.

"Clayton's arrival gives us another layer of expertise in our physical preparations," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

Manly players were yesterday trying to move on after a tumultuous off-season.

Sea Eagles stars were back at the club's Narrabeen headquarters, some having a light run on the training field, others working in the gym, having a swim and being tested by medical staff.

While usually detesting off-season training, players were almost pleased to return yesterday to discuss, digest and understand one of the most turbulent periods in Manly's 64-year history.
It was strange though for players to arrive at the Sydney Academy of Sports complex and not be greeted by Hasler, Cleal, Egan and Peter Peters.

Among the players at training yesterday under new coach Geoff Toovey were Jamie Lyon, Brent Kite, Jamie Buhrer, Joe Galuvao, Glenn Stewart, Steve Matai, Shane Rodney and Darcy Lussick. Other players return today.

Galuvao tweeted: "Drove into Narrabeen, sweaty palms, sickly stomach, rattled brain."

Aware of the punishing training schedule ahead of him, Lussick also used social media to say: "I hate you pre-season. So much."

As he has since taking over from Hasler, Toovey was calm and measured yesterday as he told The Daily Telegraph of his immediate plans.

"I wouldn't say it's a new era but it is exciting. Things need to settle down," Toovey said. "We have a great playing roster, we are looking forward to the first ball being kicked off for next season.

"It's been very busy and we are trying to organise a lot of areas. We are getting on with life.

"It may take some time but it will happen. We're working our way through things."

Manly are expected to hold their first full field session under Toovey on Friday.

"We want to get a sweat up," Toovey said. "We just want to get back in and start holding the footy again. Catching and passing - nothing too technical at this time. That will come closer to the season. Everyone is super keen to get started and excited about the World Club Challenge (in February against Leeds)."

And the WCC is presenting Toovey with his first dilemma. Rookie COO David Perry wants a warm-up match against St Helens purely to raise revenue. However, players do not want to be away from home for 2 1/2 weeks before opening the season with five games away from Brookvale Oval, the first in Auckland.

Toovey has the players' welfare in mind, saying: "I don't know yet (whether Manly will play a preliminary game against St Helens) - it is still up in the air."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-sprint-coach-clayton-kearney-the-latest-to-quit-the-nrl-premiers/story-e6frexnr-1226201877361[/b]

Is he the only sprint coach in Australia? I would have thought that this position was easily replaceable?
Sprint coach? FFS we are not the quickest team in the competition by a long shot!!

Sheikheagle said:
Moondog said:
Piss off then.

Another article from Dean Dirtbag, no surprise there.

Totally agree Moondog and this guy is supposed to be an out and out Eagles supporter.

All of these so-called Manly supporters, huh? Reminds me of Michael Slater ditching us in the bad old days of 99-03 and changing to the Roosters when they were successful. He soon got back on the bandwagon.

So Dean Ritchie thinks Shane Rodney is back at training for Manly?

Edit : just read the other thread about Rodney still training with Manly.

Sprint coach , big deal and who cares, good riddance , We are going to play Leeds for the World Club Challenge and all the defectors can go and play with themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moops said:
Is he the only sprint coach in Australia? I would have thought that this position was easily replaceable?
Sprint coach? FFS we are not the quickest team in the competition by a long shot!!

did a google search for sprint coach
About 61,100,000 results
then Pages from Australia
About 226,000 results
Sydney
About 130,000 results

Hope the Players get fired up big time with the weekly whiteanting of Manly!

The last coach continues to dismiss their contribution by his reliance on the non Playing Staff. And deliberately disrupting 2v's ascendancy :( A dog act in every sense!

Success is the best revenge :p
2v 2victory :angel:

Apparently the kid who puts in the corner posts has gone to work for the dogs too, well they can bloody have him.
How are we going to teach the players to run now?

ON your marks, get set....Go!!

"run faster ya lazy buggers!!!"

Look, I'm a sprint coach.

Did you like the piece in the MD where Das Hesler apparently rang 2V to offer him any assistance in preparing for next year? Behind the polite facade, I'm sure 2V would have replied along the lines of -"Thanks Des, but I'm fine."

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6