Manly Sea Eeagles coach Des Hasler could be sacked tonight as Bulldogs target Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly Sea Eeagles coach Des Hasler could be sacked tonight as Bulldogs target young star Kieran Foran

THE crisis continues. Des Hasler could be sacked as early as tonight amid news that superstar five-eighth Kieran Foran is the next Sea Eagle poised to defect to Canterbury.

The Bulldogs will target Foran for 2013 - the same season current Canterbury five-eighth Kris Keating comes off contract.

And it can also be revealed that Foran's family want him to play his entire career under Hasler. Foran has a get-out clause at Manly should Hasler leave but intends to remain at Brookvale next season before deciding his long-term future.

But it's understood that the board could end Hasler's contract at a meeting tonight.

Hasler and incoming coach Geoff Toovey are thought to have fallen out over Foran's possible move to the Bulldogs.

Board members are also furious that Hasler has banned them from travelling with and staying in the team hotel for next year's World Club Challenge in the UK.

Already the Bulldogs have held top-level internal discussions about Foran.

With additional money through the NRL broadcasting deal in 2013, Canterbury will spend $1.8 million on him.

It's the latest blow to the premiers, who have already lost several staff members, including scouting director Noel Cleal. In more bad news for the club yesterday:

RISING forward Darcy Lussick has been linked to several clubs, including Parramatta.

EXPERT video analyst, Will Badel, a key contributor in Manly's premiership win and also used by Ricky Stuart in State of Origin this year, appears ready to leave Manly. Several clubs are chasing Badel, including the Dogs.

Even if sacked by Manly before the start of next season, it's unlikely Hasler would coach Canterbury in 2012.

Hasler would allow Jim Dymock to coach but shift to Belmore in a consultancy and advisory role before taking over the top job in 2013.

Foran, 21, is in England representing New Zealand at halfback in the Four Nations.

This year, Foran and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans combined to shock rugby league by manoeuvring Manly to the NRL title.

Manly's off-season has been terrible since the board's bumbling negotiations with Hasler and COO David Perry terminating 40-year Manly man Peters.

Fans are filthy at Bob Reilly, the Leagues Club and football club chairman who holds the balance of power, over the on-going bungles. Reilly has been under intense pressure to stand down but is ignoring calls from diehard fans.

Perry has presided over a disaster since he took over with players and some coaching staff refusing to speak with him. Should Foran leave, he would reunite with former Sea Eagle Trent Hodkinson at the Canterbury scrum base.

There were also rumours yesterday that Brett Stewart, who also has a get-out clause, could leave Manly but Canterbury has not discussed the former Test fullback.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eeagles-coach-des-hasler-could-be-sacked-tonight-as-bulldogs-target-young-star-kieran-foran/story-e6frexnr-1226189466307

Questions really need to be asked here as to why players are wanting to jump ship, if indeed the coaching situation is somewhat sorted. Given that Toovey seems the likely man to take over, it begs the question why players are trying to get out of Manly, unless the problem is more than just the board and the coaches.

I'm starting to wonder if Manly are really struggling financially.

MrInvisible said:
Questions really need to be asked here as to why players are wanting to jump ship, if indeed the coaching situation is somewhat sorted. Given that Toovey seems the likely man to take over, it begs the question why players are trying to get out of Manly, unless the problem is more than just the board and the coaches.

The players loyal to the club want to play for toovs, but then there seems to be players who are loyal to one man. Its as if des didnt get what he wanted so he left. He is now causing havok for the club and tearing it to shreds. Perhaps it was problems with the board (most probably and it needs to be sorted asap)that set things in motion. But in saying that des needs to not forget about us, the fans. In his war with the board he is breaking our god damned hearts. I just wish he could've left a lot quieter and not destroy stuff along the way.

That being said I think the toovey era will thrive. Hopefully foz stays and wants to dominate for years to come with his partnership with cherry rather than his previous mediocre partnership with dogkinson. Hopefully he brain kicks in and realises playing with des doesnt automatically count as another premiership. the 2011 premiers playing roster can, and that goes along with any other player thats thinking of following des.

And MrInvisible - i'm assuming you're the one from the kennel?

our leagues club doesn't thrive off problem gambling, but in saying that our current ceo was hired to bring more sponsors to the club and he hs brought kaspersky and once this entire fiasco is done and dusted, hopefully we can put some more money in the bank.

You should have quoted the only important part CE (and probably the only part that is true):

Exclusive by Dean Ritchie and Paul Kent The Daily Telegraph November 09, 2011 12:00AM

DES Hasler made a decision to stay at Manly for another 12 months because the senior players, led by grand final heroes Brett and Glenn Stewart, asked him not to leave.

His job is now untenable and the decision should be reversed immediately.

Manly chairman Scott Penn needs to step up this morning, show the strong leadership that has been missing in recent times, and put Geoff Toovey in charge of next year's campaign. Today's news that Kieran Foran, the man being groomed as a future Manly skipper, is likely to join the Bulldogs is surely the final blow.

Already Noel "Crusher" Cleal (recruitment manager), Kelly Egan (assistant coach) and Jessica Ivers (digital manager) have signed at Canterbury.

Others, Peters Peters (media), Alicia Keogh (events and operations manager), Kieran Houlahan (sponsorship) and Will Badel (video and statistics) have left or are about to go.

I have never seen a club disintegrate as quickly and become such a rabble just weeks after winning a premiership.

Manly fans didn't even get the chance to enjoy and celebrate a richly deserved title and grand final victory over the Warriors.

It's been almost a daily fiasco ever since.

The club is in an absolute shambles and the fans have had enough.

Here is an example from our website yesterday.

Jake: "Every Manly supporter I speak to says 'how can Dessie ask the players to commit when he and most of his staff are leaving?' It doesn't make sense."

Mark: "This is an absolute joke! Des is ripping the heart out of the club that made him who he is today."

Mike: "As far as I'm concerned, those wanting to walk out on the club should be told to clean out their locker today and not come back."

Bernie: "Dessie, hang your head in shame for what you have done. Board members, hang your damn heads lower for what you caused. I am one disgusted and disgruntled fan."

Five weeks ago Hasler was the hero of these same fans and the entire northern peninsula. He had steered the Eagles to three grand finals and two premierships in five years.

This is not a criticism of Hasler.

He was fully entitled to sign with the Bulldogs because the Manly board didn't want to extend his contract when they sat down for talks earlier in the season.

But this drama can continue for no longer.

The football club administration and the board originally bowed to the players' wishes to keep Hasler at the helm because they couldn't afford a revolt on top of members' anger and fans' outrage.

Only rugby league accepts this outrageous activity as the norm. In any other business, Hasler would have been shown the door from the day he decided to leave Brookvale.

It's not Hasler's fault that he's a popular and proven leader and that almost his entire staff want to join him at Canterbury.

But it's the Manly board's fault if it sits back and takes no action, knowing full well there is nothing to be achieved by keeping Hasler as head coach.

Geoff Toovey should be put in charge before the club goes from its current disarray to ruin.

He needs to bring in local legends Cliff Lyons and Steve Menzies to work on his coaching and recruitment staff to replace those heading to Belmore.

It's the only way to stabilise a club in crisis.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daily-telegraph-sports-editor-at-large-says-manly-sea-eagles-nrl-coach-des-hasler-cant-remain-at-club/story-e6frexnr-1226189520349

Does all the "Manly must immediately sack Des" stuff in the Daily Telegraph mean that it has the full backing of one Zorba? They have been his consistent spokesperson since he left.

Typical news limited stirring, wow they get off big time spreading this tripe. I stopped buying the telecrap a while back as they continue to nakedly slander our great club.

I think its obvious that Manly need to end the pain, let Des go now and invite any other players or officials who want to go as well. This daily doom and gloom news is just upsetting the fans more and more.

Our board has to get its act together pronto. This farce they have presided over has ruined a grand final celebration for all of us.

I feel for Tooves cause hes been put in a difficult position and I wish him all the best.

Des's vindictivness is really coming out here, if there is any truth about Foran going to the dogs, his legacy will forever be tarnished in the fans eyes if its not already.

Time for the board to be decisve, Hasler MUST go!!! pronto and give Tooves a chance to stablise things, life will go on and we will be strong again.

The biggest load of tripe in the article is the stuff about Reilly. Noone is asking for his head anymore. Hasler is the new Judas.

is this nightmare ever going to end. Where,s Bozo and Arko now, who backed him so much,is this what you wanted Hasler to do,rip the heart out of the club,and where are all the other Manly legends,why is everyone so quiet,cant the player,s see what Hasler is really like now,doing all this

The best quote is this one
"THE crisis continues. Des Hasler could be sacked as early as tonight amid news that superstar five-eighth Kieran Foran is the next Sea Eagle poised to defect to Canterbury.

The Bulldogs will target Foran for 2013 - the same season current Canterbury five-eighth Kris Keating comes off contract. "

A lot of things COULD happen..... Every club in the league will target foran. It is just the dogs have a little inside running, and one of those clubs willing to sign a contract a year out. Eagles aren't that fond of contracts... IMO dce had a better year than Foran, but the second year will be decisive. Having said that, Forans leadership cant be questioned. I would like them both to stay.

MrInvisible said:

Mate I cant read anywhere in that article where players are wanting to jump ship its news limited hack reporters writing up the super league scum team the bulldog.

I'm not worried untill anything actually happens, the telecrap have had an awful strikerate of late when they come out with their "exclusives". I'm not surprised to see the stuff about Foran posted in there, people were feading the rumor to Dean Ritchie on twitter all week.

This article has cheered me up no end. Dean Ritchie seems to have a knack of getting it consistently wrong. I'd be much more worried if he came out and said all the players were re-signing with Manly.

If Foran wants to go then he can go.
Riccardi had better stats then Foran in 20s in his final season there.

I just hope someone from the club has been talking to senior players about all this and don't shock them when they read it in the paper that des is gone. If the majority see the point in letting Des go now then so be it. Any who wish to leave can go for sure.

We came from a worse place after the bears infested our club and will win the comp again before the dogs will anyway.

let them go.... id rather support Manly coming last than the Bulldogs any day of the year........Hasler and Cleal and anyone that goes with them will forever be remebered for their disloyalty moreso than anything else.... its the legacy they leave, thier necks. good riddance.

Just a personal opinion but if it gets down to having to make a choice I would rather the club retain Cherry Evans and Lussick than Foran.
I thought CE had an excellent first year and really enjoy the style of play he brings to the club, he reminds me of a cross between Cliffy and Gibbsy two of my favourite players.

Normally i would say business is business and expect players and staff to honour their contracts, but I see this as a watershed moment for the club so anybody who's heart is not in staying should do the honourable thing and walk.

If Hasler wants to stay let him but give him Tooveys role as the water boy since he loves the players so much he can be on the field with them, and if he don't like it he can quit

It pains me to say this but Foran can go right now for all i care! The same applies for any other player who is not committed to wearing our mighty colours. If the Stewie Bros want to leave as well, pack your bags now fellas!! I just hope Brett remembers the support he received from the majority of our fans when we all knew he was innocent, but every other man and their dog would lead you to believe he was guilty.
The club history and loyal supporters are what makes a club - not a coach and a few players!

Dan79 said:
The Bulldogs will target Foran for 2013 - the same season current Canterbury five-eighth Kris Keating comes off contract. "

A lot of things COULD happen..... Every club in the league will target foran. It is just the dogs have a little inside running, and one of those clubs willing to sign a contract a year out. Eagles aren't that fond of contracts...
This

Any club that needs a 5/8th will target Foran and with a larger salary cap in 2013 bidding will be fierce.

Problem with Foz is that he could be the highest paid player at most clubs but at Manly with the spread of talent he would be on or around the same coin as Killer, Snake, Choc, Gift and perhaps now DCE.

Up to Tooves and Manly to convince him to stay.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7