Manly set to reap $2 million following 2008 premiership win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly set to reap $2 million following 2008 premiership win

By Dean Ritchie | October 08, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24462615-5006066,00.html

MANLY will reap a $2 million financial boon from winning this year's NRL premiership in record-breaking style.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Sea Eagles will attract a new major sponsor, increased corporate sponsorship, additional club membership, a sharp spike in merchandise sales and a new one-off sponsor for their two-game tour of England next year, which will include the World Club Challenge.

Manly are now seeking $1 million a season for their major sponsorship - a realistic figure after winning the high-profile NRL premiership.
Click here to purchase great photos from the NRL grand final

Since Sunday's win over Melbourne, Manly have sold an unprecedented amount of hats, T-shirts, jumpers, flags and footballs.
Related Links

Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer could not place a figure on how much the premiership would net the club but insiders say it would be close to $2 million.

"It's too early to put a price on it and we wouldn't know the final figure until some time next year," Mayer said.

"Our merchandise shop at Manly Leagues Club has been hammered but we can't get too carried away - T-shirt sales alone won't keep the club afloat.

"There is still work to be done and we are yet to secure a major sponsor.

"We're very confident we will have one soon, given our exposure value has increased.

"The redevelopment of Brookvale Oval is just around the corner so these are exciting times for the club and there is an opportunity for people to get involved."

Manly are considering playing in a commemorative jumper sponsored by Sunshine Coast Tourism for the WCC match against Leeds in February and a warm-up game, possibly against London Harlequins.

"Ideally we would like to promote Sydney in the UK and I'm sure I will speak with Tourism NSW shortly," Mayer said.

"But if we secure a major sponsor in the meantime, then that deal may be difficult to commit to."

Jeez things seem to be coming together, in the current environment it will be  hard to attract corporate sponsorship.

Well done Grant Mayer!!!!!!!!

I wonder if MNF will come back here on bended knee with an apology

This week I spent $109 on my brother-in-law on the Gold Coast and I am still to do some serious shopping for me. The merchandise numbers will be huge.

Yep, I will giving the credit card a work out.  Already ordered the TShirt & DVD on MSE.

As some of yous may remember i had a 07 home jersey knocked off a little while back, I brought a 08 home jersey, and a dark blue training shirt before the GF which are comfortable to wear. I also brought two Premiers T-Shirts in white i couldn't get the Maroon ones in my size yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2