Manly sides V Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Sea Eagles vs Warriors team announcement
30/03/2010 2:32:13 PM
Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has named an almost identical squad to last week's team.

Ben Farrar will fill in again at fullback and Chris Bailey could make a return this week after injuring his hand two weeks ago.

NRL:

1 Ben Farrar
2 Michael Robertson
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Tony Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Trent Hodkinson
8 Jason King (c)
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Shane Rodney
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Joe Galuvao
15 Brent Kite
16 Matt Cross
17 Chris Bailey
18 Terence Seu Seu
19 Vic Mauro

Coach Des Hasler

Toyota Cup:

1 William Hopoate
2 David Sheehan
3 Blake Davey
4 Josh Portlock
5 Michael Oldfield
6 Scott Blanch
7 Gary Riccardi
8 James Cunningham
9 Liam Higgins (c)
10 Lama Tasi
11 Mitchell Jowett
12 Magnus Stromquist
13 Joseph Hawkins

14 Jason Annear
15 Shaun Vengoa
16 John Lima
17 Birrigan Young
20 Sione Fakahua

Coach David Penna

Is someone under an injury cloud ?? I know the general consensus is to take an 18th man away on road trips in case of last minute injuries, but I see that we have named a six man bench.

If Bailey is fit he'll probably take Georgie Porgie's spot you'd think (not a popular choice around here with some though). Seu Seu to travel as 18th man.

Well Bailey is under the injury cloud which would mean his spot is likely to be replaced, meaning we will probably end up with mauro, hopefully over Seu Seu.

I was going to make a day trip down to the sunny coast as well but dont think it will be worth it with their team now looking so second rate

It's always a glorious day for the mighty Hawks when Vic Mauro plays.

There is indeed only one Vic Mauro.

Ballin must play the full 80.  Des must realize we fade with him off the park.  I just hope someone is giving the guys some catching practice. 

When will Jnr Hoppa get a call up, is he ready to handle first grade. Would love to see him blooded in the firsts at some stage.

Personally I think Ben Farrar is doing a good job at #1 so far.

Why would they say Ben Farrar will fill in again at fullback. He is not 'filling in', he is selected as fullback, he is the fullback. The other one is gone for the year I thought.

I started talking to this bloke who runs one of the local shops where I live (in newwy) and he was tellin me he is really good mates with bailey,talks to him everyday,he told me monday that bailey said he was good to go this week...

It looks like Bailey will be playing as Seu Seu has just been announced on 7 News up here as playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Jethro link said:
It looks like Bailey will be playing as Seu Seu has just been announced on 7 News up here as playing for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Seu Seu set for clash with Tigers

Steve Zemek | 3rd April 2010

SCN_03-04-2010_SPORT_14_3a109.IMG1_t325.jpg

After arriving on the Sunshine Coast yesterday, Terence Seu Seu was still getting a feel for where exactly he was in the world.

Manly’s Terence Seu Seu will play for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles today.
Cade Mooney

After arriving on the Sunshine Coast yesterday, Terence Seu Seu was still getting a feel for where exactly he was in the world.

The Manly contracted hooker will start from the bench for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in their round-four Queensland Cup clash against the Easts Tigers this afternoon.

After arriving at Stockland Park yesterday on his first trip to the region, Seu Seu admitted being wholly unfamiliar with the Coast.

A late inclusion in the Sunshine Coast line-up, Seu Seu, 22, said he had just one thing on his mind – time on the pitch.

The Samoan international representative sat on the sidelines last week as Manly’s 18th man during its 36-12 win over Newcastle.

He said he had come to the Coast with a positive attitude, determined to put his best foot forward and regain his NRL spot.

“I’m just looking to get out there with this bunch of boys and play some good football and get the two points and then go back to Manly,” he said.

Seu Seu has taken the field twice for Manly since signing from the Cronulla Sharks last year.

He said the professionalism of the north shore Sydney club had been an eye-opener but he had been warmly welcomed into the team.

“I thought it’d be real hard to get in with the players, but they were real open,” he said.

“They accepted me in there, they accepted me with open arms.

“They’re a real tight bunch of blokes.”

The Sea Eagles will today also have the services of Manly backrower Vic Mauro, who has been struggling with a bout of tonsillitis this week.

While the Sunshine Coast will be boosted by the NRL-experienced duo of Mauro and Seu Seu, Easts will be without their biggest off-season recruit, Tim Smith.

Smith signed with Cronulla this week and will turn out for the Sharks for their NRL clash with Parramatta today.

While Smith’s departure is sure to leave a gaping hole in the Tigers’ line-up, Seu Seu said he was disappointed at being deprived of the opportunity to go head-to-head with the former NRL Rookie of the Year.

“Tim Smith was (NRL) Rookie of the Year and he would leave a hole in any side that he plays in,” he said. “He is a good player and I do like playing against players like that, to compete against guys like that.”

GAME DAY

SUNSHINE COAST v EASTS

Today, Stockland Park, 2pm

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/04/03/manlys-seu-seu-set-for-clash-with-tigers/

[img=400x225]http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/04/03/1225849/303726-eagles-v-warriors.jpg[/img]

All I want him to do is tackle all day.  If he does that, I'll be happy.  Others can score the points.

Bailey and T Williams have been our early season whipping boys, along with Perry. I don't know why, though Perry hasn't exactly sprinted out of the blocks. I don't mind Bailey at all, he is one of those guys that Des sees playing a vital role in the squad long term. The reasons may not be obvious at first ...  to the casual observer!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6