Manly: Stewart adjusts without brother Glenn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...lenn-as-rabbitoh/story-fnca0von-1227242166866

Brett Stewart can’t get used to seeing brother Glenn as Rabbitoh
  • by: Brent Read
  • February 28, 2015
BRETT Stewart watched the World Club Challenge with mixed emotions. On one hand, there was the pride at watching brother Glenn score the opening try and play well as South Sydney put the cleaners through England champions St Helens.

On the other, there was the sight of seeing Glenn in a Rabbitohs jersey. “I have to be honest, it was unusual seeing him in red and green,” the Manly fullback said.

“I was proud that he scored the first try. After the year he had with injury, just proud to see him play the way he did. It seems to be paying off.

“I know it is only game one, but like I said, I think it is going to be an entree of what he has got to offer for the year.”

When Stewart returned to training late last year, for the first time in a decade there was no sign of his brother. Likewise the retired Jason King and Parramatta-bound Anthony Watmough.

The furniture has changed at Manly. Stewart is one of the few survivors of the squad that won the 2008 grand final. Slowly but surely, others have sought greener pastures or been tackled by father time.

“It was a bit new at the start not seeing their faces, Kingy and Choc (Watmough) and Glenn,” Stewart sad.

“This is my 13th year and just not having their faces around was a bit unusual to start with. Slowly getting used to it.”

While Glenn has settled into Souths, Watmough appears to be savouring his switch to the Eels. Stewart will get an early insight when Manly faces Parramatta in the opening round of the premiership next Friday night, “He seems to be enjoying it out there,” Stewart said.

“Like Gift (Glenn), he looks pretty fit. It's going to be exciting to play him in round one. I don't want to pre-record it through my head. It will be a little bit weird, him being on the opposite side after spending so many years together.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6