Manly still on hunt for prop replacement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly are confident they can still find an eleventh-hour replacement for Richie Fa'aoso before the NRL season starts in a fortnight's time.

The Sea Eagles front row stocks have been decimated in the off-season, with Fa'aoso's unexpected retirement due to an ongoing neck problem the tipping point.

Read More

Manly are confident they can still find an eleventh-hour replacement for Richie Fa'aoso before the NRL season starts in a fortnight's time.

The Sea Eagles front row stocks have been decimated in th
Richie+Fa+Aoso+Manly+Sea+Eagles+Media+Day+9XRU28qdSyil1.jpg
e off-season, with Fa'aoso's unexpected retirement due to an ongoing neck problem the tipping point.

Props Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao, George Rose and David Gower have all departed the peninsula, but Manly were confident of getting by until Fa'aoso's bad news was delivered a couple of weeks ago.

The Sea Eagles are hoping veteran Jason King can overcome two and a half years of injury problems to partner outstanding prospect Brenton Lawrence up front.

But coach Geoff Toovey has confirmed the club are hunting for a last-minute addition to their squad.

"We're working hard to look for the right person. It's difficult at the eleventh hour before the season," he said.

"It's been a blow losing Richie Fa'aoso so late in the pre-season, so that's always going to be difficult replacing someone of his calibre.

"But we're pretty confident we'll find the right person to fill the spot."

Experienced representative campaigner Luke O'Donnell was an excellent late addition to the Sydney Roosters premiership squad last season.

But his management said on Tuesday he remains happily retired after the 33-year-old announced after the grand final he wouldn't pursue options for another season.

Galuvao could be another logical target to come back for a final swansong at the Sea Eagles, but the 16-year NRL workhorse seemed happy to walk away after snapping his achilles at the beginning of last season.

The good news for the Sea Eagles is King is a chance to play round one after repeated shoulder problems.

The co-captain and former NSW prop has missed grand finals in 2011 and last year and is eager to make up for lost time.

"We're hopeful he'll be right for round one," Toovey said.

"He's been unfortunate he's missed the last two grand finals because of injury. He'd like to stay fit for this year and we're pretty confident he's put the hard yards in and touch wood that's what will happen."

By Ben Horne
AAP

http://www.nrl.com/manly-still-on-hunt-for-prop-replacement/tabid/10874/newsid/76382/default.aspx

Quick, someone call Daine Laurie's Manager. He might know a good prop that wants to play. Or Daine even. :p

Has Ray Cashmere gone back to the mines yet ?? When is Danny Wicks out of jail ??

I reckon we should chase someone from Superleague ie Lama Tasi, Eorl Crabtree, Lopini Paea one of those kinds of people

If this story is to be believed - and why would we when most else written about Manly is rubbish - then we have obviously decided our 5-6 new/young props are not up to NRL standard.
Big call when we haven't had one NRL game yet!

I'm in the coaches box tonight for the Capras vs Broncos trial here in Rocky. Can't wait to see big Arlin Paki in action. The Bronco's and Storm a pretty keen on Arlin. I will do my best to direct him south to Manly :D. They will rue the day they let me near the decent Capras players LOL.

http://www.capras.com.au/players/intrust-super-cup/arlin-paki2/

The Who said:
If this story is to be believed - and why would we when most else written about Manly is rubbish - then we have obviously decided our 5-6 new/young props are not up to NRL standard.
Big call when we haven't had one NRL game yet!

Not really, Toovey would have been going into this season with a set number of props in his squad, Fa'aoso being one of them.

With his injury we are a prop short leaving a space open in the squad.

Seems logical that we would be looking for replacement, if one was to become available

@Jethro can post today's Manly Daily article on Kingy - does not sound as if he is fit :s

Kingy may not make the comeback that we require :(

HappilyManly said:
@Jethro can post today's Manly Daily article on Kingy - does not sound as if he is fit :s

Kingy may not make the comeback that we require :(

Done.

Click here to go to the thread.

@HappilyManly

Sorry it took so long to put the article up as it was only on the Manly Daily digital edition and not on the Manly Daily website as a separate stand alone article so I had to to find a way to get the article URL from the digital edition.

Thanks - thats why I couldn't link it, after reading it in the MD.
Kingy sounds like he is just at the start of contact work :s

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4