Manly team v chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. George Rose 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Tim Robinson 17. Vic Mauro

Robinson and mauro ? They must have shown something over the off season I'd start with buhrer in the second row and drop smokin Joe to the bench !

That is identical to the team that Ryan quoted earlier today except Robinson is in for Cross.  

No surprises from Des.

I'm surprised Buhrer is on bench again, he was arguably our best last week and Galuvao didn't ofer a lot. It may be a plan to have Buhrer running around a little later in the hoping to step tired edge defenders. Hopa in the centres seems a smart move given the players available.
I'd prefer Robinson to Cross. Robinson may be a rookie but Cross had nothing last year and doubt he ever will. That being said I've never seen Robinson play, can anyone give me insight into what type of player he is. Is he a 2nd Rower or a Prop?

Copa Eagle link said:
Robinson and mauro ? They must have shown something over the off season I'd start with buhrer in the second row and drop smokin Joe to the bench !

So would I.

yes

Injury Update after Round 1
14/03/2011 1:44:10 PM
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=34295&title=injury-update-after-round-1

Manly skipper Jamie Lyon will miss between two and four weeks with a hamstring injury he received in the first half of last Saturday’s game against the Melbourne Storm in Melbourne.

Scans today confirmed the injury in a body blow to both the player and the club.

“An injury first up after training throughout summer is a bummer but I will be working hard to get back as quickly as I can, “Lyon said.

In a further blow to the club hard working backrower Shane Rodney injured his shoulder in his comeback game in the NSW Cup game at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday and will be out for at least six weeks.

Rodney underwent a knee reconstruction late last season and was testing it out in the NSW Cup game when he dislocated his shoulder.
Coach Des Hasler said losing Lyon and Rodney so early in the season an instant test on the club’s depth.

“With Steve Matai still suspended and Dean Whare recovering from injury we are short on centres at the moment but we will be okay,” Hasler said.

The early worry over utility back Will Hopoate has eased. Hopoate’s shoulder was cleared of serious damage to a shoulder following scans today.
He is considered a possibility of playing against the roosters next Sunday at the SFS.

In further good news David Williams has been cleared to played against the roosters after missing round one with a hamstring injury.

NYC:
Sione Ala
Mark Falaniko
Josh Portlock
Michael McDougall
Patrick Sipley
Taylor Matthews
Josh Drinkwater
Magnus Stromquist (c)
Ajay Vaivaka
Tane Rapira
Haami Kerr
Jason Annear
Jamie Anderson

Nathan Cooper
Samiuela Kei
Kasye Greer
Justin Lemalu
James Clout

NSW Cup:
Scott Blanch
Ben Shorter
Kyle Lodge
Michael Oldfield
Michael Chapman
Liam Foran
Gary Riccardi (c)
Matt Cross
Liam Higgins
James Cunningham
Daniel Harrison
Mitch Jowett
Joseph Hawkins

Alex Taufo
Beau Bovis
Ray Moujali
Junior Palau

Captain of the Gate link said:
I'd prefer Robinson to Cross. Robinson may be a rookie but Cross had nothing last year and doubt he ever will. That being said I've never seen Robinson play, can anyone give me insight into what type of player he is. Is he a 2nd Rower or a Prop?

Robinson is 4 foot tall and 180kg.  He only has 2 fingers on each hand (he cut his other fingers off in a chainsaw accident because his vision isn't that good) so ball handling is not his strong point.  He tends to play whatever position is closest at the time, because he cannot run long distances of more than 25m or so.  Oh, and he had a threesome with the referee's wife and sister last weekend.

Still prefer him over Cross?   :p

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186872.msg323432#msg323432 date=1300164291]

Robinson is 4 foot tall and 180kg.  He only has 2 fingers on each hand (he cut his other fingers off in a chainsaw accident because his vision isn't that good) so ball handling is not his strong point.  He tends to play whatever position is closest at the time, because he cannot run long distances of more than 25m or so.  Oh, and he had a threesome with the referee's wife and sister last weekend.

Still prefer him over Cross?   :p
[/quote]

Is he Watmough's twin brother?

Mauro went ok without setting the world on fire and Des can get good minutes out of Vic so I think that's why he stays in the 17.
Robinson...I'm not sure about him for this particular match. He's no prop and that's what we need. I really would have like to have seen Moujalli on the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2