Manly team v Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
26/08/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles

Steve Menzies will run out on Brookvale Oval for his final home game wearing his beloved number 11 jersey, the number he says is his favourite.  While Anthony Watmough has been named at 6 it is expected that Choc will move into his usual backrow position and Menzies will play at 5/8.  Luke Williamson is unavailable due to injury.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, David Williams, Anthony Watmough, Matt Orford ©, Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Steve Menzies, Glenn Hall, Glenn Stewart
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Jason King.
Coach Des Hasler

WOW, Choc dropped. Did not see that coming at all, heard King was meant to be out another week

EDIt- Nope, i just didn't see him named at 5/8 LOL. Would have to be a typo

That is what i first thought, Des have moved him to 5/8 to pay his penance for being unbale to tackle clsoe to the line................

I hope Jason King has slimmed down 3-4 k/g's, has done some mobility training, and has improved his lateral defense in this week.

He was woeful against The Rabbits. Sandow ran past him like he was an immobile telegraph pole.

Ryan link said:
I hope Jason King has slimmed down 3-4 k/g's, has done some mobility training, and has improved his lateral defense in this week.

He was woeful against The Rabbits. Sandow ran past him like he was an immobile telegraph pole.

Is there any other kind ?  ;D

Choc at 5/8 has to be simply because its menzies last NRL game and to give him his Number 11 he has worn for so many years, i would be very very surprised if choc actually played 5/8 because im sure there are better options eg le snak, cuthbo, ballin, G stewart, menzies.

and for King if he can find his form of pre injury then i have no worries with him in the team. We have a massive bench btw cuthbo, Bryant, King.

I can just see Cartwright now, with his marker pen and whiteboard mapping out a strategy to overcome Choc as our new highly trained defending pivot.

I can see Cartright drawing turnstyles on the field in Watmough and Matai's defending positions!

King has to be back too early he looked over weight slow and poorly disciplined when he played the other week. Added nothing

Cant the payers go on a diet when they are injured rather than returning overweight...........

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=178256.msg194578#msg194578 date=1219732203]

Is there any other kind ?  ;D
[/quote]

hehehehehe ;D

Same old same old.  Just lucky for us Preston is not playing.  He's just the player to zip around outstretched arms and players who rush out of the line.  This game is a worry, as is the next weeks.  Hopefully Penrith will lose again and be buried for this year.

Sea Eagles V Titans
Referee: Jason Robinson
Touch Judges: Chris James, Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Some of you blokes are obsessed with bodyweight and how Kings bodyshape looks. Cuthbo and Glen Stewart don't look as slim as they could be, Josh Perry maybe the same, but that doesn't make them unfit. Kings chickenlegs doesn't help him

Kings fitness is probably not 100% where it has been, but don't place so much importance on bodyweight, sometimes a bit of extra size in the front row can be an advantage, Webcke for example was never a small unit, and there have been plenty of that sort over the years right back to Artie Beetson.

I agree Kiwi Eagle,
You don't get match fitness without playing Matches, and besides
Before King got injured he was the only prop going forward for us.
I'd prefer an unfit King over Bryant, at least he has a go.

Dan link said:
King has to be back too early he looked over weight slow and poorly disciplined when he played the other week. Added nothing

King is being played so he is fit for finals. He wont get the required fitness by playing reggies.

yep, the more games he gets under his belt the better.

lyon must be close now, will no doubt sit another physical jsut before to see whether he plays

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2