Manly thanked for their generosity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Wayne Cousins
Mon 14th December, 08:15PM

image.jpeg

It was a small gesture on Daly Cherry-Evans’ part but one that will last in the memory of two keen Sea Eagles supporters in Coffs Harbour today.

Cherry-Evans and his team-mates, with the assistance of ARL Development Officers, conducted a coaching clinic for local children.

Following the session, Cherry-Evans picked out two young boys who impressed the half-back with their skills as they proudly wore their Sea Eagles colours. He then presented each of the boys with one of his training shoes and personally signed it for them.

Brendon Watson, whose son Ben, received one of the shoes from Cherry-Evans, wrote the following letter to the Club to thank the players for their time.

“We would like to congratulate the Manly Sea Eagles squad for their effort today taking time out from pre-season training in Coffs Harbour to run a coaching clinic for the local juniors,’’ Brendon wrote.

“The players showed so much enthusiasm towards the juniors passing on some great skills that will only help to strengthen junior rugby league in the mid north coast.

“In particular Daly Cherry-Evans and his generosity in giving out his signed boots to two lucky boys. One of whom was my son Ben, already a Manly fan he was very excited to receive the gift from DCE.

“That gesture is greatly appreciated and it reflects very well Daly’s dedication to the sport and the supporters.

“As coach of the Woolgoolga Seahorses Under 7s league team, I know the kids had a great time and enjoyed meeting the players.

“Thanks to DCE for his generosity on what was an excellent afternoon with the Sea Eagles.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/12/14/sea_eagles_thanked_f.html

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4