Manly to be competitive in Nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Wayne Cousins
Tue 19th January, 10:38AM

image.jpeg

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will field a competitive side for the Downer NRL Auckland Nines according to Coach Trent Barrett.

The tournament, worth NZ $2.6 million dollars plus in prize money, will feature all 16 NRL teams at Eden Park on February 6 and 7.

The Sea Eagles have drawn the toughest pool with matches against Canterbury Bulldogs, the Warriors, and the Brisbane Broncos.

Barrett will soon settle on his final playing squad for the Nines.

“I have a fair idea of who I am going to take. We want to try and win everything we go in,’’ Barrett said.

“The Nines is something I am mindful of in terms of the length of the premiership season and who I want to take and don’t want to take.

“At this stage, I don’t think I will be risking some of the more experienced players but we will field a competitive side.

“The Nines are a bit of a reward for some of the younger players. It will also be good to give some of the forwards a run.

“We are certainly not going to go there and roll over. It is a bit of a catch 22 as I don’t want any injuries out of the Nines. I want to have everyone healthy (for selection) for round one.”

The NRL Auckland Nines event received a huge boost today with leading engineering and infrastructure group Downer taking over as the 2016 Nines naming rights sponsor.

Duco Events said the new partnership would go a long way to ensuring next month’s event is a major success.

Downer agreed to take over the top sponsorship role following the end of Duco’s partnership with electronics retailer, Dick Smith.

Downer NRL Auckland Nines Facts:

• 2 day tickets from $69
  • Children half price (most categories)
  • All 16 NRL Clubs together in Auckland
  • 288 + players
  • Nearly NZ$2.6 million dollars prize money
  • Club star players contractually guaranteed to play
  • Family friendly
Tickets: http://t.co/kxD1pUwN6y

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/01/19/manly_to_be_competit.html

DCE wont play. He's just coming off a shoulder operation ! Our main priority is to get him right for the start of the comp not play in a micky mouse competition which frankly I don't care about. Give the upcoming younger players a go !

DCE wont play. He's just coming off a shoulder operation ! Our main priority is to get him right for the start of the comp not play in a micky mouse competition which frankly I don't care about. Give the upcoming younger players a go !
Totally agree with you on DCE feathered friend. Which players would you have in our squad ?

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Brown
4.Walker
5.DCE
6.Trbojevic
7.Parcell
8.Taupau
9.Mateo

10.Lawrence
11.Lussick
12.Starling
13.Knight
14.Symonds

15.Ramien
16.Green
17.Fonua-Blake
18.Moltzen

Think of the players, if injured, could cruel our season and then keep these guys home and send a squad like:
(not in positional order)
  1. Tim Moltzen
  2. Isaac John
  3. Jayden Hodges
  4. Tom Symonds
  5. Fabian Goodall
  6. Addin Fanou-blake
  7. Luke Burgess
  8. Halauafu Lavaka
  9. Nathan Green
  10. Nicholas Hynes
  11. Braden Willame
  12. Blake Leary
  13. Tony Santini
  14. Benton Lawrence
  15. Rhys Armstrong

Think of the players, if injured, could cruel our season and then keep these guys home and send a squad like:
(not in positional order)
  1. Tim Moltzen
  2. Isaac John
  3. Jayden Hodges
  4. Tom Symonds
  5. Fabian Goodall
  6. Addin Fanou-blake
  7. Luke Burgess
  8. Halauafu Lavaka
  9. Nathan Green
  10. Nicholas Hynes
  11. Braden Williams
  12. Blake Leary
  13. Tony Santini
  14. Benton Lawrence
  15. Rhys Armstrong
He said he was going to send a competitive side

Yep DCE almost certainly won't be there, this was a tweet from back in November suggesting the same.

Wackos Whispers ‏@WackosWhispers 25 Nov 2015
Manly Sea Eagles Daly Cherry Evans won't be playing in @NRLAKL9s after having off season shoulder surgery

No reason to risk him, by the sound of what Barrett has said he'll be taking as few star players over as possible.
I didn't know daly had the operation I guess he won't be going then I'll replace him with moltzen who I would like to see if he is still worth signing

Damn Wrights injury - this style of footy is custom made for him!!
I think the 2 new Big lower grade Eels wingers will get a run, with the others in the squad
Parcell
Brown
Symonds
Turbo
Moltzen
taufua
Api
Mateo
Walker
Green
Buhrer (if fit)
Starling
Fanua Blake
Johny Walker

Squad should contain this above batch, obviously not all....

Doubt Kapow, Snake, DCE, Myles, Matai or Lyon should or will be considered, maybe Jake but I prefer not personally....

A tournament where they don't tackle - Moltzen will probably still find a way to get injured...

Also doubt they would send any Kiwi rep players after they had the UK tour...

Damn Wrights injury - this style of footy is custom made for him!!
I think the 2 new Big lower grade Eels wingers will get a run, with the others in the squad
Parcell
Brown
Symonds
Turbo
Moltzen
taufua
Api
Mateo
Walker
Green
Buhrer (if fit)
Starling
Fanua Blake
Johny Walker

Squad should contain this above batch, obviously not all....

Doubt Kapow, Snake, DCE, Myles, Lyon should or will be considered, maybe Jake but I prefer not personally....
I believe Koroisau is not available he is coming of a shoulder injury aswell as DCE

My squad would be :

Parcell
Symonds
Mateo
Goodall
Moltzen
Lavaka
John
Green
Hynes
Santini
Leary