Manly to fight through NRL 'obstacles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Manly are less than impressed at having just five days to prepare for Saturday night's NRL clash with St George Illawarra at Kogarah, but the premiers have pledged to fight through "the obstacles".

Read the full article

Tooves doesn't make excuses or whinge. He seems very determined as do the players and no amount of obstacles will dent the resilience of the club, players and fans.

No, he doesn't. It makes me proud to be a Manly supporter; and it gives me hope that we are going to turn up mentally right for the Saints game.

I wonder why Manly supporters hate Gallop and his chronies......What a
p!ss poor start they have thrown at us, whilst the likes of the Broncos get 8 straight FRiday nights....no heat...no sun...a joke

I like how the press is still trying to report as though Des is here, but the quotes they get from Toovey just don't back their story up :)

Toovey should totally just start talking to them like they were referees back in his day

What's with that crap in the article about not having any depth? Are we supposed to have rep players on standby waiting for their chance when someone gets injured?

swoop said:
Tooves doesn't make excuses or whinge. He seems very determined as do the players and no amount of obstacles will dent the resilience of the club, players and fans.

He is doing a fantastic job.

Daniel said:
I like how the press is still trying to report as though Des is here, but the quotes they get from Toovey just don't back their story up :)

Toovey should totally just start talking to them like they were referees back in his day

He did in one interview I saw. It was about the DCE re-signing and one made a smartarse comment like "they all care about the money" or something like that, and he went off!! It made me officially realise that "Oi You!!" was now our coach and I couldn't be happier.

One can hope the IC prevents starts like this for any club in the future.

Hope

The NRL, while under the control of Gallop, will always give us a hard time. The hate is on towards our club and has been for years. Makes us stronger. The 'independent commission' will not be independent while the News Ltd flunky is the CEO. That was the 'deal' to have him in the saddle for News to exit the game. Exit, my arse. He's the lead in the saddle bags. And while I'm at it, Bill Harrigan should be brought into line. His referee appointments saw us get Cummins for three consecutive games. A biased ref by any means. Harrigan, another Manly hater.

DSM5 said:
The NRL, while under the control of Gallop, will always give us a hard time. The hate is on towards our club and has been for years. Makes us stronger. The 'independent commission' will not be independent while the News Ltd flunky is the CEO. That was the 'deal' to have him in the saddle for News to exit the game. Exit, my arse. He's the lead in the saddle bags. And while I'm at it, Bill Harrigan should be brought into line. His referee appointments saw us get Cummins for three consecutive games. A biased ref by any means. Harrigan, another Manly hater.

This, if true makes Globaleagle sad.

That's right, third person reference ftw!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4