Manly Toyota Cup 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Always like when the Seaeagles have a strong TC team like a few years back with Foz, DCE & Lussick.
Just looking through the official Manly Seaeagles site & had a browse at the TC squad & noticed quite a few new players who seemed to have decent wraps on them. Be good to see the TC boys lift & compete again in 2012. :)

MK Eagle said:
Always like when the Seaeagles have a strong TC team like a few years back with Foz, DCE & Lussick.
Just looking through the official Manly Seaeagles site & had a browse at the TC squad & noticed quite a few new players who seemed to have decent wraps on them. Be good to see the TC boys lift & compete again in 2012. :)

Names, more info? Good report.

Just had a look at the squad then,
Noticed a George Rose look alike in there Marcus Roil.
00130276_Image.jpeg

Height : 191 cm
Weight : 117 kg

00014385_Image.jpeg

Height : 189 cm
Weight : 113 kg

I don't know much about Marcus Roil, but he is a big unit. Him & G.Rose playing together will be interesting.

Clay said:
00130276_Image.jpeg

00014385_Image.jpeg

Wow - and the boy is still growing :D Mad Marcus namesake :p

With those two as props, the opposition would have no room to run around IMO.

Manly 2012 - looking solid!

Would love to see manly strong in all grades.

Noticed that Mick Vella is playing in the Manly comp next season could be a handy pick up if we could get him on the cheap.
Just to have some experience in the NSW Cup side

arty said:
MK Eagle said:

Names, more info? Good report.

Its worth going to the official Manly site & looking up Toyota cup squad in the teams section mate. Theres a fair few that look to have potential but as always - means nothing till proven on the field.
Players I have had good direct reports on include Sam Short - your quality organising half. Massive NZ outside back Patelesio Sipley is a mass potential & a powerhouse in attack & Dylan Kelly who has the quality running backrower abilities likened to a young Ryan Hoffman & kicks goals.

Just had a look at the NRL & NYC squads & can't find Magnus Stromquist!

Can someone clear up where he is as I'm hoping he's still with us. A player I've thought has great potential.

Cheers

Clay said:
00130276_Image.jpeg

00014385_Image.jpeg

Think he'a earnt the nicname little Georgie!

mk, agree and watch for patrick sipley who is huge for a winger and has loads of pace. Likes getting in at dummy half and making some runs.

Which Andrew Johns stated as the reason there are not many good number 7's getting around these days. Parents of kids that play in the halves don't like the idea of their 50/60kg kids playing against 90/100 odd kg Poly boys. DCE is an exception.

Blowfly said:
Just had a look at the NRL & NYC squads & can't find Magnus Stromquist!

Can someone clear up where he is as I'm hoping he's still with us. A player I've thought has great potential.

Cheers

trains 3 times a week with the part timers. Will start the season in local A grade somwhere until a few injuries occur and then he will get a chance in NSW CUP

Just thinking back at that 20s side had in it the likes of - Hoppa, Oldfield, Fozzy, DCE, JWH, Lama Tasi, Ferris Buhrer and Lussick. What a great side, couldn't be another 20s squad thats had so many play 1st grade from the one team surely.

Just shows what a great job the former coaching staff did.
From spotting the talent and then putting the finishing touches till they became 1st grade stars.Let's hope that will still be the case with new coaching staff.

2009 Toyota Cup
STILL AT MANLY

Jamie Buhrer NRL
Daly Cherry-Evans NRL
Kieran Foran NRL
William Hopoate NRL
Darcy Lussick NRL
Michael Oldfield NRL
Scott Blanch NSW CUP
James Cunningham NSW CUP
Liam Higgins NSW CUP
Mitch Jowett NSW CUP
Gary Riccardi NSW CUP

STILL IN THE NRL

Jared Waera-Hargeaves NRL
Lama Tasi NRL

Dead last in both NSW Cup and the under 20's last year. Not playing in the QCUP is going to hurt us in a few years.

QCUP is the nest in which all champion sides lay their eggs. Hatchlings from here soar to greater heights.

mozgrame said:
QCUP is the nest in which all champion sides lay their eggs. Hatchlings from here soar to greater heights.

Then how come the Roosters don't play there?

Hi there. Please correct me if I'm wrong here members, but is "Michael Oldfield" the "only" Toyota Cup player in the last 3 years (2009,10, 11) since Eagles inaugural "2008" team to have played NRL?? While everyone talks about the 2009 Toyota Cup side, I believe the real nursery behind the current crop relates more to 2008 given very few (only 1?) has since progressed to NRL. "2008 team", a good crop indeed!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6