Manly v Brisbane '99

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Id forgotten this match.

Kosef - boy he was a coulda been guy. such a shame about the injuries

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexKkzET18k&feature=g-vrec[/video]

He was already great even with the injuries. Gartner, Kosef and Menzies, the unstoppable trio and one of if not the best club level backrows you will ever, ever see!

Watching that all I can think is. Imagine having the Terry Hill of then in our team now with Jamie on one side and Hill on the other. They can both get outside their opposite so well

Don't get me wrong - I loved Kosef, he was great - but imagine! And without doubt the best backrow I have seen.

I thought the same thing when I saw Hill make that break, imagine if he was in our team now - minus the beef he carries today

I brought this up too after Tezza was on the Footy Show the other day. There were not too many highlights in that period of our history, but that comeback was certainly one of them.

Menzies, Watmough and Kennedy was a pretty awesome backrow as well

Remember this game coz I was listening to another game on ABC radio and every time they crossed to Lex Marinos at Brookvale Oval we had scored again

The last great Sunday afternoon at Brookie before the NE debacle.

Beaver went on for another decade. The tragedy of Kosef's knees is one thing, but somehow Garts got lost in the NE mess & then went to England. He was a great player.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Menzies, Watmough and Kennedy was a pretty awesome backrow as well

Remember this game coz I was listening to another game on ABC radio and every time they crossed to Lex Marinos at Brookvale Oval we had scored again

They were but the gartner, Kosef, Menzies backrow was that extra but of special. They were such dominant players in every area

Yep, I was there. Had $150 on the game and for a moment, I thought they'd get up at the end. Although Lockyer missed a drop goal that would have won the game. Still the crowd was going crazy and the noise was huge.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6