Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are usually two archetypal patterns on these types of fan forums following what is perceived as a disappointing loss by the team.

(1) First wave of people venting their emotions. It's usually negative and a result of a frustrated SEEKING system in the limbic brain.
(2) Second wave of a smaller group coming in to judge the first wave. It's usually from a calmer, less emotive mind space. It's motivations can be wide and varied.

When you understand the emotional outburst of a frustrated person there is no need to come on and pass judgement on it. If people are on a fan forum venting rather than out in the world causing real harm and damage then I'm all for it. It's also easy to just understand that person is coming from their limbic brain temporarily and it will blow over. No need for the judgement at all, and to start questioning whether such supporters are really supporters.

Yes, life is short. Understand the archetypes and be aware of what your own drives are. :)

You missed the third type.

arseholes being arseholes.

I tend to like your third option Woodsie.

I mean, why is venting only allowed on the players, coach and club (which we all apparently support)? But everyone else must respect the venting and not pass judgement on it?

Sounds like a one way street to me.

Wouldn't it be easier for the "supporters" who are negative venting to wait for the emotive feelings to pass?
Then they can approach the forum with a "calmer, less emotive mind space". :)

On another note, Cullen sounds like a good signing.
Cullen??!! He's #$##, seriously what a ***** that little ***** is, I can't believe bloody bozo would sign that useless ****. He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, stupid *****. Ahhh...that's better @;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7