Manly v Cowboys [Round 26 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Vs cowboys

This game will let us know our state of mind. Toovey, on numerous occasions, let us know that winning the minor premiership was and never is the goal. The premiership is what it's all about. This could be the reason why the team was playing with one eye on the premier prize and saving themselves. Many believe ,that amongst bad referee calls, we run out of puff in the second half of the gf last year. Toovey will make sure that this will not happen again, hence I feel ,the increased fitness as reported, and the flat shows during the games. This should stand us in good stead coming into the finals. I also feel that a lot of the pet plays were shelved and new ones worked on,hence the stuttered attack.
This could be all wishful thinking on my side or, all he'll is about to break free. Whichever, I am going to allow myself to enjoy the Manly journey no matter where it takes me. Go Manly!!!!!

RE: Vs cowboys

Poola I like the comment 'I am going to allow myself to enjoy the Manly journey no matter where it rakes me'....great comment. And me too!

Terrific thoughts Poola, but you have to hate the way spelling autocorrect screws up some ideas. "..where it rakes me" is a ripper.

The minor premiership should be our goal at the moment. 100k would be very handy, and it's very possible. We may not make it too far into the finals.

If we lose this week, we play either the Roosters or Souths in week one of the finals. If we win, then we play either Penrith, Storm (in Sydney) or Bulldogs.
Manly will be going all out to win this week IMO.
We had the tough run through the finals series last year and it cost us in the end. I still believe Manly would have won the premiership had they won that first final against the chooks.
We want the chooks and Souths to bash each other two weeks in a row. Manly winning ensures this happens.

Very winnable game v cowboys. I saw most of their game last night. Cronulla's patched up team of reserve graders made many line breaks last night that they couldn't quite finish off. If the cowboys are that bad again Manly will win comfortably.

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Round 26 - 2014 NRL Premiership

Saturday 6th September, 2014 – 1300 Smiles Stadium

NRL Kick-Off 7:30pm

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Jamie Lyon (c)
4. Steve Matai
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling
9. Jayden Hodges
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Tom Symonds

Interchange

14. Jesse Sene-Lefao
15. Dunamis Lui
16. James Hasson
17. Jason King

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Cowboys
1 Michael Morgan
2 Kyle Feldt
3 Tautau Moga
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Robert Lui
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
8 Matthew Scott (c)
9 Rory Kostjasyn
10 Ashton Sims
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Tariq Sims
13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14 Ray Thompson
15 Scott Bolton
16 Glenn Hall
17 James Tamou

Coach: Paul Green

GAME: COWBOYS V SEA EAGLES DATE: SATURDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER, 2014
VENUE: 1300SMILES STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 7.30PM [FOX]
REFEREE: Gerard Sutton VIDEO REFEREES: Bernard Sutton
ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Badger Luke Patten
TOUCH JUDGES: Steve Carrall EVALUATOR: Bernard Sutton
Michael Wise MATCH DAY COACH: Bernard Sutton
STANDBY: Tim Rutherford JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

I'm really looking forward to this, and the challenge for Us. (Of course it's always disappointing knowing the season's nearing it's end).

But our destiny re: the Minor Premiership is firmly in our own hands!

Just treat it like another rehearsal for finals-footy.

Plus I have my brother coming up to stay for the weekend (he's strictly an AFL man, but graciously allows me to watch Manly whilst he's here!)

Cowboys will probably be without Kane Linnett as well, and with Tate and Wright already gone they look vulnerable out wide.

Cowboys are definitely beatable if we show up.

Having said that, at our best we do any team in the competition this year.

mozgrame said:
The minor premiership should be our goal at the moment. 100k would be very handy, and it's very possible. We may not make it too far into the finals.

I agree on wanting the minor premiership (a lot).

For the reasons @bones stated above (the 100k is just a nice extra IMO)

And surely you jest yet again about our chances in the finals mate!

Positivity please; or it's out the back, me and you!

:p

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:

I agree on wanting the minor premiership (a lot).

For the reasons @bones stated above (the 100k is just a nice extra IMO)

And surely you jest yet again about our chances in the finals mate!

Positivity please; or it's out the back, me and you!

:p

You just tread real carefully there big fella! Don't make me "Manny Pacquiao" you in front of all these nice people. :p

I think, well actually I hope, that the last 10 minutes in Sunday might just be the impetus we need to get our season rocking and rolling again.

I have yet to watch the replay but was at the game ( and didn't see much as I am a shortarse and being in the hill when it's crowded isn't exactly great when you are not six foot six) and it didn't exactly look like we deserved to be in the game up to about 65 mins BUT as is often the case , when the going gets tough the tough get going, and so just maybe this might be the turnaround point.

Only time will tell

And a few of the MWTS are heading up as well, I am sure @Vidmar will have details out soon on pre game catch up points, transport and ticketing .

I will be there, Cowboys Leagues Club at 5 pm I believe - look for Maroon and White

Sea Eagles Next Game
Live Odds: $1.03
Cowboys
V
scheduled
Away Odds: $
Sea Eagles
1300 Smiles Stadium
Sat 06-09-2014 19:30:00

Man the Cowboys are short at $1.03. We will be about $13 then. I will be getting a piece of that. :p

Cows were poor last night. I thought they were already thinking of the game against us but it turns out they apparently had the Flu. If they play this week like they did last night we will win. Unfortunately for us, I think they will treat this as something of a GF style game because if they win and the Riff lose they go into the top 4.

We have nothing to play for - the players are not allowed to be given a spit of the minor premiership as a bonus unless it is in the salary cap and we finish top 2 no matter what

Fluffy said:
We have nothing to play for - the players are not allowed to be given a spit of the minor premiership as a bonus unless it is in the salary cap and we finish top 2 no matter what

I thought the same until I saw @bones post in another thread explaining that if we win it means Souths and the Roosters (our biggest threats) will play each other 2 weeks in a row. If we lose we have to play one of them.

That's enough incentive to go for the win imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7