Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team

Dylan Walker 2. Brayden Wiliame 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 20. Matthew Wright 23. Pita Godinet 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 19. Matt Parcell 10. Nate Myles 11. Tom Symonds 12. Martin Taupau 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Addin Fonua-blake 16. Brenton Lawrence 17. Siosaia Vave

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
It's obvious; if we are any real hope of winning this match the 'boys are going to have to play poorly. I think this is a possibility. All teams are going to have their off days. Cronulla had one when we beat them, and the Sharks are now being spoken about as title contenders.
My worry is that the 'boys backline will be too fast, skillful and well-drilled for what is shaping as our weakest on paper for several seasons (no Turbo, Snake or Jorge). I'm eagerly awaiting our backline to 'click' and for TB to show his ability as a coach with good attacking plans.
The forwards have aimed up in recent matches, so TB or Cartwright get approval ticks for that, but where is the Manly backline all other teams once envied? Perhaps it's a case that you can't teach old backs new tricks.

It will be interesting to see if Liam Knight is named in NSW cup this week

The lurker has it that he has played his last game for manly

Hope that he is wrong (as usual)

My worry is that the 'boys backline will be too fast, skillful and well-drilled for what is shaping as our weakest on paper for several seasons ...
Cows will be expecting a tough close match and that's what they'll get.
Weakest backline? Still have Lyon, Matai, DCE, Walker. And I'm confident our forwards will aim up to the challenge.
They'll be favourites but so what? we can still win.

It will be interesting to see if Liam Knight is named in NSW cup this week

The lurker has it that he has played his last game for manly

Hope that he is wrong (as usual)
He was at the Knights game - don't know if that means that he is still part of Manly or what :wondering:

Cowboys will top up there for and against Nicley this weekend I suspect. No Stewart, or Trbojevic for 8 weeks will hurt us and I honestly think we will lose the next 4.

Walker will go to fullback

I think Bartlett did the same thing last time we played on a Monday, i.e. Named a near identical team to the one that just played.

Yet another example of how unprofessional the NRL is.Whats the point in having "team list Tuesday" when the side named is nothing like the one run out?
It's a joke and the NRL needs to deal with it. Am I to assume that all six teams that played yesterday have named unchanged teams.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2