Manly v Eels [Round 24 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
GAME: EELS V SEA EAGLES DATE: FRIDAY 22ND AUGUST, 2014
VENUE: PIRTEK STADIUM NRL KICK OFF: 7.45PM [NINE]

REFEREE: Gerard Sutton
ASSIST REFEREE: Alan Shortall

VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Clark,Luke Patten

TOUCH JUDGES: Nick Beashel EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
Russell Turner MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith
STANDBY: Phil Henderson JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

Eels
1 Jarryd Hayne (c)
2 Semi Radradra
3 Will Hopoate
4 Ryan Morgan
5 Vai Toutai
6 Corey Norman
7 Chris Sandow
8 Tim Mannah (c)
9 Issac De Gois
10 Junior Paulo
11 Kenny Edwards
12 Tepai Moeroa
13 Joseph Paulo

Interchange
14 Peni Terepo
15 David Gower
16 Darcy Lussick
17 Ben Smith

Coach: Brad Arthur

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Tom Symonds
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Justin Horo
16 James Hasson
17 Jason King

Coach: Geoff Toovey

The good thing about Sandow is that he hogs the ball.

He has great skills but is no game reader and more often than not, will try and be the scoring hero - thereby an easy mark :idea:

Manly just have to focus on themselves and ignore bad calls and the expected antagonizing from Darcy et al :)

I think we will win, as long as we are not wearing the cursed jersey lol.

Didn't think Gower would be playing.

Sneak shot of Jarryd preparing for this game:

crying-baby.jpg

Manly v Parramatta NRL Stats @ 20 Aug 14

---

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_tbt.html#18

---

Played all venues: 131: Manly won 82, Parra won 45, Drawn 4 (64% win rate for Manly)

Played Brookvale: 60: Manly won 42, Parra won 17, Drawn 1 (71% win rate for Manly)

Played Parramatta: 20: Manly won 11, Parra won 9, Drawn 0 (55% win rate for Manly)

---

Last 5 Matches between them:

23Mar14 Rnd3: Manly 22-18 @ Brookvale
03Aug13 Rnd21: Manly 40-6 @ Parramatta
08Jul13 Rnd17: Manly 50-10 @ Brookvale
08Jul12 Rnd18: Manly 40-24 @ Brookvale
31Mar12 Rnd5: Parra 29-20 @ Parramatta

---

The Eels will be well-prepared and confident of an upset for this game.
Thier forwards have proven they can muscle up real well when they're on thier game, our last meeting at home earlier this year was real close, and after last week's Eels close loss they'll be very keen.
Not to mention playing for a finals appearance..

Manly had better be up for this with a dominant performance, and yea, targetting Sandow will help.

Go Manly!

Well we know Choc will be out to impress his new Club from 2015 :p

Manly just to stay injury free an off the MRC list :cool:

Moondog said:
Hayne is the only danger (apart from the pinkos). If we contain Hayne we win.

Don't forget about Semi Radradra. He definitely needs to be contained too.

ManlyVsEels.jpg

Arko-admirer said:
Two Manly juniors lining up against us, and one other ex-Sea Eagle. Doesn't seem right, we're meant to take their players.

Yeah, why aren't we giving our juniors a go! They'll go elsewhere if we don't give them a run in firsts. :rolleyes:

We couldn't have met Parra at a worse time. They will be treating this game like a GF, if they lose their faint chances of finals footy is gone and they will also be out for blood after we got out of gaol against them earlier in the season. Couple that with our sub par form and Haynes whinging about the referees and this has all the makings of a Parramatta win.

Never fear though, I have a plan. I am going to punt $20.00 on Parra in this game. That is a guarantee that they won't win because I have never picked a winner when punting on the footy.

Clint said:
Can you please back the other 15 teams for the Premiership whilst you are at it @Ralphie

If you give me the cash I will happily do so.

wedgetail eagle said:
Reports say Fui Moi walked out of a training session. Probably just went to the Dunny.

Fui Fui is being treated very poorly. He has been dropped from the Team for his final home game. I wonder if Choc is p1ssed off with Parra for treating a favourite son so poorly????

Ralphie said:
We couldn't have met Parra at a worse time. They will be treating this game like a GF, if they lose their faint chances of finals footy is gone and they will also be out for blood after we got out of gaol against them earlier in the season. Couple that with our sub par form and Haynes whinging about the referees and this has all the makings of a Parramatta win.

Never fear though, I have a plan. I am going to punt $20.00 on Parra in this game. That is a guarantee that they won't win because I have never picked a winner when punting on the footy.

Yep, Hayne's whinging in the tele and the fact that they were genuinely ripped off by the refs against the dogs - I think this portends ill for our chances of being fairly dealt with by the pink clows

Arko-admirer said:
Two Manly juniors lining up against us, and one other ex-Sea Eagle. Doesn't seem right, we're meant to take their players.

4 ex manly players: Lussick, Hopa, Edwards and Gower

xavier said:
Ralphie said:

Yep, Hayne's whinging in the tele and the fact that they were genuinely ripped off by the refs against the dogs - I think this portends ill for our chances of being fairly dealt with by the pink clows
Since WHEN have we EVER been dealt with fairly by the pink clowns.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7