Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 7, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Tom Trbojevic 6. Dylan Walker 7. Apisai Koroisau 8. Darcy Lussick 14. Lewis Brown 10. Nate Myles 11. Tom Symonds 12. Martin Taupau 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 22. Josh Starling 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Blake Leary 23. Addin Fonua-blake

Last edited:
I think parra is presently playing better than we are. They are probably about as good as they are going to be whereas I believe we are running at about 30% of what the roster is capable of. As much as I want us to win this, I think they will get us by 8 points.

I think parra is presently playing better than we are. They are probably about as good as they are going to be whereas I believe we are running at about 30% of what the roster is capable of. As much as I want us to win this, I think they will get us by 8 points.

NoooOoOoOooOOOooooooooOOOooOoo !!! Don't jinx it mate.

Man so nervous about this game ! I have not wanted a win more in YEARS !! I detest that team. Heading down mate?
Yep will be there in members sitting in front of hill with family

Starting the match at 7.50pm (which means 8pm when Channel Nein is ready) in non-daylight saving is far too late. It gets dark around 5.30pm these days, so it will feel like bedtime by the time of kickoff.
Yet, when it suits TV, the Monday matches start at 7pm.
Just another "stuff you" to we fans who like to support our team in person.

Hoping someone can help with a Public Transport question. We are staying in Manly Thursday night. The last time after a night game we waited for the players to come around the ground etc, went out to get a bus and were told all the buses to Manly had left. We then had to wait ages to get a taxi. Do you normally have to leave before or right on full time to get a bus to Manly? Really didn't want to drive to the ground.

I'm feeling good about this game. We are due a win at Brookie. And we both played on Saturday so no five day turn around excuses from Barrett. Eels have looked real good. But at home we are capable of doing it. Bring it home coach.

Hoping someone can help with a Public Transport question. We are staying in Manly Thursday night. The last time after a night game we waited for the players to come around the ground etc, went out to get a bus and were told all the buses to Manly had left. We then had to wait ages to get a taxi. Do you normally have to leave before or right on full time to get a bus to Manly? Really didn't want to drive to the ground.

The speicial buses from outside the Southern Stand leave within 10 mins or when they're full

If you cross Pittwater Road across from the Southern Stand, there is a Bus Stop near Pine Street (Brookie Hill exit on Pittwater Rd) right outside the Pet Barn. Everyone crosses here to go to Maccas at the back of Pet Barn

The regular buses 155,156,169 or anything with 'Manly' on it will get you back to the Wharf.

Anything with 'City' or 'Wynyard' gets you back over the bridge. Unfortunately the two express buses L88/L90 don't pick up here.
Best to get on any bus and get off at the Warringah Mall express bus stop. Where you get on these limited stop buses.

Just make sure you wave to the Driver, as some are stickler for the rules and won't stop unless flagged down

Last edited:
The speicial buses from outside the Southern Stand leave within 10 mins or when they're full

If you cross Pittwater Road across from the Southern Stand, there is a Bus Stop near Pine Street (Brookie Hill exit on Pittwater Rd) right outside the Pet Barn. Everyone crosses here to go to Maccas at the back of Pet Barn

The regular buses 155,156,169 or anything with 'Manly' on it will get you back to the Wharf.

Just make sure you wave to the Driver, as some are stickler for the rules and won't stop unless flagged down
Thanks very much Happily Manly

I'm so keen for this week, it will be game of the year IMO both teams finding form. I really can't see us winning but if we do it will be off the back of our defence and our toughness. I'm saying parra by 6 it will be a brave effort from the boys but Foran and Norman will be to good for us to stop. I'd love to here the crowd give a spray to parra were gonna plenty of support against the cheats!

Agree with Mark ,Hart Manly ...Head Parra , just dont want to go down to them its hard enough at home now but if we get done OMG
Just hope George stays out where hes meant to be or they will run down the side all night , and Darcey keeps his cool @:(.............Go The Mighty Eagles

Starting the match at 7.50pm (which means 8pm when Channel Nein is ready) in non-daylight saving is far too late. It gets dark around 5.30pm these days, so it will feel like bedtime by the time of kickoff.
Yet, when it suits TV, the Monday matches start at 7pm.
Just another "stuff you" to we fans who like to support our team in person.
Agreed mate. They should start the game at 7pm like the Monday game. It is way too late. With the 7pm kick off it rules out many families even with it being school holidays. If 7pm is too early for some then 7.30pm would be a good compromise. Channel 9 do not need to have their long drawn out intro.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7