MANLY V NZ game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Game day at Mt Smart

A rare chance to sit down and watch all 3 games

NSW Cup about to start, think we will get flogged in this one, plenty of NRL players in this Vulcans side and our side is decimated. 17yo playing in the halves will be interesting

Team news for 1st grade sees Laumape playing NRL today for the Warriors, he is a really good young player

Keep an eye on the 9 for the Vulcans, Alehana Mara. He has been told he isn't wanted next year and he could be a really handy bench impact player

Word going around that Locke and possibly Mannering are out of today's game, not confirmed though

Halftime now and it's the flogging I expected. Godinet and Seijka tearing us to bits

Chisholm looks really good, a touch of class about him the way he moves with the ball.
Sao has been strong and Stickland has impressed me in the 13 as well

Its been a quiet week on the Manly front with SOO and all but today is a massive one in terms of our year, not much news in any of the papers today but i got this from here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/manly-sea-eagles-in-with-nrl-premiership-chance-amid-state-of-origin-buzz/story-fngr8hax-1226659540170

GEOFF Toovey’s Manly Sea Eagles are perfectly poised to ride through the vital six week State of Origin period in what is shaping as a realistic NRL premiership campaign.

The Sea Eagles are in Auckland for tomorrow’s Mt Smart Stadium clash against the Warriors and a win would set up the side for a top-four spot and the critical two bites of the cherry tilt in the finals.

The importance of the match hasn’t gone unnoticed by senior members of the side.

Centre Steve Matai has warned his teammates a real battle is in front of the maroon and whites.

“They have won two in a row, put 56 on Brisbane last weekend and would love to add us to their scalps,” Matai said.

“There are too many good players in their side not to be given tremendous respect.”

Manly and the Warriors are two of the least-affected teams by the Origin series with the bulk of the home side ineligible and because of fitness circumstances; only Anthony Watmough played in Wednesday’s energy draining opening game.

HE is born to play Origin but Anthony Watmough impressed with his maturity and leadership qualities in Wednesday’s 14-6 NSW victory at ANZ Stadium

When a few players around him were losing their heads, ``Choc’’ played the statesman role.

He was pulling players out of potentially firecracker situations and constantly urging them on during his time on the field.

His defence and ball carrying was inspiring.

It was noticeable in the pre- and post-game dressing vision that he was quietly going around his teammates to let them know only a third of the job was done.

Watmough will back up tomorrow and is a player who relishes this time of the season.

QUEENSLAND and Australian selector Des Morris is a big fan of Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Manly number seven was in camp with the Maroons last week on stand by for Johnathan Thurston who obviously carried a groin injury into the Origin opener.

Morris makes no secret of the fact that Cherry-Evans is a very big part of Queensland’s future plans.

The current record-breaking Queensland side is the oldest ever to play in the Origin series and time for changes in some key areas aren’t that far away.​

The warriors and going to put up some fight today.
Manly by 1-12
Taufua first to score and last to score
Foz MOM
MWTS to sing loudly all game!

torana355 said:
Choc out???

Richie Barnett in apparently. ??? Who's this???

We are fielding a reserve grade team against a hot in form Warriors. Feeling pessimistic now.:dodgy:

**** I hate Origin, :mad:

Ralphie said:
torana355 said:
Choc out???

Richie Barnett in.

We are fielding a reserve grade team against a hot in form Warriors. Feeling pessimistic now.:dodgy:

f**k I hate Origin, :mad:

Inform against a reserve grade Broncos

Is talk going around of Locke and Mannering out for Warriors too

We've had a great run over there with wins but I think the Warriors will be too strong today. Our attack is struggling without Snake and if Choc is out our defense will suffer. Warriors by 10

mickqld said:
We've had a great run over there with wins but I think the Warriors will be too strong today. Our attack is struggling without Snake and if Choc is out our defense will suffer. Warriors by 10

Good job mick :D

Ralphie said:
torana355 said:
Choc out???

Richie Barnett in apparently. ??? Who's this???

f**k I hate Origin, :mad:

Richie Barnett !! LOL. He hasn't pulled a boot on for a few years, and I don't think he will be much use in the scrum being an ex winger. Where did you hear he was the replacement ??

CAMBO said:
mickqld said:

Good job mick :D

We need all the help we can get ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol Richie Barnett is commentating Ralphie

That's an outrage KE why are the club letting him commentate before playing in such a big game for us.

2 tries on the board and Gutherson is the reason for that. We're trailing 12-10 after 24 minutes.

Turbo is averaging 160 metres a match. So far today he has had 6 runs for 61 metres against a large pack.

$80,000 @ $1.85 on @manlyseaeagles -2.5 v @NZWarriors in #NRLwarman at 2pm on @FOXSportsAUS 1. Hd To Hd: WAR $2.30 MAN $1.65. #TABBigBets

We need to poach some more of the Warriors young talent because there is quite a few good looking prospects.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
$80,000 @ $1.85 on @manlyseaeagles -2.5 v @NZWarriors in #NRLwarman at 2pm on @FOXSportsAUS 1. Hd To Hd: WAR $2.30 MAN $1.65. #TABBigBets

Well I hope you win BE:exclamation:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6