Manly v Parra | Our most recent meetings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
The last time Parra did the double over us was in 2010 - thanks largely to that forward pass I'm sure you all remember.

Other than that, our most recent record against the Scum has been fantastic, and even though they have beaten us already this season, the thought of them coming to Brooky and beating us again in two weeks time is almost unthinkable.

Here is a quick history of who won and lost in our most recent encounters:

2012 Parra 1 win
2011 Manly 2 wins
2010 Parra 2 wins
2009 Manly 1 win (only played once)
2008 Manly 2 wins
2007 Manly 2 wins
2006 Manly 1 win | Parra 2 wins (including prelim final)

Manly: 8
Parra: 5 (2 of which were in 6 seasons ago)

Just a side note: The most memorable of these wins was our 23-22 win at the SCG in 2006. The other one was in 2008 - when we lost 3 out of our first 5 matches, lets not forget - and came to play a decent Parramatta side away from home on a Friday night. It was the night Bani got injured. That was the night when I thought we would go all the way!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlSQoCeNouA&feature=relmfu

Last year wolfman cross field kick to foran better than those other two games. Was okay 08 when Robson played half and that game where Grothe and Robbo dueled down the flank not bad either.

But I don't get out of my seat and fist pump a last minute field goal.

That try was as good a moment as our last minute tries against the broncs this year the sharks last and that one against the tigers when snake leapt over their fullback off an or ford kick to deal the deal. Can't remember if it was hodgkinson(?).

Embarrassing despite the reffing blunders that we got beaten twice by that rabble in 2010...

We didn't play Parra in the finals in '06. Lost to Newy in Newy and then pumped by the Dragons in the Semi.

'05 got murdered by Parra in the qualifying final.

Hopefully we have a full strength team for this one, sunday arvo brookie game. Catapults us to 24 points !

Volley said:
We didn't play Parra in the finals in '06. Lost to Newy in Newy and then pumped by the Dragons in the Semi.

'05 got murdered by Parra in the qualifying final.

You're right. I remember now. That was BK's last game for us ---- a scoreless loss at the SFS ---- what a way for him to end.

Team vs Parra

1. B Stewart
2. J Tafua
3. J Lyon
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. K Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. T Rex
13. G Stewart

14. J Buhrer
15. J Galuvao
16. V Mauro
17. G Rose

Apart from Rodney for King that is our GF winning pack and bench. The wingers are also different but if Wolfman had of been fit last year would Hopoate have played in the GF ?
Apart from T Rex I wouldn't be playing any of the others who have signed elsewhere.

Yes Hoppa would have been in the wing. Wolfman even played a game in Reggie's last season when we were at pretty much full strength. He was 3rd choice IMO.

Wolf was on the wing when we played the Battle of Brookie rd 25 last year where he got hurt. He was in great form and would've maintained his spot on the wing.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6