Manly v Penriff [Round 25 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Updates to come

Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai - 200th Club Game :angel:
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Tom Symonds
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Justin Horo
16 James Hasson
17 Jason King

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Panthers
1 Matt Moylan
2 Josh Mansour
3 Dean Whare
4 Jamal Idris
5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6 Will Smith
7 Jamie Soward (c)
8 Nigel Plum
18 Kevin Kingston
10 Sam McKendry
11 Sika Manu
12 Matt Robinson
13 Adam Docker

Interchange
14 Lewis Brown
15 Ben Murdoch-Masila
16 Jeremy Latimore
17 Tim Grant

Coach: Ivan Cleary

GAME: SEA EAGLES V PANTHERS DATE: SUNDAY 31ST AUGUST, 2014
VENUE: BROOKVALE OVAL NRL KICK OFF: 3.00PM [NINE]
REFEREE: Matt Cecchin VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Chiddy
ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Reynolds Luke Phillips
TOUCH JUDGES: Jason Walsh EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
Jeff Younis MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith

So..... as Stevo alluded to, Gifty didn't make it.

(unless there's some switch-a-roo coming)

The Team list changes till an hour before kick off.

We have the MRC this week for Kingy too - so I will attempt to update the Team List as Manly announce the changes :)

Saturday's Zorba Manly Daily :
NO GIFT FOR FANS
THE odds of champion backrower Glenn Stewart playing in Manly colours at Brookvale Oval again are not good.
Gifty has started to run on his injured ankle but is more than a week away from a return to the field.

His injury earlier this season and subsequent departure next season has robbed him of the chance of playing 200 first- grade games alongside his brother for the club.

bones said:
globaleagle said:
So..... as Stevo alluded to, Gifty didn't make it.

(unless there's some switch-a-roo coming)

The official team lists haven't been released yet. That doesn't happen until late this afternoon.

Alriiiight! So I'm still in with a chance then *fingers crossed*

tragedy if Gift doesn't take the field - even for a few mins at the end so we can give him a fitting FB farewell.

I'm so not looking forward to seeing him play for rabbits :(

Cruel game/world - he deserved his 200 (+ some) in maroon and white

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Lattimore and Docker charged from last nights game

I feel sorry for the modern player; what is he expected to do when making a tackle in the heat of the battle? This crusher tackle rubbish has gone too far. We might as well be playing touch football. I saw this incident last night and there was absolutely nothing in it, and Latimore cops a grade 2?!

Snake said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Lattimore and Docker charged from last nights game

I feel sorry for the modern player; what is he expected to do when making a tackle in the heat of the battle? This crusher tackle rubbish has gone too far. We might as well be playing touch football. I saw this incident last night and there was absolutely nothing in it, and Latimore cops a grade 2?!

Could be worse. If he were a Manly player he'd be looking at a grade 4.

Manly: 1. Brett Stewart, 2. Jorge Taufua, 3. Jamie Lyon, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Peta Hiku, 6. Kieran Foran, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Josh Starling, 9. Matt Ballin, 10. Brenton Lawrence, 11. Anthony Watmough, 12. Tom Symonds, 13. Jamie Buhrer , 14. Jesse Sene-Lefao, 15. Justin Horo, 16. James Hasson, 17. Jason King

I think you'll find Glenn will play. Toovey would have left him off the team sheet to take the pressure off him in the media etc.

I would prefer he didn't play on Sunday if it meant he would be in better shape for the finals.

He got injured in the Canberra game and then came back onto the field and has missed every match since.

We don't need that sort of risk but it might be necessary for him to get the match time anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7