Manly V Roosters -Teams,News & Game Day chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly V Roosters -Teams,News & Game Day chat

MANLY-WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES vs SYDNEY ROOSTERS
BROOKVALE OVAL
3:00pm Sunday
8/06/2008

3.00pm - NRL Kick-off
12:45pm - Toyota Cup
12:30pm - Gates Open

manly.gif

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM:
1.Michael Robertson
2.Steve Bell
3.Jamie Lyon
4.Steve Matai
5.David Williams
6.Steve Menzies
7.Matt Orford ©
8.Brent Kite
9.Matt Ballin
10.Josh Perry
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Glenn Stewart
13.Luke Williamson
Interchange:
14.Heath L'Estrange
15.Glenn Hall
16.Vic Mauro
17.Mark Bryant
18.Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
19.Shane Neumann (2 players to be omitted)
Coach: Des Hasler

roosters.gif

Roosters NRL Team

1 Anthony Minichiello
2 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
3 Brent Grose
4 Sia Soliola
5 Sam Perrett
6 Braith Anasta (c)
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Mark O`Meley
9 Riley Brown
10 David Shillington
11 Lopini Paea
12 Setaimata Sa
13 Mitchell Aubusson

Subs:
14 Mickey Paea
15 Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16 Anthony Cherrington
17 James Aubusson
18 Steve Meredith
(one to be omitted)

----------------------------------------------------------

TOYOTA CUP TEAMS
MANLY
Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team: Rhys Wolloghan, Trent Reilly, Mark Page, Matt Grieve, John Grey, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Brad Bennett, Ilija Radan (c), Darcy Lussick, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Kenny Edwards
Interchange: Jai Jones-Wiegold, Zac Bowles, Cameron Woo, Michael Tiopira, Todd Wilson, Bodie O’Connell
Coach: David Penna

ROOSTERS
Sydney Roosters
1. Galu Teo
2. Mark Talanoa
3. Daniel Randall
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Alan Heldsinger
6. Tom Symonds
7. Brad Murray
8. James Tamou
9. Ben Cronin
10. Marty Kennedy
11. Rohan Ahern
12. Mose Masoe
13. Dominque Peryoux

Interchange:
14. Stanley Waqa
15. Matt Hall
16. David Hala
17. George Vuna

MANLY
Game Record: Played 11, Won 7, Lost 4
Points Scored: 24.09 p/g
Points Conceded: 14.27 p/g
Tries Scored: 4.27 p/g
Tries Conceded: 2.36 p/g
Completion Rates: 30.9/41 (75.4%)
Line Breaks: 4.36 p/g
Tackle Busts: 35.55 p/g
Missed Tackles: 31.64 p/g
Metres Gained: 1397.18 p/g

ROOSTERS
Game Record: Played 11, Won 8, Lost 3
Points Scored: 24.64 p/g
Points Conceded: 15.27 p/g
Tries Scored: 4.27 p/g
Tries Conceded: 2.64 p/g
Completion Rates: 27.8/40.3 (69.1%)
Line Breaks: 4 p/g
Tackle Busts: 37.09 p/g
Missed Tackles: 31.82 p/g
Metres Gained: 1463.82 p/g

HEAD TO HEAD RECORDS (1947 - )

Overall Head-to-head Records
Played 111; Manly 72, Sydney Roosters 37, Drawn 2

Head-to-head at Brookvale Oval
Played 41; Manly 30, Sydney Roosters 11

Record Crowd these Clubs (Excludes Finals)
50130 at Sydney Cricket Ground, 4/5/1974 (Rd 6), Sydney Roosters Won 15 - 5

Last 10 Games Head-to-head:

Played 10; Manly 6, Sydney Roosters 4

Won By Score Venue Date

Manly 56 - 0 Brookvale Oval 7/7/2007 (Rd 17)
Manly 30 - 8 Sydney Football Stadium 1/4/2007 (Rd 3)
Manly 33 - 16 Sydney Football Stadium 8/7/2006 (Rd 18)
Manly 30 - 22 Brookvale Oval 1/4/2006 (Rd 4)
Manly 22 - 18 Sydney Football Stadium 3/6/2005 (Rd 13)
Sydney Roosters 42 - 20 Brookvale Oval 20/3/2004 (Rd 2)
Sydney Roosters 46 - 16 Sydney Football Stadium 24/8/2003 (Rd 24)
Sydney Roosters 50 - 26 Brookvale Oval 20/7/2003 (Rd 19)
Manly 36 - 14 Brookvale Oval 6/6/1999 (Rd 14)
Sydney Roosters 46 - 0 Sydney Football Stadium 14/3/1999 (Rd 2)

Biggest Head-to-head Wins
Manly 56 - 0 Brookvale Oval 7/7/2007 (Rd 17)
Sydney Roosters 46 - 0 Sydney Football Stadium 14/3/1999 (Rd 2)

Most Tries in a Match Head-to-head

4 A Sullivan (Manly) Manly Lost 24 - 32 (Rd 15, 1953)
3 B Finch (Sydney Roosters) Sydney Roosters Won 46 - 16 (Rd 24, 2003)

Most Goals in a Match Head-to-head
10 B Batty (Manly) Manly Won 53 - 0 (Rd 14, 1966)
8 I Cleary (Sydney Roosters) Sydney Roosters Won 44 - 24 (Rd 10, 1998)

Most Points in a Match Head-to-head
28 M Orford (Manly)(3T, 8G, 0FG) Manly Won 56 - 0 (Rd 17, 2007)
18 M Crocker (Sydney Roosters)(1T, 7G, 0FG) Sydney Roosters Won 46 - 16 (Rd 24, 2003)

http://203.166.101.37/NRL08/index.html

Re: Manly V Roosters -Teams,News & Game Day chat

Afamasaga > Mauro for me, other than that it looks about right

It is likely to be heavy. Rather a smaller more mobile player than a plodder. Stewy and Watmough to cut them up on the fringes.

If you don't want a plodder, send Bryant back to the park.

Bad game to be having a shuffled around back three.

Heath and Hall to have a blinders against their old club.

Finally an afternoon game at Brookie (and do I dream of that) and it has been raining cats and dogs. Hope it clears up.

Any weather forecasts for the weekend?  heard it is raining until next week.

Personally I reckon Bell will play centres, Lyon to 5/8 , Beaver to lock/bench, NBQ/Neuman on the wing with Mauro back to P/L.

By the way jason King must be back soon, any ideas?

NRL.com has his return down as Round 15.

The Wheel link said:

Personally I reckon Bell will play centres, Lyon to 5/8 , Beaver to lock/bench, NBQ/Neuman on the wing with Mauro back to P/L.

Radio this morning said clear up a bit tomorrow and then piss down for the rest of the weekend. At least in Sydney. I will be in Hervey Bay by then, never rains in QLD

Dan

Dan link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177606.msg186084#msg186084 date=1212530659]

Radio this morning said clear up a bit tomorrow and then piss down for the rest of the weekend. At least in Sydney. I will be in Hervey Bay by then, never rains in QLD

Dan
[/quote]

Gets bloody hot in summer though  ;)

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177606.msg186091#msg186091 date=1212536158]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177606.msg186084#msg186084 date=1212530659]

Dan
[/quote]

Gets bloody hot in summer though  ;)
[/quote]

boo ****ing hoo, at least it isn't Sydney though!

I tell ya, working from home will be sweet

The Wheel link said:

King will be back in 2-3 weeks

Dan link said:

Dan

Except for that flood we just had on the weekend. Still drying out up here.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177606.msg186091#msg186091 date=1212536158]

Dan

Except for that flood we just had on the weekend. Still drying out up here.

[/quote]

That wasn't rain it was from everyone swimming in their pools and them over flowing.

Never rains in QLD

Sea Eagles v Roosters Preview
Big League
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51397
Brookvale Oval
Sunday 3pm

IT’S a shame this 1 v 3 clash loses a bit of its lustre due to players on Origin duties but it’s two competition points that will be shining like the Holy Grail for Des Hasler’s boys who are well positioned to take advantage of their under-strength opponents and take a step up to the top rung of the premiership.

The Roosters lose a lot of their grunt with Craig Fitzgibbon, Willie Mason and Anthony Tupou representing the Blues and Nate Myles the Maroons. Conversely, Manly lose just Brett Stewart from their line-up.

The big news for Roosters fan is that former Golden Boot winner Anthony Minichiello returns from injury after an eight-week absence; elsewhere in their reshuffle in-form Mitchell Aubusson shifts from centre to lock to cover for Fitzgibbon, with Brent Grose claiming the number three jersey; while David Shillington starts at prop (for Myles) and Lopini Paea starts for Mason in the second row. Micky Paea and Anthony Cherrington join the bench.

For Manly, Michael Roberston shifts to fullback to cover for Brett Stewart, Steve Bell returns from injury to fill in for Robertson, while Vic Mauro takes the bench spot of the suspended Adam Cuthbertson.

Watch out Sea Eagles: The Roosters are gunning for five straight wins and they are in form all around the park. Mitchell Aubusson had a stunning game in the wet last week, highlighted by an 83-metre try where he fended off three Wests Tigers defenders. And Mark O’Meley, despite being overlooked for Origin, is pumping out quality play.

He’s ranked 12th in the NRL for top running metres, averaging 130 metres a game. And while no-one’s expecting Minichiello to immediately pick up where he left off, it should be noted he is currently averaging a staggering 199 metres from his four games in 2008 – that’s 10 metres more per game than top running metre man Kurt Gidley’s average from eight games.

Given that, and the fact winger Shaun Kenny Dowall boasts 51 tackle breaks (9th in the NRL) and his fellow flanker Sam Perrett with an average 149 metres a game is no.2 in the NRL for total distance gained, the Sea Eagles’ kickers will need to do better than their 45 per cent open-space kick rate.

Watch out Roosters: Origin and suspension has helped to cancel out these sides’ big offloaders: Tupou (29), Cuthbertson (22) and Fitzgibbon (15). But Manly still have good exponents in Anthony Watmough (21) and Glenn Stewart 16. Plus they have the most lethal attacking halfback in the comp in jilted Origin candidate Matt Orford – last week he leapfrogged Scott Prince to become the “King” of try assists in the NRL with 17.

Where it will be won:
With short, close passes and good repeat sets. With the rain forecast to bucket down into the weekend fans can expect a “heavy” track at Brookvale.

The Roosters will be used to it, having ground out a win over the Wests Tigers in similar conditions just last Monday – but there’s also the danger their tired legs may not have fully recovered in time for another slug-fest.

The wet will also play its part in errors – here the Sea Eagles hold a distinct advantage, dropping the ball exactly three times less than the Roosters’ 11.1 times a game.

The History: Played 111; Sea Eagles 72, Roosters 37, drawn 2. The Roosters have won only three of the past eight clashes, with the Sea Eagles winning the past five in succession – including their record 56-0 win at Brookvale the last time they met last season. The home side holds a commanding 30-11 lead in games at Brookvale.

Conclusion: The closest game of the round – the Roosters have scored just six points more all year, and conceded just 11 more. Each side has scored 47 tries. Perhaps it will fall to penalties and discipline – with both sides likely to be out on their feet at times Des Hasler would be wise to drill his side into better discipline, given their 84 penalties conceded is the most by any side in the comp.

Match officials: Referee – Shayne Hayne; Sideline Officials – Paul Holland & Steve Carrall; Video ref – Chris Ward.

Televised:
Channel Nine – Delayed 4.00pm; Fox Sports 2 – Delayed 6.00pm.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

This was a shock from the article above

Watch out Roosters: Origin and suspension has helped to cancel out these sides’ big offloaders: Tupou (29), Cuthbertson (22) and Fitzgibbon (15). But Manly still have good exponents in Anthony Watmough (21) and Glenn Stewart 16. Plus they have the most lethal attacking halfback in the comp in jilted Origin candidate Matt Orford – last week he leapfrogged Scott Prince to become the “King” of try assists in the NRL with 17.

Well, as mentioned many times.
Who else is going to lay tries on for us??

I admit Orford is playing good footy at the moment but still nothing outstanding.

Whether that is harsh or not is up to you.

I think it's a credit to Des how well our attack is going. It's no breaking news that we only have one play maker but I reckon Des has instructed them that they can combat the lack of creativity by using alot more second phase stuff and it seems to be working. I think we've put 30 or over on a team 4 or 5 times now!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6