Manly v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is going to be a massive tussle. The boys looked shot in the last 15 minutes. No energy, ready to fall over. Admittedly we had people injured but its a concern going into the Souths game.

Souths are going to be fresh, big and strong. I think our forwards need to sit a few of their guys on their asses early on in the piece. Maybe try and shock them a little.

Have we got it in us to do that though? Hopefully the boys can lift for another monumental battle.

Manly is due a win over Souths - I believe, that Manly believe, that it is a viable option :cool:

Plus we will have all of Queensland cheering Manly on, to stop the 'Souths GF Conspiracy' by the NRL :p

Thurston may have done us a favour with his sookiness. The refs will probably be aware of the conspiracy theory about getting Souths in the GF, so will try not to favour them.

BTW I saw Fairfax's Andrew Webster wrote this:

"Killing Manly will help Souths delete years of their own pain.
For more than 30 years, Manly patriarch Ken Arthurson calmly flipped open the chequebook and signed the likes of John O'Neill, Phil Blake, Ian Roberts, Craig Field and the rest of the diamonds in the South Sydney side."

I seem to recall Phil Blake was a Manly junior who sadly ended up at Souths.

As a minor aside I think Field was probably signed after Arthurson had left the club. Also I wouldn't call him a diamond so much as the rough.

winnyason said:
History hate big crowd need to somehow get around GI how is this done?
Throw in some punctuation marks.

Same with Roberts - Arko had long gone. I responded to that Webster article online. If it's published, it will be under the name 'Craig.'

Terry Zarsoff said:
Same with Roberts - Arko had long gone. I responded to that Webster article online. If it's published, it will be under the name 'Craig.'

Good. Saves me having to do it.
Do newspapers even have sub-editors these days?

never underestimate just how much hate can motivate people and I don't think we like souths too much, Jeff Lima might want to have the week off because I can't see good things happening for him.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Terry Zarsoff said:

Good. Saves me having to do it.
Do newspapers even have sub-editors these days?
I'm pretty sure Fairfax have largely gotten rid of theirs as a cost saving measure. You would think Webster's awareness of RL history would be somewhat better though. or maybe he knocked back a few Jim Beams whilst he was writing his article!

The SMH haven't published my response to that one online as yet, probably won't as it was fairly critical of Webster's 'research', however they did publish my response to Roy Masters' piece on the ARLC courting the new Federal government. I managed to segue in a little dig at Greenberg, which wasn't deleted by the online editor.

two weeks between games often leads to slow starts. need to be on the go forward from the get go. no easing into this game. the way the bench is made up / used will be critical in this game. the boys will be motivated by how close both games against them were and know in their heads they can beat them. i just hope everyone pulls up ok and we can be as close to full strength as possible.

To me what it shows is how myth over-rides reality.

So the only player that Arko actually signed in that list is O'Neil and that was back in the 70s.

On morning TV there was another myth developing - that Manly only won because of the dodgy Taufua try - but take that away and we still win by the penalty goal.

Just like it now seems set in concrete that the hand of Foran cost the Cowboys their season last year - whereas we won by more than that score.

We can win this but need to improve 50% than we did with the sharks i thought both sharks and Manly played poor. Our defense in the middle was off. Sharks were running under the post pretty easily. Maybe Snake will stop that if he plays

Arko-admirer said:
To me what it shows is how myth over-rides reality.

So the only player that Arko actually signed in that list is O'Neil and that was back in the 70s.

On morning TV there was another myth developing - that Manly only won because of the dodgy Taufua try - but take that away and we still win by the penalty goal.

Just like it now seems set in concrete that the hand of Foran cost the Cowboys their season last year - whereas we won by more than that score.

they can eat s**t !!!

we are playing next week , the sharks ARE NOT !!!!

The fact Souths had a week off is not always as good as ppl think.
Often teams after the break take a while to warm into a game & the side who has slugged it out in tough week to week games can grow & have more momentum learning how to win in tight situations.
The key to next week is a good start, as the fatigue factor can be far more easily overcome mentally when in the fight.
Basically , it will be almost impossible to win if manly trail by 8 next week.
After hearing Snake will again be unavailable its a very tough assignment, but history shows experienced teams can overcome adversity & though Souths have been great in 2013, could buckle under the pressure at this time of year.

1st time we played souths this year we played sharks on Sunday then the bunnies on friday , they were coming off a loss to melbourne.( sat - fri )

2nd time we played souths this year we played warriors on sunday then the bunnies on friday , once again they were coming off a loss to melbourne. ( fri - fri )

both games they had extra break than us , as again this week coming.

however we get 7 days this time , we are tired and little wounded but i still think we have a great chance. hopefully snake is back !!

MK Eagle said:
Often teams after the break take a while to warm into a game & the side who has slugged it out in tough week to week games can grow & have more momentum learning how to win in tight situations.
The key to next week is a good start, as the fatigue factor can be far more easily overcome mentally when in the fight.
After hearing Snake will again be unavailable its a very tough assignment, but history shows experienced teams can overcome adversity & though Souths have been great in 2013, could buckle under the pressure at this time of year.

hey mate...

is that confirmed ?? brett out next week

So do we get another week of "Snake in or out" or do we just realise that he's more likely gone until 2014.

I think we will give it a red hot go regardless

panash said:
1st time we played souths this year we played sharks on Sunday then the bunnies on friday , they were coming off a loss to melbourne.( sat - fri )

2nd time we played souths this year we played warriors on sunday then the bunnies on friday , once again they were coming off a loss to melbourne. ( fri - fri )

both games they had extra break than us , as again this week coming.

however we get 7 days this time , we are tired and little wounded but i still think we have a great chance. hopefully snake is back !!

MK Eagle said:

hey mate...

is that confirmed ?? brett out next week

I believe till the GF if we get there mate.
Pretty inconspicuous how it happened as he left the field against Storm looking fine after scoring a try??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6