Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team
Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Lewis Brown 4. Matthew Wright 5. Brad Parker 6.Jamie Lyon 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau11. Nathan Green 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Blake Leary 15. Josh Starling16. Addin Fonua-blake 17. Siosaia Vave 18.Luke Burgess

Fox Sports 1 - 10:30am Saturday 2011 GF Replay

Last edited:
The Manly side that ran out onto Mt Smart and defeated the Warriors 34-18 was:

Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, T. Trbojevic, Walker, Koroisau, Lussick, Parcell, Myles, Symonds, Taupau, J. Trbojevic. Res - Starling, Brown, Lawrence, Vave.

Manly 34 - Matai (2), Starling, Taupau, T. Trbojevic tries. Lyon (7/7) goals.
NZ 18 - Ayshford, Kata, Luke tries. Johnson (3/3) goals.

Killer's 7/7 goals matched the most he has kicked in a single game. He kicked 7/7 against the Tigpies in 2010, 7/9 against doesn't-matta in 2013 and 7/7 against Canberra in 2014.

This was Api's only win as halfback (out of 3 games) while DCE was out injured. By coincidence, last week was also his first win as Manly's starting hooker.

Tom's try was his 10th in the NRL. He's currently on 13 from 24 games. Interestingly he has not scored a try playing fullback in the NRL (ok, he did against Newcastle but I meant as our starting fullback).

Missing from that side this week will be Snake (knee - season), Skivy (neck - season), Walker (hand/brain - 4 weeks), Parcell (hamstring - indefinite), T-Red (released to Huddersfield) and BJ (pectoral - season). That's at least 6 changes to the line up, though we do have DCE and Ferris, which also means certain positional changes.

Story of our season really. We have yet to play the same 17 two weeks in a row.

Last edited:

Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, T. Trbojevic, Walker, Koroisau, Lussick, Parcell, Myles, Symonds, Taupau, J. Trbojevic. Res - Starling, Brown, Lawrence, Vave.

This was Api's only win as halfback (out of 3 games) while DCE was out injured. By coincidence, last week was also his first win as Manly's starting hooker.

Missing from that side this week will be Snake (knee - season), Skivy (neck - season), Walker (hand/brain - 4 weeks), Parcell (hamstring - indefinite), T-Red (released to Huddersfield) and BJ (pectoral - season). That's at least 6 changes to the line up, though we do have DCE and Ferris, which also means certain positional changes.

Snake is no real loss the way he has been playing
Skivy is a loss
Walker is a loss
T-Red is very much covered and is no loss
BJ is also covered by AFB
Good chance Parcell will make a comeback next week
and DCE and Ferris are back and in good form , so if we play to our potential like we did in round 6 I think we can win again .

Thought we had a chance after they bit the bullet and put Tom at fullback and started playing some second phase footy but with Walker out our makeshift backline will get eaten.

Johnson makes a career out of running across field and around slow outside backs and our centres will be draft horses in terms of speed no matter who they pick even if killer moves from 5/8.If they pick Godinet at 5/8 against the Warriors that will just about do me.If John is fit and plays we are some hope but I doubt it.

Walker out is just another chapter n the season from hell.Warriors by 16.

Thought we had a chance after they bit the bullet and put Tom at fullback and started playing some second phase footy but with Walker out our makeshift backline will get eaten.

Johnson makes a career out of running across field and around slow outside backs and our centres will be draft horses in terms of speed no matter who they pick even if killer moves from 5/8.If they pick Godinet at 5/8 against the Warriors that will just about do me.If John is fit and plays we are some hope but I doubt it.

Walker out is just another chapter n the season from hell.Warriors by 16.

Sadly Susan I agree with you , Warriors will have more to play for this week and will be to fast for us all over the park!!

Killer's 7/7 goals matched the most he has kicked in a single game. He kicked 7/7 against the Tigpies in 2010, 7/9 against doesn't-matta in 2013 and 7/7 against Canberra in 2014.

Tom's try was his 10th in the NRL. He's currently on 13 from 24 games. Interestingly he has not scored a try playing fullback in the NRL (ok, he did against Newcastle but I meant as our starting fullback).

And your last paragraph is it in a nut shell, we can argue about the coach, we can argue about players performances but unlike say the Sharks or the Cowboys who have used about 19 players ( Origin aside) all year, we've blown our 25 and I think we are up to 29 AND I can't remember two games in a row where the same settled side has run out.

Really it's no wonder we are 13th ( not with a bullet) .

Predicted team line up

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: J Buhrer (Lyon could play here also)
4: L Brown
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon (if Lyon has to play centre John play 5/8)
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: N Myles
11: M Taupau
12: N Green (if Buhrer doesn't play centre green dropped)
13: J Trbojevic

14: M Parcell
15: A Fonua-Blake
16. J Starling
17: S Vave

Please can no more Manly players assault any inanimate objects in the lead up to the game.

latest

Predicted team line up

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: J Buhrer (Lyon could play here also)
4: L Brown
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon (if Lyon has to play centre John play 5/8)
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: N Myles
11: M Taupau
12: N Green (if Buhrer doesn't play centre green dropped)
13: J Trbojevic

14: M Parcell
15: A Fonua-Blake
16. J Starling
17: S Vave

I think this will be close to the side that runs out, unfortunately Killer will have to go back to the centres.

1. Trbojevic
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Brown
5. Wright
6. Koroisau
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. Taupau
11. Buhrer
12. Green
13. Trbojevic

Bench: Starling, AFB, Myles, Vave.

Questions will be whether Myles backs up and whether Parcell and Vave are fit.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4