MANLY V WARRIORS @ SFS SAT 7:45pm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: MANLY V TBA Venue confirmed

Awesome, thank God it's not at ANZ. Let's hope it's the same loud crowd and result as last year against the Cowgirls

Saturday? Fcuk, lucky I dogged this function just in case we played that night.

Well played me.

I will be there.  Last chance I will get to see Menzies live. I can not make the GF if we make it, not even sure if I will be able to watch it on TV :(

If you don't find the means to watch the GF you aren't a true fan.

I have a good mates wedding, I have bitched and moaned enough and he said there might be a TV.  Was at a wedding on the weekend and there was one in the corner so fingers crossed.

That's great news.
SFS on Satdy, brilliant. It doesn't have to be a Rooters home game, if they win. We have an extra week to get in and buy tickets. It's the nearest NRL ground to Brooky anyway.

Fluff & me had a wedding to attend at the Souths home semi last year. They found a way to get us at a telly. It's ninety minutes out of a six hour pissup, not much to ask really.

Manly ire at SFS decision

By Dean Ritchie | September 15, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

INCENSED Manly coach Des Hasler has labelled the NRL "amateurish'' after they decided to play both week three finals matches at the SFS - not Homebush. NRL management yesterday agreed to play the grand final qualifiers at Moore Park - the Cronulla game (against winner of Melbourne-Brisbane) on Friday night, Manly versus winner of Warriors-Roosters on Saturday evening.
But Hasler was furious, claiming playing both games at the SFS would give the Sydney Roosters a huge home ground advantage, provided coach Brad Fittler's charges beat the Warriors this Friday night.
Hasler was adamant the Sharks match should have been at the SFS with his side's game played at ANZ Stadium - robbing the Roosters of their home ground advantage. "It is amateur hour at the NRL,'' Hasler said.
"The reason they don't want to play the game at ANZ is the perception (of a poor crowd). Do you believe that? Why couldn't they have played Friday at SFS and Saturday at ANZ. Sorry, that is amateurish. Why do we bother with ANZ if we don't use it?''
Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said the decision nullified Manly's hard-earned advantage as No.2 ranked team. "The only advantage we will get is the home dressing room and the home coaching box,'' Mayer said.
"Why couldn't the NRL have waited until after this weekend to make their decision. If the Roosters win, then play it an ANZ, if the Warriors win, go to SFS. This decision leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. We were the second highest ranked team.''
A recent players poll in The Daily Telegraph did however show the SFS was the player's favourite NRL venue. NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley last night hit back at Hasler's claims.
"We are not in the business of making amateurish decisions,'' Annesley said. "We firmly believe that this decision has been made in the best interests of the game. We're prepared to make the tough decisions even though they might be unpopular at times.
"We made the decision based on what's the best fit for the game. The fact that we can lock the matches in a fortnight in advance will help fans in planning their countdown to the grand final at ANZ Stadium on October 5.''
Roosters coach Brad Fittler was unconcerned by all the drama. "It wouldn't worry us which ground we played at,'' Fittler said. "But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves - we have a big game this Friday night to worry about first.''
Week three games are played in the home region of the highest ranked teams - in this case Manly and Cronulla. Both games will kick-off at 7.45pm.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley last night hit back at Hasler's claims.
\"We are not in the business of making amateurish decisions,'' Annesley said. \"We firmly believe that this decision has been made in the best interests of the game. We're prepared to make the tough decisions even though they might be unpopular at times.
\"We made the decision based on what's the best fit for the game. The fact that we can lock the matches in a fortnight in advance will help fans in planning their countdown to the grand final at ANZ Stadium on October 5.''

Talks cheap and the NRL's actions are a joke, had Melbourne one last week their game would have been played in Melbourne.

There all just puppets incapable of making sound business decisions that are in the best interests of the game.

They could have locked this game into Homebush or the central coast (I'm surprised this isn’t an option) now and had the same result without giving any participant an advantage.

of course it would have been in Melbourne.

the games go to regional grounds from here on in. and that is the ground allocated for our games.

Last year the same game was played at SFS.

Central coast isn't big enough.

I'm the first to complain when somethign is wrong, but FFSget the chip off the shoulder and get some perspective

The NRL were saved massive criticism this week by Warriors winning. Otherwise the Rorters were playing the Sharks at SFS on a Sharks home game. So what does the NRL do - make a decision a week early. It stinks in my view!!!

SFS is good for me.  A meat meal at the Balkan then wander around.  The field' still the same size isn't it?  We will win whoever we play against, because Des will have sorted out our first half blues, and march on to the GF. 

I'm Ok with the SFS...Hop on the supporters bus at the Leagues, Quick trip through the tunnel and a few beers at the Olympic and a short stroll to the ground.

The ground holds the atmosphere well (A la the Cowboys there last season) so looking forward to a good night and a good turnout from the Manly crowd.

Looks like we have about 30 of us going at the moment

Yeah, I'm a bit embarrased about our club whining so much about this. It's clearly the best option for the biggest crowd, the best atmosphere & the easyest access for Manly fans.

As I previously said, we have an extra week to buy up all the tickets & leave the Roosters (if they even get there) with the scraps.

Much better pubs & transport than out west.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2