Manly vs Dragons MNF

Blake

Reserve Grader
Based on an article in today's DT, I have written to the NRL to see if there was any possibility of moving this game from Monday to Sunday, as well as the possibility of moving the venue to SFS.
I suggest a few more people do the same, let the NRL know what the fans want!

762666-round-16.jpg

An open letter to NRL boss David Gallop.

Dear David,

I'm writing to you this morning in regard to the NRL match scheduling for round 16 of the premiership on the last weekend of this month.

On Monday night, defending premiers St George Illawarra play the premiership's hottest team the Sea Eagles in the game of the season and a possible grand final dress rehearsal.

Because this match is being played on a Monday night in Wollongong - and only 30 per cent of households have pay-TV - I'm appealing to you on behalf of hundreds of thousands of fans who will not get the opportunity to see the game.

I'm asking to you to bring relevant parties together for an emergency meeting - Channel 9 boss David Gyngell, Fox Sports boss Patrick Delany, Dragons CEO Peter Doust and Manly CEO Graham Lowe - to transfer this game to a Sunday afternoon 3pm kick-off.

And while you're at it, move the game from Wollongong to the Sydney Football Stadium which can accommodate a crowd of 46,000 and treble the gatetakings.

The NRL has tinkered with the draw before and surely there is no reason why it can't happen again.

Fox Sports would obviously be entitled to some decent compensation - and that would come from the extra gatetakings generated from the SFS.

Offer the Dragons some compensation too for giving up Wollongong if they are prepared to do it for the good of the game.

Surely the Knights-Roosters match can be moved to Monday night in Newcastle to allow Saints and the Sea Eagles the 3pm Sunday kick-off as a special treat for fans.

It would be almost like a fourth Origin game ... Jamie Soward v Kieran Foran, Brett Stewart v Darius Boyd, Anthony Watmough v Ben Creagh, Beau Scott v Glenn Stewart, Mark Gasnier v Jamie Lyon, Will Hopoate v Brett Morris.

Even if the Dragons are not prepared to move the game, you should still consider switching to Sunday afternoon to ensure that all rugby league fans get the opportunity to watch it on free-to-air television.

There won't be a better advertisement for your great game all season. How Channel 9 programmers ever chose the Knights-Roosters game over this blockbuster in the first place is staggering.

I know the big boss David Gyngell is a Roosters nut but he'd be the first to concede his club has no right to the showpiece Sunday timeslot ahead of the Dragons and Sea Eagles.

Thank you for your time and I and thousands of fans look forward to a favourable response.

Cheers, Buzz

Choc gets his act together

ANTHONY Watmough's representative career was on the scrapheap just two months ago. 

The reports that he had been blacklisted from future Origin and Test sides were spot on. 

When The Daily Telegraph carried a back-page story that the Manly second-rower had his papers stamped not to be chosen again, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler called on one of the club's favourite sons Bob Fulton to help overturn the decision.

A series of meetings between Watmough, Hasler and Fulton have got the barnstorming forward back on track. 

No one has ever doubted Watmough's ability - it's just been his failings off the field. 

Who will ever forget the night two years ago he almost single-handedly tore apart the Queensland forward pack in one of the greatest individual Origin performances of all time?

The problem has always been his off-field issues and his behaviour in team camps.

Ricky Stuart is obviously convinced he has rectified his ways and will be a huge part of the Blues' campaign to square the series. 

If it's just moved to Kogarah (because W'Gong probs won't be ready), I'm fine with it. Moving it to Sunday and another ground would be a bonus but it won't happen.

I don't agree with forcing the Dragons to change ground. If WIN isn't ready then move it to kograh but if WIN is ready then play it there, the people down in the gong would be filfthy if it was moved to the SFS just as we would be if they moved it from brookvale.

Nine don't want to show Manly games its that simple.

Whoever programs the games is a goose, an absolute goose. Clearly Rabbits & Donkos, Tigers & Dogs or Knights & Rorters are inferior matches. None of these teams might even make the eight.

Imagine putting the Donks on a Friday after Origin 1, or Donks & St Choke on a Friday after Orgin 2.

While this crop of muppets run the NRL we will have weekly complaints due to scheduling, refereeing and various other aspects fo the game. The AFL wouldn't fail to show the Collingwood v Geelong game on FTA in a respectable time slot but the NRL fail to do the same for the potential matches of the year. I have no problem with where the game is played, the dragqueens deserve to have a home game played at a home ground. Putting it on a Monday night though, is deplorable. It's not as if it was scheduled as such before the season when few believed Manly were a chance at the premiership, it was done weeks ago when it was clear that both would be competing well into September. It's not even as if fans are going to rush out and get foxtel in the next few weeks in order to see the game, essentially there can be no winner from such a poor scheduling error.

If I had to make a bet on either George Rose being the NRL's leading tryscorer at the end of 2011 or David Gallop actually taking positive action on this (or, come to think of it, anything), my hard earned would all be on Georgie.

The Eagle said:
Gosford? Suicide

This.

You'd get the MWTS & the Dragons army, no one else would show up. Maybe one or two Coasties who thought they were walking into CC Leagues.

I'd be much happier with it at Kogarah TBH, but that is purely selfish on my part as it's much easier to get there. If it can't be played at one of the Dragon's home grounds it should be the SFS for sure, it's a monday FFS, who goes to Gosford on a monday.

Nice letter BE, but David Trot hates manly and their fans. Your better off writing to megan fox in hope of scoring a date!

The game will be played at WIN on a Monday night.

Win lose or draw, we will see where our team is at. The Dragqueens will have no excuses as their rep players will have 5 days rest.

Manly by 8

MNF at W'gong-not going-watch on Fox.MNF at Jubilee-not going-watch on fox.Transferred to Sun arvo at SFS-99% going.

Jerry1 said:
Thought that was Qld.
:)

Ticking 'em off one by one mate...
Thanks for coming over and accepting a beer from me at the Caxton, I felt blessed...
Your turn on Saturday? See the barefoot promo and bring the boys?

Gosford is perfect for me with friends living next door to the stadium :p but can't see that happening - would love it to though!!

ayjay007 said:
MNF at W'gong-not going-watch on Fox.MNF at Jubilee-not going-watch on fox.Transferred to Sun arvo at SFS-99% going.

MNF at W'gong-Definately going
MNF at Jubilee-70% chance of going
MNF at Gosford- No ****ing chance of going
Transferred to Sun arvo at SFS-99% going.

MNF at W'gong - Definitely going
MNF at Jubilee - Definitely going
MNF at Gosford- Definitely going
Transferred to Sun arvo at SFS - Definitely going

Wherever it is I can't be there to coach the boys home. On that Monday I'll be having done to me what every person who played in or watched our historic GF wins in the 70s, should have done. Although I read that every male in their twenties should have it done due to the high consumption of fast junk food. Anyway we'll do the Goons. Parra showed the way. Just turn up, tackle hard and run straight. With Cooper out their backline is crap. Manly by ten.

DSM5 said:
On that Monday I'll be having done to me what every person who played in or watched our historic GF wins in the 70s, should have done. Although I read that every male in their twenties should have it done due to the high consumption of fast junk food.

Just make sure the doctor doesn't have both hands on your shoulders :huh: :huh:

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2