Manly Vs Newcastle 17th March

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
Hi All, looking for some advice here..... Im making the trek from Central Qld to Brookie to let my Wife and Daughters experience first hand a game at Brookie Oval, for many years i visited every home game and sat on the hill, i want them to feel the thrill also.

My issue is i need to stay in the city its self as i have a function there the next day and we fly into Sydney the Sunday morning.

How hard is it now days to get to Brookie from the City and home again on game day? Can any one offer some advice??

Cheers

QldEagle01 said:
I remember the Wynyard bus, Thanks Bones, is getting home a drama??

A little harder getting back as some buses wont stop at the bus stop near the ground. I usually walk down to the bus stop opposite Warringah Mall and catch one from there on the way back.

bones said:
QldEagle01 said:

A little harder getting back as some buses wont stop at the bus stop near the ground. I usually walk down to the bus stop opposite Warringah Mall and catch one from there on the way back.

Correction.

Straight after each home game - right outside the Main Entrance (on the same side of the road) are all the Wynyard/Central, Manly - and Avalon Buses (these are closer to the Pine Street Entrance).

As soon as they are full they shoot off - L90 will get you all the way to Central via Wynyard.

You only have about 20 minutes after a game, as they have only about 2 for each route and they do fill up quickly.
Any 7-11 or newsagent will sell you a single ride ticket, its best to get these as it saves time.

Hi QldEagle01

Before you catch the bus, buy a Family Funday Sunday ticket from Wynyard Station, costs $2.50 each, and includes Train Bus and Ferry.

The go up to Carrington St, on top of Wynyard Station. There is usually a sign saying buses to Brookvale. Usually either Stand C or D.(There is usually other Manly Fans there) Catch the L85 and it will drop you off at Brookvale Oval. Then after the game, buses leave right outside the ground. Take the L90 and it will drop you off at Wynyard, but make sure you get to the bus quickly as they fill up quickly.

Cameron

HappilyManly said:
bones said:
QldEagle01 said:

Correction.

Straight after each home game - right outside the Main Entrance (on the same side of the road) are all the Wynyard/Central, Manly - and Avalon Buses (these are closer to the Pine Street Entrance).

As soon as they are full they shoot off - L90 will get you all the way to Central via Wynyard.

You only have about 20 minutes after a game, as they have only about 2 for each route and they do fill up quickly.
Any 7-11 or newsagent will sell you a single ride ticket, its best to get these as it saves time.

I usually head to the Leagues Club after the game so I wasn't aware of the buses you mention.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2