Manly vs Rabbids [Round 22 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
GAME: RABBITOHS V SEA EAGLES DATE: FRIDAY 8TH AUGUST, 2014
VENUE: SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND NRL KICK OFF: 7.45PM [NINE]
REFEREE: Ben Cummins VIDEO REFEREES: Steve Clark
ASSIST REFEREE: Chris James   Henry Perenara
TOUCH JUDGES: Steve Carrall EVALUATOR: Russell Smith
  Brett Suttor MATCH DAY COACH: Russell Smith
STANDBY: Jon Stone JERSEY COLOUR: Pink

RABBITOHS V SEA EAGLES - FRI 8 AUG, 7:40PM (LOCAL), ALLIANZ STADIUM :huh: (nrl.com its the SCG :exclamation:)

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon <- Still no Captain at Manly #crisis
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Tom Symonds
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Justin Horo
16 James Hasson
17 Jason King

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Rabbitohs
1 Greg Inglis (c)
2 Alex Johnston
3 Dylan Walker
4 Kirisome Auva'a
5 Lote Tuqiri
6 Luke Keary
7 Adam Reynolds
8 George Burgess
9 Issac Luke
10 Dave Tyrrell
11 Kyle Turner
12 Ben Te'o
13 Sam Burgess

Interchange
14 Jason Clark
15 Ben Lowe
16 Chris McQueen
17 Thomas Burgess
18 Luke Burgess
19 Bryson Goodwin
20 Joe Picker

Coach: Michael Maguire

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/14/rd2_match_highlights_sea_eagles_v_rabbitohs.html

ManlyVsRabbits2.jpg

The wabbits have a pretty big bench named, what's the go with that?

Game of the year so far, and now I'm back in Queensland naturally the 2nd game ( meanwhile we watch the Donkeys who have lost 6 of the last 7 games ).

Oh well doesn't matter I'm cooking a camp oven in the bush on Friday night and there isn't even TV where I am.

Just have to record the game and watch it if we win .

The Wheel said:
The wabbits have a pretty big bench named, what's the go with that?

There are a couple of injury concerns, including Sam Bejeesus. Sutton's already out so just the standard ducks n drakes for a big game.

I don't think we'll care who runs on for them, and the better their team is leaves no room for excuses.

Jake Friend joins SBW and Tupou out for the Chooks (up to a month with a hamstring).

So as we say, injuries to key men at the worst time will influence the direction of the premiership again.

(Unless you're one of ours, like Choc and Skivy, who'd play in plaster if needed).

http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
6 Aug 2014Manly DailyJon Geddes
Forwards aim to hit Souths for six
EAGLES OUT TO SHOW MIGHT IN SCG STOUSH

MANLY’S quiet achievers are unfazed about taking on the headline grabbers from South Sydney when the sides clash at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night.

Justin Horo during Manly rugby league training at the Sydney Academy of Sport yesterday.

While the big Rabbitohs pack spearheaded by the Burgess brothers were widely regarded as the litmus test for rivals, the Sea Eagles forwards with few big names have been getting the job done week after week with little fanfare.

And Manly backrower Justin Horo said the prospect posed by the challenge helped to fire him up for Friday’s showdown.

“They are known as an elite pack,” Horo said.
“They have proved it over the last couple of years that they are tough to handle when those guys get going.”
They may lack the same high profiles as Souths but Horo said that the Sea Eagles pack had all the selfconfidence it needed.

“We’ve just been kind of doing our job and we feel we have the backs to finish off the job, so we’ll be looking to do that again,” Horo said.

“I think the only game we felt like we haven’t performed well as a forward pack was the Tigers game early in the year at Leichhardt Oval.
“We just felt like we were getting rolled the whole game.”

The Sea Eagles forwards stood up to Souths bullyboy tactics when they won their round two clash 14-12 at Central Coast Stadium.
It was a display of real character spearheaded by co-captain Jason King, who lifted the side with his verbal stoush with Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess.

“That was good, we enjoyed that,” Horo said. “That was after I made an error and Kingy had come to my aid so I appreciated that.
“I’m pretty sure if we are to get over them it’s going to be a tough battle through the middle again.”

And Horo was unconcerned about the amount of recognition that the Manly pack had received.

“There are no really big egos in this team,” he said.
“I’m happy being part of the forward pack and getting wins, so that is all that matters to me.”

In a strange way I wouldnt be too upset to see Souths win, will make them the media darlings and favourites. We can continue on to win the GF under the radar with no pressure while the media have their love affair with Souths

What :huh:

Manly to keep the winning feeling for as long as physically possible.

There is no pressure on Manly, as our position on the ladder is almost ignored by the Media.

Rorters and Rabbids are favourites in the Media as we speak :sleepy:

Just last night one hack was saying how 'Its the closest competition ever, so Manly's 2 game lead is not that great' :huh:
Its not close, its 40% better than the Rabbids/Penriff, as there are only 5 games left :exclamation:

I would love this Manly Team to have the honour of a Minor Premiership to add to their long list of achievements :)

Roger souths are already the media darlings
You watch the media turn this into " The Souths fairy tale " this upcoming finals series.

It makes me sick just thinking about it.

If Souths were to win on Friday they would turn in the media's eyes premiership favourites but not in mine.

You only have to look back to round 2 this year to see and know that our boys will be up for it this week and will be in the game right up until the end.

Manly still minor premiership favourites to me and I want to see us win it then onto the main prize of the grand final.

I appreciate Horo's honesty in saying they were rolled by the Tiges' forwards but I wouldn't say that is the only time this year.
Definitely we were rolled by the Bulldogs (who admittedly seemed to play about 15 forwards during that match). Thankfully I missed the loss to Brisbane but I daresay it happened then. Also for periods of other matches we have won.
Even the last three wins have been more about us capitilising on relatively rare attacking opportunities and then holding out with great goal-line defence. Not saying we were rolled but certainly we didn't dominate territorily and I don't think we want to rely on this same formula with Souths.

Roger said:
In a strange way I wouldnt be too upset to see Souths win, will make them the media darlings and favourites. We can continue on to win the GF under the radar with no pressure while the media have their love affair with Souths

I kind of agree but it's never good to see those toothless, metho guzzling junkies get any kind of break in life.

Remember, if you've ever had your car broken into, had your wallet nicked or been glassed in a pub, it was probably by a card carrying, pet membershipped bunnys imbecile.
Keep the foot on their mixo throats I say.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6