Manly vs St George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Now with Trex having at least a few weeks on the sideline and no Matai and perhaps even no Gift, what are our chances of beating the Goons next week? I think we will come out and put in a big performance and come away with a big win. I think Whare will have a massive game aswell.

We're always a chance as we showed tonight because our guys won't stop competing. But traditionally the Dragons have been our bogey side and if we happened to get up it will be a huge win. Definite underdogs.

Brett will score three tries then announce a new two year deal with the Eagles.

bob dylan said:
Brett will score three tries then announce a new two year deal with the Eagles.

I would love to see that

Masked Eagle said:
We're always a chance as we showed tonight because our guys won't stop competing. But traditionally the Dragons have been our bogey side and if we happened to get up it will be a huge win. Definite underdogs.

Yes, we don't usually go well against the queens. Let's break that hoodoo on Sat. Hopefully we will get back Gifty and Joe

It would be great to g stewart and big joe back for this one. If not, maybe bring gorgeous back into the squad. I think we need some experience in the pigs.

And it would be great to replace t-rex on the left attack with buhrer's hole running. not sure how to get some 'impact' (and utility cover for the backs) onto the bench though.

Put in that big unit that looks like t-Rex
And at the last minute swap jerseys
With T-Rex, nobody will notice!
Seriously need joe and gift Back or kiss this one goodbye too, unless play like we did last year against roosters & Brisbane when we were well down on troops.

Ian Martin tragic said:
'Put in that big unit that looks like t-Rex'

who dat?

Fabian Goodall i think? Manly Daily had a story on him.

Buhrer must be in starting line up IMO!!!! Got so much talent. Was everywhere when he came on last night. Was our best player and only played half a game.

I agree Buhrer has to start. He is young, fit, smart and will get 80 minutes. He came in and took a lot of pressure off our kickers last night.

Foran is probably annoyed at his performance last night, he didn't have much luck but he'd probably be the first to say you make your own. I reckon he might have a point to prove to himself next week, also pretty sure the dragons would of hoped we won last night, cause now we have to up the momentum to stay in touch.
Should be a great game, hard to believe it's not on free to air.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tooves said on triple M last night Glenn is at least 2 weeks away

A long lay-off for a broken thumb, don't you think? Can't they just strap it up?

Our recent record at WIN is less than impressive. In fact, our record against the joint-venture club is pretty piss-poor with only a couple of wins against them.

Still, I reckon we'll bounce back after last night and give it a real shot.

If we play like we did last night and let the Merge out enthuse us, then they will win comfortably. We were flat and got belted out of it in the first half. Too many errors and a horrible completion rate.

We always seem to get The Dragqueens when we are down on numbers, whether injury, suspension or rep footy.

They will be hot favourites with Cooper and Scott back in.Williams,Stewart,Matai and Joe out makes it extremely difficult against bogey side at bogey ground.Overall though I dont think losses gainst sharks and dragons away given the injuries and suspension is anything to be overly worried about in the grand scheme of things.

simon_eagle said:
A long lay-off for a broken thumb, don't you think? Can't they just strap it up?

Spoken like someone who's never had hand surgery.
Plus, it's Matai with the broken thumb. Gift ripped finger tendons off the bone.
These things take time to heal after surgery. No quick fix.

Just taken my daughter to the RPA hospital with a severed tendon on her thumb (be careful opening tin cans people). Plaster on for five weeks then physio. Not a quick mend.

DSM5 said:
Just taken my daughter to the RPA hospital with a severed tendon on her thumb (be careful opening tin cans people). Plaster on for five weeks then physio. Not a quick mend.

Fresh us best, if possible.

WAMF said:
simon_eagle said:

Spoken like someone who's never had hand surgery.
Plus, it's Matai with the broken thumb. Gift ripped finger tendons off the bone.
These things take time to heal after surgery. No quick fix.

Thanks for the clarification, WAMF. Gift's injury sounds painful enough.

DSM5 said:

Hope her thumb recovers quickly mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7