Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd AGM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Notice of the AGM should have been received by post by members (If not update your postal address by calling the Leagues Club on 02 9939 6722)

Notice of the Seventh Annual General Meeting

Tuesday 21st December 2010

Who is the Football Club?

The Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club first entered the first-grade competition in 1947.

For most of the last 60 or so years, the Football Club was the official “owner” of the team that participated in the NSWRL and ARL competitions.

In the last 10 years or so we have seen the Super League War, the Northern Eagles joint venture and private ownership with the Delmege & Penn families who have brought so much to the Sea Eagles.

A lot has changed but what hasn’t changed is this - The Football Club is 100% run by its members – you, me and other passionate supporters of the club

The Football Club has an elected Board and anyone who has been a member for the required time can vote in and stand for elections.

Right now, we have a great Board, made up of passionate Manly fans from a variety of backgrounds, all volunteering their time to support the Sea Eagles.

Why should I be a member of the Football Club?

The Football Club has a real say in the direction of the Sea Eagles through representation at the board room table.

Things have changed since Super League days but we of course all want to protect the heritage of the club and by holding a deciding vote on where we play, what we are called and in what colours we take the field the Football Club does this.

For those of you who vowed never to see the club play in Northern Eagles colours on the Central Coast or have concerns at how many home games are played away from Brookie you need to help protect this preference vote.

What will the Football Club do over the next few years?

The Football Club wants members to continue their rightful place as part-owners of the Sea Eagles, so our #1 priority over the next 5 years is to fund the purchase of new shares in the NRL franchise.

This is not about buying back existing shares from the private owners It’s actually about new capital that will help secure the financial future of the team.

At the same time, the Football Club is working with the Sea Eagles to preserve the things that we all care so passionately about: Brookvale Oval, our colours, our emblem and our name.

We’re not just about defending the great history & traditions of this Club. - We need you, the supporters as members to play a central role in the future of the Sea Eagles.

What else does the Football Club do?

The Football Club also exists to help support former Manly players and working with the Men of League Foundation (Which of course quite rightly has been promoted on here?) we provide financial support and other assistance to former players.

How does the Football Club relate to Sea Eagles season ticket membership?
Simple: We’d encourage fans to show their support of the team by buying a Sea Eagles ticket package as this provides much needed funds to the running of the team and the support crew however, if you are not able to get to Fortress Brookvale on a regular basis don’t worry there is still a range of supporter packages for you to support your team

See here to join or renew your Sea Eagles package at the Sea Eagles website

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=membership-home

The Club has an incredible heritage and we know there is a passionate supporter base for the team and this is your chance to stand up and show us where you are.

By joining the Football Club, along with purchasing tickets to games, merchandise, and your Sea Eagles package, you’re showing not only that you’re committed to the maroon & white you’re showing that you want to have a say in the future of the Sea Eagles, and that you’re willing to do something about it!

By working together with our private owners and by injecting new capital into the Sea Eagles, your membership of the Football Club helps build a future every bit as bright as the last 60 years have been

To renew or join the Football Club see here

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/docs/football-club-application.pdf

vidmar link said:
Right now, we have a great Board
Such humility lol
vidmar link said:
our #1 priority over the next 5 years is to fund the purchase of new shares in the NRL franchise.
The Football Club also exists to help support former Manly players and working with the Men of League Foundation (Which of course quite rightly has been promoted on here?) we provide financial support and other assistance to former players.
Vid, isn't it the case that the FC is also charged with responsibility for helping promote the game in our area, and with overseeing and assisting the local junior league?
Has the FC considered what ramifications the IC may have for the game at grass roots level?
Will there be any report to members about this at the AGM?
cheers

vid i recieved something in the mail, am i supposed to vote ?? i dont  knw somethinmg about a proxy vote?? i thought the guys who are on the board representing the MWRLFC  did the voting??

No Jjai, like in any organisation the members vote....if you ca't be at the meeting (I can't and will grant my Proxy to Vid) you give your vote to another person, it's called a Proxy Vote. You don't have to do that but it means your vote is wasted. You have to trust the person who you give your proxy to (to vote as you would or at least in the proper way).

By the way EVERYONE om here should at least be a member of the FC, you can chose to punish the Sea Eagles if that rocks your boat but the FC is a vital part of our Football Team and more members means more money for them to do what they do.

jjai link said:
vid i recieved something in the mail, am i supposed to vote ?? i dont  knw somethinmg about a proxy vote?? i thought the guys who are on the board representing the MWRLFC  did the voting??

G'day mate,
If you look at the note headed "Notice of Seventh Annual General Meeting" and see point 3 Under the NOTES heading it will explain the voting process and point 4 explains how to send notice of a proxy (a person that you task to vote on your behalf)

There are only 5 agenda points on the note which mainly cover usual company business.

I'm guessing there will be a vote to return the current board and that the roles the individuals on it perform continue so unless you want to nominate yourself (assuming you are eligible?) or others that would probably be the main "Aye or nay" vote.

As you've maybe seen a number of people get me to be their proxy so if you want me to vote on your behalf or want more details email me at [email protected] ?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291240656[/time]

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186066.msg308256#msg308256 date=1291208576]
Right now, we have a great Board
Such humility lol
vidmar link said:
our #1 priority over the next 5 years is to fund the purchase of new shares in the NRL franchise.
Vid, isn't it the case that the FC is also charged with responsibility for helping promote the game in our area, and with overseeing and assisting the local junior league?
Has the FC considered what ramifications the IC may have for the game at grass roots level?
Will there be any report to members about this at the AGM?
cheers

[/quote]

Correct SER8 - check your PM you have mail

ok i will vid, thanks

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291256397[/time]

check ya pm vidz  lol..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291256961[/time]

hey Vid , disregard the PM  just reply to the email ...

Just a reminder that the Football Club AGM will be held on Tuesday 21st December 2010 at 7.00 pm at the Leagues Club.

Hope to see a few of you there

I'll be there Vid. Don't have a vote yet as I have only been a member for a little over a year but might as well be a part of the process.

vidmar link said:

Can someone confirm something for me. The above link has a membership application which has 1 year $25 but on the leagues website membership link where the above doc can be obtained it has 3 years $25 or 1 year $15. Also when I signed up for ticketed membership I also went with leagues club membership for $10 which I received a card today but states on the paper it came with this class of membership is not entitled to member promotions ??? What membership did I buy for $10?

damn. I meant to fax the proxy form to the Secretary but didn't manage to get around to it (read: I forgot). Is it too late to fax through tomorrow morning? I know the form says 48hrs prior to the meeting. If I'm too late, I wont bother faxing the proxy off.

Adam link said:

Can someone confirm something for me. The above link has a membership application which has 1 year $25 but on the leagues website membership link where the above doc can be obtained it has 3 years $25 or 1 year $15. Also when I signed up for ticketed membership I also went with leagues club membership for $10 which I received a card today but states on the paper it came with this class of membership is not entitled to member promotions ??? What membership did I buy for $10?
[/quote]

Vid will prob clear it up better,but the leagues club has 1,3 and 5 year memberships.That's Manly leagues on Pittwater Road.The footy club is for 1 year,and will give you ENTRY only to the leagues club,but not to any promotions by that club.That is your membership to the Manly Warringah Football Club.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1292852671[/time]

Should add,that membership that went along with your Sea Eagles membership WAS for the FOOTBALL club,NOT the leagues club.(although as above,you get ENTRY into the club)

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Adam link=topic=186066.msg310046#msg310046 date=1292841660]

[/quote]

Vid will prob clear it up better,but the leagues club has 1,3 and 5 year memberships.That's Manly leagues on Pittwater Road.The footy club is for 1 year,and will give you ENTRY only to the leagues club,but not to any promotions by that club.That is your membership to the Manly Warringah Football Club.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1292852671[/time]

Should add,that membership that went along with your Sea Eagles membership WAS for the FOOTBALL club,NOT the leagues club.(although as above,you get ENTRY into the club)
[/quote]

When I renewed my Sea Eagles Membership way back in September, I also ticked the box next to the optional extras only option titled:

"Manly Leagues and Football Club Membership Upgrade
Upgrade your Sea Eagles membership to include Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club and Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club membership at a discounted price."

and added a note requesting clarification as to whether the $10 payment was for both Leagues & Football Club membership but if it was a choice of one over the other then I was requesting Football Club Membership but as yet I have heard and received nothing but a confirmation e-mail for a receipt for Sea Eagle Membership.

Adam link said:

[/quote]

The upgrade (Tick box) on the Sea Eagles membership is an upgrade to membership of the Football Club (which is a discount on the normal fee of $25) – this is to add extra value to Sea Eagles membership and to help grow the Football Club membership base.

As an added benefit the upgraded membership also gives a special Leagues Club membership (This will allow access to the club but doesn’t include such things as voting tights on Leagues Club matters, you can’t sign people in to the club or get other club benefits.)

In effect it is to encourage people and make it easier for them to access the Leagues Club particularly on game days for example (Note that the Leagues Club contribute considerable funds to the Sea Eagles so any cash you spend in there will help that continue?)

The Football Club receives the additional fees that come from this upgrade

There is from time to time some confusion as to the make up of the “Sea Eagles family” so hopefully this will help clear things up - sorry it is a little long but hopefully people, will find it interesting and informative (this is current as of 1 December 2010)

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles "Family" at the senior level is made up of three (3) separate legal entities, each with their own Constitution and Board of Directors.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited ("Sea Eagles")

• Privatised company that holds the NRL Licence and participates in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition.
• Contracts players, coaches and administration staff, conducts Game Days at Brookvale Oval, provides Corporate Hospitality and Sponsorship opportunities, markets and sells merchandise and membership, and operates the websites http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/ and http://www.seaeaglekids.com/.
• Public Company Limited by Shares.
• Four shareholders - Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club, Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club, Penn Sport and Surfside (Quantum Energy)

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited ("Football Club")
• Public Company Limited by Guarantee (ie no shareholders).
• Membership based company to which the Life Members and Members belong.
• Owns 13.93% of the ordinary shares in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.
• Holds one Preference Share in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours.  The preference share guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited ("Leagues Club")
• Registered Club operating licensed premises at 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale.
• Provides entertainment and facilities to League Club members and guests.
• Facilities include Brasserie 563, Lyon's Den Sports Bar, bars, function rooms & poker machines.
• Owns 8.83% of the ordinary shares in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 1 December 2010

Penn Sport 40.34%

Surfside (Quantum Energy) 36.90%

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.93%

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 8.83%

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

Structure of the Board of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

• 1 Chairman (one of the seven Directors, appointed by 75% board approval)
• 2 Directors appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited
• 2 Directors appointed by Penn Sport Pty Ltd
• 2 Directors appointed by Surfside (Quantum Energy)
• 1 Director appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited

Directors of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 1 December 2010
• Scott Penn (Chairman and Penn Sport appointee)
• Bob Reilly (Football Club appointee)
• Melinda Gainsford-Taylor (Football Club appointee)
• Phil Sidney (Quantum appointee)
• Drew Townsend (Quantum appointee)
• Kerry Chrysiliou (Penn Sport appointee)
• Peter Spray (Manly Leagues Club appointee)

Directors of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited as at 1 December 2010

• Bob Reilly (Chairman)
• Peter Bryant
• Cliff Lyons
• Damian Smith
• Bob Stevenson
• Philip Dean (Company Secretary)

Directors of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited as at 1 December 2010

• Bob Reilly (Chairman)
• Peter Bryant
• Max Delmege
• Peter Peters
• Kerry Sibraa
• Brian Smith
• Damian Smith

Post  automatically merged: [time]1292880997[/time]

WAMF (and others) as the AGM is tonight and the rule re Proxy votes is that they need to be with the secretary 48 hours before the meeting then the deadline has passed.

In answer to the 1, 3 & 5 year memebrship options - this is only available for the Leagues Club NOT the Football Club (membership is for 1 year only and runs from 1 Jan to 31st Dec)

vidmar link said:
The upgrade (Tick box) on the Sea Eagles membership is an upgrade to membership of the Football Club (which is a discount on the normal fee of $25) – this is to add extra value to Sea Eagles membership and to help grow the Football Club membership base.

I ticked that box when I renewed my Sea Eagles Membership back in September.  My question to you though Vid is should I have received some sort of notification from the Football Club by now that I am now a member of the Football Club?

G'day Vidmar,

Thanks for that post laying out the structure, I have a question....Could you please explain how or who chooses prospective board members to represent the football club at the Manly Sea Eagles 7 person board?

I have been a football club member (voting eligible) since 2003 and don't ever recall voting in Bob Reilly & Melinda Gainsford-Taylor (not that I disagree because they are great people and board members)

Jethro link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186066.msg310066#msg310066 date=1292880699]

I ticked that box when I renewed my Sea Eagles Membership back in September.  My question to you though Vid is should I have received some sort of notification from the Football Club by now that I am now a member of the Football Club?
[/quote]

As MWSE will have received the info/revenue etc they then pass over to the Leagues Club who manage our membership/card processing etc.

I'm not involved in that side so not sure of the frequency of data transfer from them, how often the update of the FC data base is being done or whether cards etc are being sent prior to the end of the year or sent at the close of the year/membership.

Appreciate that you'd like to see some confimation but until I find out more I can't comment.

Let me find out tonight at the AGM and will post on here when i know more?

Joey link said:
G'day Vidmar,

Thanks for that post laying out the structure, I have a question....Could you please explain how or who chooses prospective board members to represent the football club at the Manly Sea Eagles 7 person board?

I have been a football club member (voting eligible) since 2003 and don't ever recall voting in Bob Reilly & Melinda Gainsford-Taylor (not that I disagree because they are great people and board members)

Joey, the constitution of the club stipulates that:

25.2 Appointment of Directors to the Manly Sea Eagles
(a) The Board may appoint two persons with appropriate business qualifications, skills and experience to represent the Company as Directors of the Manly Sea Eagles.
(b) A person appointed under clause 25.2(a) may or may not be a Director of the Company.
(c) The Board may revoke the appointment of a person under clause 25.2(a) at any time and may appoint another person in their place.

Understandably, we will pick the best people (in our opinion) for the role.

Hope this helps?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4