Manly Will Win Comp: Steve Roach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
From the Illawarra Mercury.

BLOCKER: Why Manly will win
Sept. 13, 2013, 3:03 a.m.

Given everything I've seen this season and barring any further major injuries, Manly will win the competition.

The Roosters were brilliant last week, the Rabbitohs have their best shot in years and September and the Storm go together. But I've got this feeling about the Sea Eagles.

Forget the rest, they can't win the competition from there.

No NRL side finishing five through eight has won the grand final since the concept was introduced in 2000. That says it all, really.

Let's get back to Manly, though, and more specifically Brett Stewart.

He's as fit as I've seen him for a long time. He's got his pace back and I reckon he's completely shed all those injury worries he's had throughout the season.

I can't underestimate the importance of speed when it comes to the top fullbacks in the game.

Those No 1s who can chime into the backline with speed can get on the outside of their man and draw that extra defender in.

That's the key to creating the space and subsequent points.

I think Manly almost have the best exponent of that in the competition in the form of Stewart. He's even more damaging than Billy Slater and Greg Inglis in some respects.

The Sea Eagles have some incredible statistics about how they struggle when Stewart isn't in their side.

Given he's back and healthy now, I think they can go on and win the title.

The hardest challenge for them is actually making the grand final. Once they get there, winning will almost be the easy part.

Can you imagine the psychological advantage they'll get if they beat the Roosters tomorrow night?

It doesn't sound like much, but that extra day's rest they're going to get at this time of year is extremely important.

Beat Penrith last Sunday and they would have played Souths tonight. That's a very short turnaround for this time of year.

I know they were far from their best against the Panthers, but they'll bounce back for sure.

I've got some real reservations about Melbourne defending their title.

They've been dominant over the past decade with some of the best players we're likely ever to see, but they're all a year older now.

I don't know whether they're as potent as they once used to be. I could be wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong about the Bulldogs, though.

History says they had to finish higher to be a threat in this year's finals. Besides that, they don't have the X-factor of the top four sides.

Ben Barba took them to the grand final last year, but he's barely played this year.

They've looked sluggish and I don't think you can turn it on like a light switch come finals time. Don't be surprised if Newcastle send them straight out the back door in week one.

I'd agree with him if Brett Stewart plays.

He's as fit as I've seen him for a long time. He's got his pace back and I reckon he's completely shed all those injury worries he's had throughout the season.

I hope he knows something about Snakes fitness that we don't.

So long as Manly believe that they can get #9 and start the 'B2B with 2V Campaign' going, we can enjoy the coming weeks :angel:

Corey Parker and Jarrod Hayne also tip Manly :)

Telegraph Sports Twitter has used the Manly image in it's Profile, for weeks now :)
https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport

This worries me a bit - Blocker is not a great tipster, and he seems to be neglecting the seriousness of Snake's injury.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news blocker but snake has just been made unavailable for our match v chooks.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/misc.php?swmc=add_post

Guys as much as I hope and pray we get the title this year, I really can't see it happening.....roosters and bunnies to fight it out, with the bunnies taking the 2013 title

Easts verses Souths in the big one this year

Snake being out: Easts 13+ tomorrow

No Stewart, NO Grand final day

Just the way I see it.

Just the nature of how finals games goes

We have seen in previous years once a team gets on a roll they are hard to stop

I can see all the hallmarks of last years 4v5 play off against the dogs coming to the table tomorrow night

We are going to get frustrated by our not being able to get over the try- line.We will try and bash and crash them but they will hold there own in defense

I feel we will be competitive for most of the night but I can see the roosters getting all over us in the last 20 mins

That is only my opinion

I am not a betting man at all but if I were Easts 13+ are specials now.

Maybe Blocker knows the Stewart family down in the `Gong and has some inside info about his fitness that we don't know about? I definitely hope so.

Even if Snake is out, at least for tomorrow nights game, I'm still confident of 2 things. That Peta Hiku can do the job at FB, and that we can still beat the Roosters.

Either way, I reckon if you ask the Chooks they'll be preparing as if Snake is going to be out there and firing (standard line isn't it.....) They'd be stupid not to.

davohan123 said:
Easts verses Souths in the big one this year

Snake being out: Easts 13+ tomorrow

No Stewart, NO Grand final day

Just the way I see it.

That's about yout 10th post death riding us. I'm losing my will to live ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6