Manly wins all three grades

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I know that Canberra were ravaged by injury and had nothing to play for. However it should be noted that Manly won all three grades last night.

Their reserve grade and Flegg teams were playing for their semi-final lives and positions. Our Flegg team knocked them out of the running in a surprise win and we secured a top four position in PL.

The Flegg win would be quite satisfying as though we were out of the running, many of our team were SG Ball boys who lost the Semi of that competition to the eventual winners, Canberra.

Despite the gloom and doom it looks as if we have a few crack youngsters in the system. Reports from a contact close to the team say that a couple of these guys are two years younger than the guys they are up against and have made the step up in the last 10 weeks. Claim is that the future is bright!!!

I think the Canberra PL side was in 3rd place, we may have stolen their spot with our victory yesterday. Their also the form attacking team in the PL competition, will be worth watching in the finals.

There are about 2 Flegg guys I reckon can make it, the rest of the talent comes form the SG Ball side.

My tip for the next couple of years.....

Aaron Groom, Innoxi Tapatoutai, Sean Meaney, Tom Joseph.

Sean Meaney must be personally coached by Tezza. Watching the boys play the dragons last weekend he did not shut up, he was having a running battle with one fella all night. Great stuff!!!

The 2nd rower Offerdahl (I think) looks to have some promise. I would include him in the above list.

Since the JF tems inherited 7 or 8 the SG Ball team they have become a very good side. More impressive is that these SG Ball guys are at least 2 years younger than the age limit allows.

There has been some critiscm of Noel Cleal on this site in regard to talent development, I wonder where his critics are now?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2