Manly's all-time biggest rivals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly's all time biggest rivalry?

• Parramatta

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Balmain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Souths

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Easts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Sydney

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Referees

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

ManlyArmy

Bencher
In my opinion I find our rivalry with Parra is one of the best we have. It always gets the heart pumping. With the history between the too, its the biggest for me.[/b]

Poll: Manly's all-time biggest rivals

Past days EELS, different in the modern era....greatest rivalry now would the team we play on Monday night

RE: Poll: Manly's all-time biggest rivals

They're not my most hated team (they aren't even in the top 3) but I have no doubt that our biggest rivalry is with Parramatta.

Wests fibros? Maybe they considered us their rivals more than we considered them... at all... but they would probably be worth a mention. Before my time but lots of history there.

I voted for the bears cos those games always had something extra - even if they never rivalled our success.

Since they were put out of their misery tho the scum have taken their place and then some.

Western Division, never forget the Amco Cup when they advanced to the final on a penalty countback.

Re: Poll: Manly's all-time biggest rivals

It's Parra, easily. They've been our enemies from day one & the fact that we still hate them so much despite how terrible they've been over the years says a lot.

Burn down Parra Stadium but make sure the fans are inside this time.

Difficult to go past the eels and that flying wedge tactic. Melbourne is a close second because of 07.

Wolfpack said:
It's Parra, easily. They've been our enemies from day one & the fact that we still hate them so much despite how terrible they've been over the years says a lot.

Really? There was no great rivalry with them until the mid-70s.

Seriously how can Wests not be an option.

All time is Parra, Norths were next as local but they dont exist anymore in the NRL.

Recently Storm then Dogs especially with parra being crap for most of the last decade

Phantar said:
Wolfpack said:

Really? There was no great rivalry with them until the mid-70s.
I could be wrong but i would have thought there was some sort of rivalry from the outset simply because they both entered the premiership the same year.

But nothing like the rivalry Manly enjoyed with Norths, or teams that we'd played in GFs like Souths and Saints, and later the Roosters and Sharks - from the 50s onwards. Balmain was another outfit where there was a healthy level of respect and rivalry between the two clubs.

Parramatta and Manly didn't play a finals game against each other until the mid-70s. And Parramatta had been terrible for most of the preceding 30-odd seasons.

They may be crap right now, but for me the Slimeys will always be our eternal enemy, nothing revoltes me more than when we lose to them. I support 2 teams, Manly and who ever smashes them.

It has changed over the decades; First was Souffs. Then Wests. Then Parra and now it is Melbourne, with the Dogs looming as the next main rivals.
It's hard to call Parra rivals becausde they have been so poor for so long, and don;t look like improving.

Traditionally it has been Parramatta. I still take great pleasure in their misery.

But lately it has been the Scum. They're cheats and they cost us a title. I almost felt sorry for the Squeels when they lost to the cheating Scum.

But all have been surpassed by Des and his kebab munchers. Not only are they salary cap cheats but they tried to import our success because they can't create their own. Roll on Round 14. Can't wait to watch them stand in their own in goal again and again.

Phantar said:
But nothing like the rivalry Manly enjoyed with Norths, or teams that we'd played in GFs like Souths and Saints, and later the Roosters and Sharks - from the 50s onwards. Balmain was another outfit where there was a healthy level of respect and rivalry between the two clubs.

Parramatta and Manly didn't play a finals game against each other until the mid-70s. And Parramatta had been terrible for most of the preceding 30-odd seasons.

Did we not play the final game of 1947 with both teams on the bottom of the ladder, the loser destened for the wooden spoon? (Guess who won?)

Without a doubt its gotta be Manly's coming back, a good try will do it.

So How do you feel! I feel like a Tooheys or two LA BREW :) Make mine 5 cougars thanks LOL :)

Always got my emotions going and thus why to this day I have hated the slime.

Tooheys LA Brew

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7