Manly's Best Ever Five-Eighths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

Who would you add to the list of players to be voted upon for the 60th Dream Team of Manly's best ever. This may be controversial as Bozo started as a five-eighth and goes down in history as one of the best ever for Australia and an immortal. Of course there is another five-eighth that will demand much attention?

My guess is that nominees would be:

Bob Fulton (though more likely to be a centre)
Cliff Lyons
Ian Martin
Alan Thompson

All four are champions and I can't think of two many others to make the list in such lofty company.

(What we would do to have someone of this calibre for this year?) Maybe we should have stuck with Jye Mullane. :lie: :lol: :naughty:

Bob Fulton - no brainer. I can't believe he was shoved to the centres later on though !!!

Apart from that, Michael Buettner, when Ikin went to fullback. Jason Taylor / Michael Buettner were a nasty halves combination, but so was Taylor / Ikin. Ikin was almost Lockyer like in his prime. Fullback up to 5/8, who could slice the line at pace, but still be creative. Then The Sniper - Jason Taylor in his prime...

Ok, Ok, I'm getting excited...

I forget what it was like to support team with a 5/8 in it !!! LoL

Ben Walker - Kicked the winning point in the very 1st golden point game.

Andrew Walker - 1st dual international since Craig Innes.

Andrew Walker - 1st dual international since Craig Innes.

Yep, he really knew how to find the "white line" :)

This is to easy though I guess it's between Bob and Cliffy. Its a good list CW.

Fulton should be considered as a centre IMO.

Wally O connell is another you could put on the list

No a 5/8 - actually if you are interested I will bring his autobiograpghy down to Brookie for you to read at the Trial or Round 1.

I have been meaning to get a copy actually but have to get to the club to buy it.

I may ask to borrow it - though the next free time I have to read a book is in December! :lol:

In all seriousness, Cliffy for sure..

Whilst Bozo was a capable 5/8th, he should always be remembered as a centre!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6