Manlys best signing for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Without the resigning of DCE I doubt most of the players we signed would have come. I don't even want to fathom what our team list would look like if we didn't resign him.

Without the resigning of DCE I doubt most of the players we signed would have come. I don't even want to fathom what our team list would look like if we didn't resign him.
Agree. And I summise that that signing came with the promise of a new coach. So therefore Barrett is the best signing. Proof that the Unknown will always hold more allure than the known.

With only a few weeks left, I'd say Lussick has been our best signing for the year, so far. He has exceeded my expectations.
I don't know what word means the opposite of exceed... but if I did, I could apply it to a few of the other signings.
Myles, Parcell, Walker, Taupau - I expected a little more from them.

With only a few weeks left, I'd say Lussick has been our best signing for the year, so far. He has exceeded my expectations.
I don't know what word means the opposite of exceed... but if I did, I could apply it to a few of the other signings.
Myles, Parcell, Walker, Taupau - I expected a little more from them.
Taupau has done OK-he has done his work

Best signings for me are-

Lussick (probably the best prop and or forward this year IMO he has been brilliant)

Koroisau (has given us 100% every game, also given us destructive defence, zip, ball playing and kicking)

Fonua-Blake (isnt being given enough minutes but has been great in his short time on the field each game, was selected for city remember only to be found of NZ eligibility)

Green would be our best signing in terms of form Vs expectation by a country mile.

Lussick was very average for the first half of a season, Taupau has been more consistent by far.

Parcell when on the field well above Api who tries hard but is lacking in the skillset of passing and stifling DCE.

Walker has been our best centre but hasn't played much, thats the problem

We've signed well this year but Taupau is head and shoulders above the rest. We've lacked that real mongrel x factor forward for a number of years. Whilst we probably haven't had 1 enforcer we had a pack of tough players like watmough, gift, Kingy who hunted in a pack. But with the loss of them we lost our intimidation....Taupau will give us that in spades.
An enforcer who missed 3 games (all that we lost) and gave away the winning penalty vs the Eels even though the refs were in on a fix.
I vote Parcell has done nothing wrong and lots right.
NYEagle

I believe we signed a mistake-free slow winger. Mr Plain. Doesn't offer much, but can catch and tackle.

Who we lost & who replaced them (maybe not directly)..... for better or worse

Matt Balin ..... M Parcel ...... injured most of the year
Peter Hiku ...... B Williame ...disastrous start to the year, now average
Tom Symonds ..N Green ..... disastrous start to the year, now average
Justin Horo ......M Tapau ...... disappointing start now showing his value
James Hassen ..Nate Myles .... hmmm tough comparison
Clint Gutterson Mat Wright .....why did we do that?
Dunamis Lui ..... Darcy Lussick ... back home and showing his Manly ticker
Jesse S Lafao ....L Brown ..... has shown value as a bench utility
M Chee Kam .... Api Korisau ... Api's spark has played a big part in most of our wins & he tackles above his weight
I'm sure there are others I have not mentioned .... feel free

Lussick is our best signing for 2016...while watching the game last night my son said, "Lussick is my favorite player now...Jake 2nd and Tom 3rd". It reminded me how much Darcy's form has improved since the beginning of the season when we were wondering why he was still getting selected in first grade.
Hopefully a few of our other 2016 signings can improve their form in 2017.

Lussick has proved me wrong. 9 out of 10 (10 out of 10 over the past month)
Api. 8 out of 10. He may not be a hooker but he's a great team player and has done us proud. Those who knock him are misguided.
Parcell. 6 out of 10. Would have been higher had he played more matches.
Kapow. 6 out of 10. Playing much better now and I look forward to him being even better in 2017.
Wright. 6 out of 10. Is a reasonable player. Tries hard, but is not our answer to a fast, athletic winger.
Walker: 4 out of 10. Over hyped. Poor tackler. No structure. And an idiot.
Brown: 4 out of 10. Can anyone see in him what our recruiters did?
Mr Plod: 2 out of 10. Only plays well in that other maroon jersey.

A Koroisau 8/10 really gave us something dangerous out of dummy half and smashes blokes way bigger than him makes heaps of tackles

D Lussick 10/10 buy of the year IMO he turned us back into a more manly side with the aggression

M Taupau 7/10 has been great in the second half of the season is just what we needed in the backrow

Walker 5/10 has shown glimpses but a pre season at 6 killed him

Parcell 6/10 has been solid while playing but makes crucial mistakes after a long break a lot but is still a great player of the future

Brown 5/10 has offered good value off the bench and at centre but has been pretty ordinary most of the time

Myles 4/10 really was no need to buy him apart from keeping DCE

M Wright 7/10 really impressed him all year rarely makes a mistake and is very good in defence

Who we lost & who replaced them (maybe not directly)..... for better or worse

Matt Balin ..... M Parcel ...... injured most of the year
Peter Hiku ...... B Williame ...disastrous start to the year, now average
Tom Symonds ..N Green ..... disastrous start to the year, now average
Justin Horo ......M Tapau ...... disappointing start now showing his value
James Hassen ..Nate Myles .... hmmm tough comparison
Clint Gutterson Mat Wright .....why did we do that?
Dunamis Lui ..... Darcy Lussick ... back home and showing his Manly ticker
Jesse S Lafao ....L Brown ..... has shown value as a bench utility
M Chee Kam .... Api Korisau ... Api's spark has played a big part in most of our wins & he tackles above his weight
I'm sure there are others I have not mentioned .... feel free

Williame was here last year

Walker replaced Hiku

Tough question, for this year Lussick , for long term maybe Parcell , I just have a niggling feeling he will be a real good one. Well done to the recruiters I say, as all the 1st graders we let go are nowhere to be seen at other clubs Gutho apart. I am not really up on who was recruiting before Bozo but their strike rate appears to me to be almost zero in the prior couple of years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6