Manly's big call on World Club Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting debate. In 2009 we were run down a lot of times by opposition teams, having started well in many games. It was put down to innovative fitness training (abandoned the next year) though the WCC could have been an issue, along with the 2009 brouhaha.

In the WCC we took a lot of young players over and played a B team in the first game, so it is hard to quantify the assertions.

Is the travelling the big issue for the players or is it the conditions itself?Maybe 2 hard games before season launch is to much? It would bring in some much needed funds for the club, but player injury must also be a concern. I would like to see it happen. Maybe rest some of the bigger names against St.Helens especially the boys on the kangaroo tour.

2009 was a bad refs call and a stillbirth (rip) away from a premiership, what a load of **** not playing st helens is

J.Lyon would put bums on seats there

Canteen Worker said:
Interesting debate. In 2009 we were run down a lot of times by opposition teams, having started well in many games. It was put down to innovative fitness training (abandoned the next year) though the WCC could have been an issue, along with the 2009 brouhaha.

In the WCC we took a lot of young players over and played a B team in the first game, so it is hard to quantify the assertions.

Incorrect, that was 2010. 2009 was when we lost the first 4 games in a row after losing Brett to a suspension. By Round 6 he had injured his knee. He was back by year end for us to lose to Melbourne in Melbourne in the first week of the finals.

2010 we started off playing Tigers and Parramatta, got to good leads, then lost them. Parra was the infamous Gridiron pass that "wasn't forward" and the Tigers game was when Brett injured himself again.

We only brought Donny Singe back this year. We did the Scientific stuff for 2009 and 2010.

2009, and my reasons for the losses, were the Season Launch when we lost Brett for 4 weeks, and the fact that they welcomed in the 2 ref system in the off season. We didn't get used to that system for a while because we didn't have the trials to get used to it.

Whether we play our trial(s) in the UK or in Australia shouldn't/won't matter. As long as they are trained up into it, and well rested the week after before going back to training after a week at home to rest, they should be fine.

playing a game against st.helens would be a great extra for all you lucky bastards(yeah i'm jealous) who are going over for the w.c.c.

It really does not say how much of a financial gain it is, how about giving the players the extra $ not sure how that can get around the cap

Meanwhile, NSW State of Origin assistant coach Matt Parish is hoping to become Toovey's assistant coach after Kelly Egan decided to join Hasler at Canterbury for next season. Egan was due to arrive at Belmore for 2013.

Parish worked alongside Ricky Stuart in this year's Origin campaign.

anyone know much about this guy?

castle eagle said:
Meanwhile, NSW State of Origin assistant coach Matt Parish is hoping to become Toovey's assistant coach after Kelly Egan decided to join Hasler at Canterbury for next season. Egan was due to arrive at Belmore for 2013.

Parish worked alongside Ricky Stuart in this year's Origin campaign.

anyone know much about this guy?

was a thread here > http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Matt-Parish

If the club could record this trial it would be awesome!
Definitely would buy it.

Might mean we would possibly be the first team to play at St Helens new ground!

I read the article and thought 'why would coward loser ritchie actually write ritchie does another negative story on manly?' - I actually went online to the dt before I went "d'oh". Ahh brain farts, where would we be without them?

Step 1: See what manly is about to do.
Step 2: Make up a neg story about it.
Step 3: Submit story, eat 5 hamburgers and marvel at how well my career and life is.
Step 4: Go to lunch.
Step 5: Repeat until fired.

Insert step 1A: If Manly isn't doing anything, eat 3 hamburgers to cure sadness, troll silvertails.net, find a story to steal, eat 4 'I'm happy again" celebratory hamburgers and continue to step 2.

globaleagle said:
I read the article and thought 'why would coward loser ritchie actually write ritchie does another negative story on manly?' - I actually went online to the dt before I went "d'oh". Ahh brain farts, where would we be without them?

Step 1: See what manly is about to do.
Step 2: Make up a neg story about it.

Sorry ge, that was my bad for putting it in the news item. I almost never do that but saw the story and thought exactly like your step 1,2. They missed doing one yesterday so maybe they had an extra long lunch on Tuesday.

Typical Ritchie rubbish, of course they should have a warm up game. The WCC game is unique and for the players a big deal. They should give themselves the best preparation possible and a warm up game is an important part of that.

You have to feel sorry for Ritchie, the guy is a complete zero.

I thought Matt Parish just signed on as coach of Salford in july 2011 for 3 years.

Salford would be livid i would imagine. They're comp starts earlier then ours doesn't it?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6