Manly's 'Blues Brothers'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Manly's 'Blues Brothers'

7th of July, 2016 10:30am

Jake and Tom Trbojevic, dubbed as ‘players of the future’, are currently enjoying a little taste of what lies ahead for them in the NSW Blues colours.

Named in the NSW Blues squad for Origin III as Development Players on Monday, Manly’s ‘Blues Brothers’ flew to Coffs Harbour on Tuesday to gain valuable experience training with the NSW team ahead of next Wednesday’s Origin match in Sydney.

Manly Coach and former Blues Assistant, Trent Barrett, said it was an amazing opportunity for Jake and Tom.

“It is probably unlikely they are going to get a game (on Wednesday) but they are players of the future,’’ Barrett said.

“What they do off the field, as well as on it, is huge for us. They are Mona Vale juniors and terrific young players. We are very lucky to have them.”

With long serving Manly Captain Jamie Lyon retiring at the end of this season, Barrett had little hesitation in handing the captaincy role to Jake when Lyon was injured for the match against the Gold Coast Titans.

Again, it was a pointer to the ‘future’ at Manly.

“Jake just leads by example. He is a player everyone respects in our club. I like the qualities Jake has right throughout our whole squad,’’ Barrett said after the Titans match.

“Moving forward, if we could have 30 guys in our club with the same morale standings that Jake has got, we will be doing well.”

Manly centre Dylan Walker, a Blues development player last year before playing in the first two Origins this season, congratulated the Trbojevic brothers.

“To see them get called up and to get to train with the (NSW) boys is an experience for them,’’ Walker said.

“I think they will be in the Origin arena for the next decade. They are good kids.”

Following the camp with the Blues, the Trbojevic brothers will return to training to prepare for Manly's vital home match against the NZ Warriors at nib Stadium, Perth, on Saturday, July 16.

http://yi.nzc.am/eoBZ44

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8