Manly's Contract Negotiations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man

I have noticed other clubs are starting to tie up their players contracts long before the previous one has expire. Don't know if anyone know's but an example yesterday:-

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce that player Mark Riddell has today extended his playing contract until the end of the 2009 season.
"I'm really excited to be staying at Parramatta. I love everything about this place and I'm looking forward to the years ahead," Riddell said.
"The Club has shown a lot of faith in me and I know the best way to repay that is by helping the team to be successful," he added.
Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says it is great news for the Club.
"Mark has impressed everyone since he arrived a couple of seasons ago and he is a very popular player both amongst his team mates and with the supporters," Mr Fitzgerald said.

Others that have extended their contracts are Robbie Farrah for example.

I think NOW is the time to think about players like:-

1. Anthony Watmough
2. Brent Kite
3. Brett Stewart (already been done)

It would be ridiculous if these players went to market. Imagine Choc playing for the Storm or something. It would be a sin !!!

What's everyone else think?

Sorry - also have to add though. One issue a club might face if they sign a player from another club year / years in advance, is that there might be a concern for the player CURRENTLY at a club playing in the position that the new person is going to fill.

More upgrades announced:-

Dragons Management are also in the process of discussing upgrades and extensions to the contracts of Ben Hornby, Danny Wicks, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Dan Hunt and Lagi Setu who are presently signed until the end of 2007.

Good onya Fro.
I was going to see how many consecutive posts Ryan could add to his own thread.

Just trying to provide information, and liven up the off season guys.

When is Kitey's contract up? If very soon they should get on to it as he has lifted tremendously. Choc is in real trouble as I just don't know what happened this last year (injury?) but he is headed for Wagga.

When is Kitey's contract up? If very soon they should get on to it as he has lifted tremendously. Choc is in real trouble as I just don't know what happened this last year (injury?) but he is headed for Wagga.
I can see it now.
Monday in the Daily Advertiser " The prodigal son returns home"

After moving to Sydney when he was only 3 days old Anthony Watmough has decide to move his young family back to where he grew up.Parents of John and Irene Watmough of West Wylong , just minutes from Wagga , Choc used to ply his trade on the dusty grounds of Staunton Oval.

Speaking from his home in Nth Ashmont , Choc said he was very happy to be home in the City of Good Sports and was pleased to be away from the hustle and bustle of the big smoke.

Anthony was signed to play with the Wagga Magpies , but he had a get out clause in case the Club went into receivership. Since Magpies disolved in 2005 , Watmough was forced to sign a 1 year incentive deal with premiership hopefuls Wagga Kangaroos. Anthony said he was keen to play along side of some of the best footballers the 60,000 strong city has to offer.

Kite signed for three years with the option for a fourth in our favour (I think).

He has played out two years of that.

[quote author=ManlyBacker]
I can see it now.
Monday in the Daily Advertiser " The prodigal son returns home"

After moving to Sydney when he was only 3 days old Anthony Watmough has decide to move his young family back to where he grew up.Parents of John and Irene Watmough of West Wylong , just minutes from Wagga , Choc used to ply his trade on the dusty grounds of Staunton Oval.

Speaking from his home in Nth Ashmont , Choc said he was very happy to be home in the City of Good Sports and was pleased to be away from the hustle and bustle of the big smoke.

Anthony was signed to play with the Wagga Magpies , but he had a get out clause in case the Club went into receivership. Since Magpies disolved in 2005 , Watmough was forced to sign a 1 year incentive deal with premiership hopefuls Wagga Kangaroos. Anthony said he was keen to play along side of some of the best footballers the 60,000 strong city has to offer.
[/quote]

might be good for rugby league in Wagga earl becasue at the moment it's a total embarrassment and going nowhere- they don't even have a decent ground to play out of

Footy is ****ed here now.
Watch for AFL to take over completely in the next few years.

Footy is ****ed here now.
Watch for AFL to take over completely in the next few years.

yep- thanks to the Auskick program all the juniors in Narrandera are playing AFL so they can play with their mates. It breaks my heart to see kids from strong rugby league families playing AFL - actually it makes me more so pissed off at the lame arse CRL...Terry Quinn you are a farken bludger. You have a piss easy job stuck up in an office in Phillip St signing forms (I know how it works)- hows about pulling your finger out and actually doing something (and a junket doesn't count)!
AFL administrators are leaps and bounds ahead of rugby league and unfortunately rugby league will suffer down the track becasue of it.

I used to coach under 9's and 13's , and we had a kid in the 13's that was around 5,11" and weighed around 75 kilos. He put the fear of god into every other team. After 3 games he went to play AFL. This guy would have been bigger the Mason when he grew up. Such a waste.
Typical Rugby League. Lets see how good a job we can do without spending money.

AFL are spending heaps. We have 3 High quality AFL grounds. We dont have one single quality Rugby league ground.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2