Manlys left side attack...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Is now every bit as dangerous as the right side.
Along with Foz playing direct with Horo running good angles or the 2nd man play with Snake chiming in.
Then there is the threat of early ball to Matai which I would like to see more.
His step is lethal & his speed off the mark is excellent & he has the strength to go with it.
Throw in 1 of the games hardest men to tackle in Taufua who is getting involved when needed, but a brilliant positional winger & it is now as deadly as any left side attack in the NRL.

I love the contrast in the two sides of the attack. Our right side is just all finesse and class with Killer/Gift/DCE/Wolf, whereas the left is just all power and aggression Foz/Choc/Horo/Taufau/Matai.

Awesome to have such threats on both sides.

I think our left is more dangerous this season. Chez and Gifty's form is down where as Matai Tafua and Foz are killing it.

Good to have options.. when one side isnt playing well we can switch it up.

Horos try last night was such a good footballers try, foz saw the half gap and ran to it to draw the outside man in and open up the gap on the outside for horro. He just read the play and ran his hole then smashed his way to the line.

By the way I am optioning the nick name "mask" for horro

MK Eagle said:
Along with Foz playing direct with Horo running good angles or the 2nd man play with Snake chiming in.
His step is lethal & his speed off the mark is excellent & he has the strength to go with it.
Throw in 1 of the games hardest men to tackle in Taufua who is getting involved when needed, but a brilliant positional winger & it is now as deadly as any left side attack in the NRL.

Sounds like you are cutting and pasting Fox Sports commentators opinions during that game who tend to make things up as they go sometimes without any real deep analysis of the situation just what appears to sound right.

KaZa said:
I think our left is more dangerous this season. Chez and Gifty's form is down where as Matai Tafua and Foz are killing it.

Good to have options.. when one side isnt playing well we can switch it up.

The early rounds were our most successful when we played Tom Symonds outside DCE

Foz / Horo / Matai
DCE / Tom / Jamie

That was when were playing our straightest & strongest.
Gifty still seems in the road to me, especially pace wise?

I saw Tom live for the first time last week against Parra and was impressed with his size & speed, especially gap running (similar to Horo on left)

Dan said:
Horos try last night was such a good footballers try, foz saw the half gap and ran to it to draw the outside man in and open up the gap on the outside for horro. He just read the play and ran his hole then smashed his way to the line.

By the way I am optioning the nick name "mask" for horro

Too late, he has already been christened Scopey, or The Scope.

I thought last night the right side look better then it has in a long time. In the second half Lyon was playing very direct and when he was giving it to his outside men he was doing it early which helped a lot.

Technical Coach said:
MK Eagle said:

Sounds like you are cutting and pasting Fox Sports commentators opinions during that game who tend to make things up as they go sometimes without any real deep analysis of the situation just what appears to sound right.
Gee - thought I simply posted, so confused on how you can hear how it sounds, your actually supposed to read it-wheres the volume button??
I dont really give a rats what they think, but IF they had a similar opinion they may just have it right.
Whats your point?? Do you disagree?? If so - Why??
You stick with your analytical threads that are harder to understand than a rocket scientist review so it seems correct...to you.
Fact is, lots of your points are similar to what Fox commentators would say, only they break it down with far more simplicity.
I would hope this does not mean you listen to them like gospel - I certainly don't.

Horo spent the majority of the game covering Choc's role in the middle third, made a pretty good fist of it too, despite being a little undersized. He wandered out to the left edge a couple of times and reaped the benefit of a try on one of those occasions. He does run a tough line, as does Foran, so must be a nightmare for the defence knowing that these guys aren't going to flinch and give you an early read.

* These views are my own and have not been formulated by listening to Fox Sports commentators (or TC for that matter), well not consciously anyway.

lANaW40.jpg

Central Coast Eagle said:
GE you are silvertails.net own Jamie Lyon!

Oh I dunno, I'm happy to play representative forum-ness.

A coincidence you say that as I heard the Manly boys say: "Jamie, you are Manly's GE!"

#yeahright

:)

MK Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
MK Eagle said:

Gee - thought I simply posted, so confused on how you can hear how it sounds, your actually supposed to read it-wheres the volume button??
I dont really give a rats what they think, but IF they had a similar opinion they may just have it right.
Whats your point?? Do you disagree?? If so - Why??
You stick with your analytical threads that are harder to understand than a rocket scientist review so it seems correct...to you.
Fact is, lots of your points are similar to what Fox commentators would say, only they break it down with far more simplicity.
I would hope this does not mean you listen to them like gospel - I certainly don't.

Ok fair enough just "pure coincidence" you "sound"(oops read) like Brandy a day or two later.
The point I was trying to get across is what makes you think our left side attack in the past was not as lethal or created more breaks/opportunities compared to our right beyond just taking Brandy's lazy word for it.(Brandy does come up with some good observations but others times it borders on lazy analysis)

What you are pointing out are some of the improvements in our left side attack which is the case but how does this relate back to the past impressions that in comparison to our right it was not as effective or clinical.

On your second point I very much doubt you will find my views are a cut and paste job or just a simple reflection of other peoples opinions and thoughts(point one out---good luck)

The lame attempt at humour by "sounding" like a sarcastic drop kick implying I was not aware of the grammatical error and pointing it out. (you do realise it is a common way of making a point for exaggeration and impact purposes.)

If you were just an average contributor to this site with boring thoughts and a lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the game I would have let this slide but I've enjoyed your contributions and this post was a piss poor lazy effort off the back of two high scoring games against weak opposition.(I do agree our attack has improved though but it has not been tested under defensive pressure yet)

Sarcastic Dropkick - Terry Lamb done 1 of those with his side down by 2 points.
The Seaeagles right side attack is the BEST in the game.
To utilize this factor better its important to hit that left side more to take some heat off Gift/Lyon & co who have recently seemed to try to create opportunities that are not on, creating pushed passes & errors ect.
The quality of that right side is unstoppable with a touch more time & space but has imo, become at times predictable & its like Manly are so reliant on this area to score points in tough games - it becomes forced.
Will still work on the back of quicker direct play through the ruck & using the left side more - which was my direction of initial thread.
In (Saying) that there is some great ammunition on the left & for mine, for different reasons is almost on par with the right.
Matai is great with early ball or running that late delayed inside ball also, not just a super dummy half runner so its pleasing to see this on show.
Taufua- the more touches he has- the better we are.

As for listening to commentators I am not a fan.
Mark Geyer is the only 1 I would give time too & thats not to say I agree with all he says, but at least he wears his heart on his sleeve & is believable (plus was a Manly supporter).
If I heard Brandy make this call would have thought twice before posting this thread!!

Chip and Chase said:
Horo spent the majority of the game covering Choc's role in the middle third, made a pretty good fist of it too, despite being a little undersized. He wandered out to the left edge a couple of times and reaped the benefit of a try on one of those occasions. He does run a tough line, as does Foran, so must be a nightmare for the defence knowing that these guys aren't going to flinch and give you an early read.

* These views are my own and have not been formulated by listening to Fox Sports commentators (or TC for that matter), well not consciously anyway.

This issue is not about agreeing or formulating views from others(no problem with that) but backing it up with some facts, elaborating on why you agree and also the timing.---(playing against two average at best teams and riding the high a few easy wins give off)

The point of the original post is not about "we have the best right side attack in the competition" it was clearly stating that our "left side is now as good as our right". Inadvertently the post is basically suggesting all this time that a full time 5/8 in Foran on the left has been unable to or less effective at setting up attacking plays as well as the right in the past on top of many other areas such as;

How many line breaks have occurred on the left compared to the right in the past and present?

How much yardage do we make on the left compared to the right in the past and present?

How much more dangerous is Foran running and taking the line on compared to G.Stewart and Lyon in the past and present?

Is there a substantial difference in points scored on either side to suggest there is a huge gap between the sides past and present?

Are there more attacking variations from one side to the other past and present?

We can all see that our right side is not as great as some people believe to be the case. My belief is it has been over hyped, it's not like G.Stwewart has changed his playing style overnight---the flaws in our attack have existed well before this year.

I have also equally not been in favour of our attack on the left in the past and present but this year Foran has improved and is positioning himself better not just ball playing on the edge as much with limited space, options and time.

Foran is playing more central trying to play straighter,taking on the line at the right times, hiding himself more deeper off the back of second man plays, not overplaying his hand at times with early ball which has been developing for over a season now and is more sharp this year with the lighter playing weight.

Both sides of attack need to be improved more but to suggest the left side is now as potent as the right is suggesting the right has always been better than the left which is not the case.

The elephant in the room Gents:sleepy:

That sloth T-ex, is no longer breaking down the play as it flows to the left :exclamation: Manly has finally dislodged that obstruction:dodgy:

Loved the last two weeks' stretching to the right and immediately turning it back to score on the left.:)

Win Big Manly :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6