Manlys NSW Cup & First Grade Sides

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dicko

2015 Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Teams
FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. E.Lauaki
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn (C)
7. Z.Nicholls
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

Unused:
M.Iosefa, T.Satini, M.Rudolph

These are the teams I consider most likely to take the field in 2015, if we stick with what we have and make no more signings. Thoughts??

Lui, Lauaki, Santini and Iosefa not resigned according to Zero tackle. I hope Lui is retained.
Williame and Blair could end up our first grade wingers to combat the high ball.

Jayden Hodges has to be on the bench. He is electric and with more minutes in the 1st team he will get better. Maybe Toovs will consider using 2 hookers like Des used to, with Le'Strange/Ballin in '08.

I heard Williame is ordinary and we are going backwards if we keep that starting pack. Won't make top 4 so clear the salary cap and rebuy for 2017. Going to be a lean year as that actual team has come to its end.

Zane will be on the bench for first grade, Lui is a must to be re signed

Dicko said:
FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. E.Lauaki
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn (C)
7. Z.Nicholls
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

Unused:

These are the teams I consider most likely to take the field in 2015, if we stick with what we have and make no more signings. Thoughts??
That first grade pack will give us the same result as this year, if not worse....... I doubt that it would even make the eight.....the pack needs aggression and passion, if we turn up and go around like we did this year expect nothing more.

Imagine what that Bulldogs pack will do to us. Nice little BJ hitting it up and stopping. I read that the Knights are worried they also have no big forwards but can't see anyone to sign. The bubble has burst. It has been a wonderful run but there is a lot of older guys who aren't improving anymore and look at Souths, new young guys coming in. That needs to be us.

Tom T at fullback in 2016 is a start. I'm hearing Brett is being heavily chased from someone in his home town, Wollongong. Maybe he needs a fresh start.

Ping off anyone who doesn't want to stay. If foran wants to go well Littlejohn can play up too. Still feel like we a missing that really hard head front rower, that James Graham type who could just eat the opposition. If Choc gets released I expect it will hurt, but prefer that then he be in the media every second week again next year.

To the contrary that back line needs a little injection of youth. Letting Matai/Stewart go would allow Gutherson/Blair/Hiku/T Turbo to develop and bloom.

1. P.Hiku
2. C.Blair
3. J.Lyon ©
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin vc
10. B.Lawrence
11. T.Andrews
12. J.Sene Lefao
13. T.Symonds

J.Buhrer Knee recovery.

Bench:
14. D.Lui
15. E.Lauaki
16. Z.Tetevano
17. J.Trbojevic (Lets see how destructive you can be in the backrow to start with junior)

NSW CUP
1. T.Trbojevic
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. T.Satini
5. D.Williams / J.Ramien
6. J.Littlejohn ©
7. Z.Nicholls/ M.Iosefa
8. J.Hasson (Hope Donny can put another 10-15 kg on him in the off season)
9. J.Hodges
10. L.Sao
11. B.Leary
12. J.Horo (Reserves? He wasn't the same forward he was in 13.)
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. M.CheeKam
15. Luke Haddrik
16. Dylan Kelly
17. James Mirceski

Darren said:
I heard Williame is ordinary and we are going backwards if we keep that starting pack. Won't make top 4 so clear the salary cap and rebuy for 2017. Going to be a lean year as that actual team has come to its end.
Well we got within an inch of the minor premiership with those forwards. JUST because we were running out of troops at the end doesn't mean what we have is not good enough. Just need to tweak the forwards with maybe 1 hard head forward n we'll do alright.

Dicko said:
FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. E.Lauaki
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn (C)
7. Z.Nicholls
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

Unused:

Don't forget as well.....If these players are still around for next season, coming up from the 20s into the Cup side are these forwards, Delaney ( prop ), Leonati ( prop / backrower ) , Lee , Mirceski and hooker Stigg
Trbojevic and Mirceski / Andrews should be the props. Leonati is a big running Polynesian forward with plenty of mongrel, he could play there as well. They have these good forwards here, they don't need to waste extra $$$$$ buying average forwards elsewhere unless they have left.
I am not certain if 7 Nicholls has left

8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Problem with that starting pack is there is not one of them that will run at big opposition forwards in the middle of the field and have some impact.

Some of these guys will need to grow four inches and put on 15KGs over the off season to compete against what we saw in this years finals series.

Honestly, there were games this year where our backs were doing more tough hit ups than our forwards.

Yes the Bunnies certainly " changed the game " this year and everyone else will need to step up or be also rans in 2015.

Lord Eagleton said:
Jayden Hodges has to be on the bench. He is electric and with more minutes in the 1st team he will get better. Maybe Toovs will consider using 2 hookers like Des used to, with Le'Strange/Ballin in '08.

You're forgetting Buhrer.

There is no way Little Hodges will sit on the bench when Buhrer is a more than capable back up dummy half. Unless we pick up some cheap big front rowers like Mason and they use Lui as a front rower.

north coast eagle said:
Lui, Lauaki, Santini and Iosefa not resigned according to Zero tackle. I hope Lui is retained.
Williame and Blair could end up our first grade wingers to combat the high ball.

MWSE confirmed on their facebook page yesterday that Lui is already signed for 2015.

8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer
Is Horo a better option than Tom Symonds, Dunamis Lui or JSL? Given Manly struggled for meters this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6