Manly's Perfect Storm 2010-2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
Phil Gould voice...WOW!

I cannot believe how well things have gone for us this year. I've been an NZ Sea Eagles fan for 26 years and this has been the best year as a fan. Look at all the pieces that have fallen into place:

1.We have unearthed a boom half-back the likes of which you might see two of every generation. He's also loyal.

2.His half partner is THE perfect foil. They are not clones of each other but complement each other as well as any since Stuart and Daley.

3.T-Rex has been transformed from an average back to one of the first picked. As a forward he goes 80 minutes and is a human wrecking ball. If he comes of the bench then he's the definition of impact.

4.Buhrer has emerged as a jack-of-all-trades. He can slot in anywhere and invariably does damage when he comes off the bench.

5.Hoppa has proven himself to be one of the best finishers in the game. Fortunately, he will be gone for two years. I say that as I can't see him fitting under the salary cap for now. But, in two years he will return and likely take Jamie's spot and pay cheque.

6.Lussick has emerged as the new enforcer.

7.We avaoided the Tigers and the Dragons. Got the Broncos without Lockyer and the Storm folded. We have our ideal Grand Final opponents - we are their bogie team. We should win this by plenty.

8.We haven't bought any big dollar players / didn't waste any cap space on has-beens.

9.We'll be favourites next year with our half combination alone.

Stewart
Williams
Matai
Lyon
Oldfield
Foran
Cherry-Evans
Stewart
Williams
Watmough
King
Ballin
Kite

Rose
Lussick
Joe
Buhrer

Who is going to stop that?

Stating the obvious but we won't be anywhere near as strong on the wings as precious seasons with Hoppa & Robbo gone + Wolfman out for extended period & TRex settling nicely into the forwards. Interesting to see if we go into the market for a cheapie or two

Wolfman should be sweet for next year, but I wouldn't sweat on him being able to play out the whole year.

We also get Farrar. I reckon Oldfield will also improve with another year in him.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6